The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Muscular Female Frame Anyone???

Ibro156

3 minutes ago, arch111 said:

I have reached the point in the thread where I usually post the following image.

femrhino_presentation_by_gaber111-d9gftk

There. Done it.

Did you just make that? Pretty awesome have to say! :D

Well, I can never draw but you did what I couldn't. 

Edited by Ibro156

I've got nothing against it but it would have to be done almost PERFECTLY to come across as female in a warframe design given how abstract many of the features of a warframe tend to be you'd likely end up with something more androgynous in appearance than 'female'. you'd also have to consider what her role/powers would be because having just a random beefy female with powers that have nothing to do with her being muscular would go against the design directives DE tends to follow of the look meshing with the powers.  Sticking with conventional forms and typcial 'female' or 'male' traits like sayn's 'thighboots' and curves or Atlas' general musculature makes it easy to establish their identity. I've no doubt going forward we'll get into less conventional looks as they start looking for new ideas but a muscular femme frame is going to have to be done just wrong to come off as anything other than a novelty or gimmick. 

I mean look at portayls of muscular females in fantasy, you get amazons, and.....um.......Orc women?.....that's about it. In the rare event one is done without being one of those two things they tend to be designed very 'butch' with masculine everything and oversized boobs tacked on to establish them as female. 

I'll say it again there's nothing wrong with a muscular female, but unless it's designed with a very clear idea of what makes her tick they often come out as just "bro's with boobs" you need a way to avoid that for the concept to work well at all much less in warframe form where conventional facial features might not even be a thing(See Mag,).It's a more complex design problem than you think I'd wager.

11 minutes ago, Alma_Elma said:

Doesn't Nezha count as a muscular female frame?

Nezha is a man, the name nezha refers to a prince, its just that he looks very feminine.

Edited by Aliuas

12 minutes ago, Alma_Elma said:

Doesn't Nezha count as a muscular female frame?

Nezha's male and a good example of the 'androngynous' problem i mentioned when trying to use less specifically 'male' or 'female' features.  Another example, people used to think ember was a guy.

1 minute ago, Dekallis said:

Nezha's male and a good example of the 'androngynous' problem i mentioned when trying to use less specifically 'male' or 'female' features.  Another example, people used to think ember was a guy.

Actually, I think Ember WAS indeed a guy in early versions of the game (?

Muscle ladies used to beat me up at the gym.  Not physically, they just showed how much buffer they were and made disparaging comments about my exercise routine.  So now my ego has a scared of muscle ladies. :(  Please don't turn Warframe into a muscle lady location where once again I will be verbally and psychologically abused. Thank you.

Theres a difference between buff female bodies and fake bodies.

That overwatch character is not realistic, just like how people say that you can't look like the models on the billboards, that exact same thing applies to this character. Overwatch is technically a game about superheroes so they can get away with it. And even if there are some women that have reached this point in bulk, we are only talking about the 99th percentile, the extremely small amount of people who have to spend years perhaps decades of training and protein shakes to achieve such a body.

But warframe does have much more elements of realism. And thus having frames with that kind of physique is impossible and would not fit with the artistic vision of the game.

This is the same case with people demanding for fatter frames, like obese fat not curvy nor larger. This wont work either since frames are designed for aerobatic movement, even rhino and atlas (debately the largest builded frames in the game) still need to be considered for this. But it works because males, even when building strength for aerobic activities can achieve such builds and still remain agile due to their exponentially higher testosterone levels. It simply does not fit into the lore and it will never be done.

If i was someone who actually cares about body diversity, I would be the first to say that it's worse to portray female character unrealistically whether it is super lean or muscular than to actually stay true to what is possible and grounded in reality.

Edited by [DE]Taylor
removed baiting comment

If DE were to add a muscular female, then it would have to be done right.

Most of the frames look like they can move around the battle field fairly quickly and if they look something like this...

8-dayana-cadeau-bodybuilder.jpg

...then it will look stupid when she tries to do anything other than sprint (almost barfed while look for a picture like that to use).

However if it was closer to something like this...

1459032082.krinkels_gunkata_clothed.jpg

[/img]1420258136.krinkels_064.jpg

...then it will look cool (may be biased due to subject matter/art style), and to an extent we already have these body types.

And as people stated above, having diversity because diversity is just dumb.

Edited by Zerga-08

5 hours ago, Cash4Cookies said:

well maybe you think something may not look good, but other people might prefer it that way.
just like humans look different, i don't see why warframes can't look different.

well then we go to the Vidjya Game practicality reasons - all Warframes need to be able to do the same movement Animations, without causing issues.

unrealiistic or extremely exaggerated dimensions in either direction cause severe issues with this.
therefore will not exist because it'll cause an arm to phase through a body or Et Cetera.

*The orokin create dolls for kids to play with and be perfect assassins*

*Dolls that can be --perfect-- and need to be extremely agile and do not represent any sort of political agenda in space war*

*They create unrealistic, muscular female bodies to be socially responsible and not offend anyone"

Seriously.

3 minutes ago, Ibro156 said:

No offence but did you read it probably. I was just saying the males seem to have more distinctive features and different body builds thats all. Am not saying anything of what you had just said

You still fail to understand that men can easily reach much larger and muscular body types than females can. It is basic human genetics. It's is extremely rare for a female to reach that amount of bulk. The reason why there are not as many "diverse" body types amongst women is because the overwhelming majority of the are genetically unable to reach the size that men can. As much as this game is about space ninjas, it is very well grounded into reality, seeing a largely built male acrobat is substantially more common than the latter and thus opens more avenues for the artists to create larger male body types without breaking the consistency of the game. Even if you see actual olympic gymnasts, males are huge and muscular whereas females are substantially smaller, still muscular but overall smaller builds. This is how it is, and it would be preferable if DE stuck to that. 

23 hours ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

Pretty much my thoughts on the subject. I'm not against more types of Warframe looks and designs. In fact, I'd love more. However, as Sixty5 has said, diversity solely for the sake of diversity isn't good. It's tokenism at that point.

/thread