Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #76 Overview.

[DE]Taylor

After the milestone celebration last stream, Devstream 76 was all business. With the 3-Part Update in full swing, the crew on the couch took it upon themselves to keep the hype train going with tons of sneak peeks at upcoming changes.

If you missed all the details about the Archwing movement overhaul, the Star Chart rework, space-cats, and more, be sure to learn all about it here.

19 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

After the milestone celebration last stream, Devstream 76 was all business. With the 3-Part Update in full swing, the crew on the couch took it upon themselves to keep the hype train going with tons of sneak peeks at upcoming changes.

If you missed all the details about the Archwing movement overhaul, the Star Chart rework, space-cats, and more, be sure to learn all about it here.

Thank you for this overview!  I wanted to ask a question however, if I may?

When it says:

"With the introduction of Kavats in-game comes changes to the companion system for Kubrows as well! Maturation of kittens or pups will become instantaneous and voluntary, meaning you can have perma-puppies or perma-kitties if you don’t mind leaving them in Ordis’ care during missions"

Will their DNA and Loyalty still degrade?

30 minutes ago, Btabc said:

When it says:

"With the introduction of Kavats in-game comes changes to the companion system for Kubrows as well! Maturation of kittens or pups will become instantaneous and voluntary, meaning you can have perma-puppies or perma-kitties if you don’t mind leaving them in Ordis’ care during missions"

Well, yes I whuold assume so, as I don't think pups degrade anyways, only when they are adults it does, as..you are taking them ON missions  

2 hours ago, Btabc said:

When it says:

My question is, can you have a perma-kitty on your orbiter  and a full grown companion in your loadout?

1 hour ago, motorfirebox said:

My question is, can you have a perma-kitty on your orbiter  and a full grown companion in your loadout?

Hmmmmm.... interesting question.  I second this question BUT with an addition of mine as well so both can be answered! :D

5 hours ago, LegionCynex said:

Well, yes I whuold assume so, as I don't think pups degrade anyways, only when they are adults it does, as..you are taking them ON missions  

I was told that they do degrade as pups?  I think wiki even stats that they do as well?!

"When the incubation process completes, either naturally or by rushing, the player will be able to name their new Kubrow. Once named, the Kubrow will begin to experience daily Genetic Stability and Loyalty degradation, even as a pup. It will also require an additional two daily server resets to occur before it will reach maturity, at which point the player can take it out on missions.

Interestingly, since the maturation of a Kubrow pup is dependent on the server reset cycle and not a set amount of hours, depending on when the Kubrow is named, it can take as little as 24 hours (if it was named immediately before the first server reset) or as long as 48 hours (if named immediately after the server reset) to reach maturity."

I've got the howl of a kubrow mission STILL active (yes I should have cleared that by now, but I don't want to watch it die a little over time and have to use stabilizers right now) and I'm on the "Wait for your kubrow to mature".  According to wiki it says that once it hatches we're able to name it and then it (highlighted in red and green) still degrades :(.  If this is false please let me know because it's a little misleading at the moment and that's what worries me slightly, but if it is then that would need to be fixed as well!  Sorry for the questions, but I've asked my friends and they all say the same thing that the pups do :(

23 hours ago, Btabc said:

I was told that they do degrade as pups?  I think wiki even stats that they do as well?!

"When the incubation process completes, either naturally or by rushing, the player will be able to name their new Kubrow. Once named, the Kubrow will begin to experience daily Genetic Stability and Loyalty degradation, even as a pup. It will also require an additional two daily server resets to occur before it will reach maturity, at which point the player can take it out on missions.

Interestingly, since the maturation of a Kubrow pup is dependent on the server reset cycle and not a set amount of hours, depending on when the Kubrow is named, it can take as little as 24 hours (if it was named immediately before the first server reset) or as long as 48 hours (if named immediately after the server reset) to reach maturity."

I've got the howl of a kubrow mission STILL active (yes I should have cleared that by now, but I don't want to watch it die a little over time and have to use stabilizers right now) and I'm on the "Wait for your kubrow to mature".  According to wiki it says that once it hatches we're able to name it and then it (highlighted in red and green) still degrades :(.  If this is false please let me know because it's a little misleading at the moment and that's what worries me slightly, but if it is then that would need to be fixed as well!  Sorry for the questions, but I've asked my friends and they all say the same thing that the pups do :(

Do the kubrow quest and if you are not going to login for a few days still the pup / adult into Stasis and it will not degrade or require attention. You can get the incubator upgrade segment from your clan dojo research which then allows you to retrieve the kubrow in either 30 mins or rush ready it for in game credits 10,000.

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 9:46 AM, LordAngellis said:

Do the kubrow quest and if you are not going to login for a few days still the pup / adult into Stasis and it will not degrade or require attention. You can get the incubator upgrade segment from your clan dojo research which then allows you to retrieve the kubrow in either 30 mins or rush ready it for in game credits 10,000.

Got the upgrade segment installed and I will more than likely be getting another egg so I can complete the kubrow quest, saving current egg for kava and its quest ?. Just hoping that pups would be exempt from degrading UNTIL we mature them, then they could start