Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Replacement frame for Excalibur

snooptigger

Question

Hi

I hope that this is the correct section to put my question.  I love using Excalibur but I would like to do some other frames as well.  I have done several frames and enjoyed them but once I've levelled them I always go back to him.  I'm wondering which frame you would recommend someone who loves to play Excalibur. 

Frames used that that I can remember off top of head. 

Nyx, Rhino, Valkyr, Oberon, Mag, currently levelling Trinity

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by snooptigger

20 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, snooptigger said:

Hi

I hope that this is the correct section to put my question.  I love using Excalibur but I would like to do some other frames as well.  I have done several frames and enjoyed them but once I've levelled them I always go back to him.  I'm wondering which frame you would recommend someone who loves to play Excalibur. 

Frames used that that I can remember off top of head. 

Nyx, Rhino, Valkyr, Oberon, Mag, currently levelling Trinity

Thanks in advance. 

Wukong...

Thanks for the hints.  I solo and I team so any info is great.  Not heard of umbra but just bought sands of Iranos, have half of ash prime bps and I have wakong built in the foundry.    Definitely have ideas of what I need to work on now.

As an aside I'm a she not a he!

7 minutes ago, jmthebigman said:

He asked for something which plays alike, Im sure he still wanna stay useful for a team whilst doing so :P

wukong is gonna be just as useless/useful for the team as Excal (since when is tankiness and DPS useless for the team?)

I'm gonna go wide with this and say Ivara.

A lot of people play her by trying to stay invisible all the time using her skill Prowl which slows you down, kind of like an MMORPG stealth for rogues, but you don't HAVE to play her that way. Her other three skills are ranged and very useful. You can run around swapping to and from Artemis bow, firing quiver arrows and guiding projectiles.

Is there something specific you like about or doing with Excalibur?

If it's Exalted Blade and its ranged waves, then Ivara's Artemis Bow is deadly at range as is Mesa's Peacemakers (but limited to being stationary). You already mentioned using Valkyr, but Wukong also has a channeled ability melee weapon as others have mentioned.

If it's  Radial Javelin or Blind, then Equinox's Maim is similar but capable of scaling with Rest also disabling enemies and opening them to finishers. Inaros is able to open enemies to finishers with Desiccation and regains health from them.

For Slash Dash then Atlas is a good choice, then there's also Rhino, Hydroid, and (somewhat) Zephyr. 

Edited by Maicael

26 minutes ago, VKhaun said:

I'm gonna go wide with this and say Ivara.

A lot of people play her by trying to stay invisible all the time using her skill Prowl which slows you down, kind of like an MMORPG stealth for rogues, but you don't HAVE to play her that way. Her other three skills are ranged and very useful. You can run around swapping to and from Artemis bow, firing quiver arrows and guiding projectiles.

I can agree here. It's fun to use her and bullet jump while launching her quiver arrows here and there. Sleep Arrows for CC, Stealth Bubble arrows for making a pseudo snow globe and reviving teammates, Dashwire arrows for creating vantage points which is highly underrated and fun, and Sound Arrow for stealth. Ivara is actually more versatile than people seem to give her credit for. And her Artemis Bow is a pretty strong shotgun bow(Shotbow...Shortbow...heh) for close to mid range encounters.

Edited by Knightmare047

Once again thank you for your help.  I definitely have ideas of what who I should try out.  Thanks especially to Maicael with the details about specific abilities that didn't occur to me that it would be useful.  Definitely an exalted blade fan.

If you take into account Wukong's new syndicate augments then he can be team usefull with his Iron bar ground jab lauches you in the air knocking all foes around you to the ground for easy quick kills.

The other question would be your playstyle..do you like stealth play or run and gun?