Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are there no plus sized frames?

TheyreFood

Title... please make it happen DE i need this in my life

---

to clarify because some people do not seem to want to think deeper before posting comments:

i do not mean we should make a fat frame for the sake of making a fat frame, but instead i mean having a larger frame with a theme that matches it would be really cool 

i do not think it is just about representing larger people i mean it would be cool that it does that at the same time but thats not a reason in and of itself to really make a frame 

making it a massively obese frame would look stupid and not match the theme of the game, thats not what i'm thinking, but a pudgy frame with a bit of a spare tire could be made into something like, see samurai and sumo fighters

---

i think threads like this could be discussed about and commented on without being aggressive and by keeping an open mind on topics like this could help DE see design themes they could look into that could keep everyone happy, being hateful and mean helps no one and posting rude comments does nothing for the topic and just makes you look childish.

i would like to thank everyone that commented and had actual feedback (if you agreed with me or not) for being civil and helping the progression of this game, you guys are great!

Edited by TheyreFood

1 minute ago, CKNPOTPIE said:

I have a feeling this is going to turn into a political disaster such as an earlier thread.

what earlier thread? also how? are heavier people not allowed to be represented? blizzard gave us one... just one, we have a spot in league of legends, and a ton in wow... why not warframe?

2 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

Because being plus sized is not exactly beneficial for killing machines that capitalize on agility and speed.

how is that true?... there are plenty of able-bodied plus sized men and women, that can do just what everyone else can do. i'm shocked to see this kind of attitude from a mod... :(

Just now, TheyreFood said:

what earlier thread? also how? are heavier people not allowed to be represented? blizzard gave us one... just one, we have a spot in league of legends, and a ton in wow... why not warframe?

I never said that, don't jump to conclusions. What I am saying is this is similar to an earlier thread which is now locked (the muscular female frames) because people were spurting insults at each other because of conflicting beliefs. This is a similar premise to that.

Have you seen the vents they crawl through? Frames like Rhino, Atlas, and Frost are probably constantly polishing their shoulders because they scrape them every time they go intot he field. Plus size? Well.. likely going to get stuck, in all honestly.

Besides that, with the amount of use your frame gets, combined with the method of creation, I'm not sure the flesh beneath the metal could become plus-sized, in any sense of the word.

Just now, CKNPOTPIE said:

I never said that, don't jump to conclusions. What I am saying is this is similar to an earlier thread which is now locked (the muscular female frames) because people were spurting insults at each other because of conflicting beliefs. This is a similar premise to that.

i mean i'm just saying it would be nice

3 minutes ago, TheyreFood said:

how is that true?... there are plenty of able-bodied plus sized men and women, that can do just what everyone else can do. i'm shocked to see this kind of attitude from a mod... :(

you mean steven seagal?

Edited by Visione

4 minutes ago, TheyreFood said:

Because after a certain size (that is to say, beyond 'burly', or even that of excessive muscles), one's agility, speed, endurance and so on is typically impacted negatively. This is true both of bodybuilders (those ones with the excessive muscles who pop steroids like skittles) and those who are afflicted with excess fat.

What are warframes?

We're not exactly sure yet, but they are humonaid beings that tenno control.

If the bodies are human, then... they most definitely would not have any excess fat. They are constantly performing athletic, even acrobatic activities that often surpass what is humanly possible. A human body moving that much would surely burn through any stored fat in no time.

If the bodies are merely... sculpted, then why would they be plus sized? The fat brings no advantages to the table. If you want weight, then you got Rhino. He's got that extra weight added in a way that doesn't restrict his flexibility.

Simply put, there's no logical reason for a warframe to be plus sized.

You want a fat warframe for the sake of it?

I'm sorry, but I don't believe that should override the lore.

1 minute ago, Letter13 said:

Because after a certain size (that is to say, beyond 'burly', or even that of excessive muscles), one's agility, speed, endurance and so on is typically impacted negatively. This is true both of bodybuilders (those ones with the excessive muscles who pop steroids like skittles) and those who have an excess of fat.

i mean i never said morbidly obese, i was saying plus sized, that doesn't mean hopelessly large...