Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are there no plus sized frames?

TheyreFood

6 minutes ago, williamsos10 said:

Guess we will see how the HUGE new guard like enemy's teased in The War Within turns out. If they are agile in any way then there is no stopping us from having a chunkier frame. As of now i'm not for or against the idea. I just think that its not impossible to have one in the future

The huge guards will, without a doubt, have their own set of completely different animations. You know it's a big deal that they are making a primary weapon with a different holding animation because they have to do it for all the stances, right? And the stances are just that, there are also core animations that are used by all frames. Now imagine two sets of core animations - lean and fat, each having their own stances, because stances for lean frames already badly clip for bulkier frames, it will be much worse for fat ones unless they alter the stances to fit.

Edited by Kethus

This is Warframe, not league of legends, overwatch, or warcraft. Fat/obese frames don't fit the game style. If you want to play with fat characters, there are plenty of other games already out there which have fat people in them.

Also, what other people said about animation, clipping, and healthy body images.

8 hours ago, TheyreFood said:

-snip-

Rhino is large, as in muscular. It is so large in fact, that I can't see my gun while aiming because of it's wide shoulders. He looks especially good with the Palatine Skin. Larger than that is pretty much dumb for the usability, you can't see stuff around.

16 minutes ago, Evers said:

You mean this quote:

"I could see his purity, his symmetry, the beauty of his glittering gold irises"

Yah, this a Corpus Archimedean who says this. Not a Orokin. Of we take quotes from C.Vor he said "I sense the energy of void within in this frame". And everyone start to go on a wild hunt to figuring out what the hell. Some even started to speculate the Operator was a slim like being able to go into one frame to another. Well, this was badly disproven when Second Dream and Natah came out.

1 minute ago, Ibro156 said:

You mean this quote:

"I could see his purity, his symmetry, the beauty of his glittering gold irises"

Yah, this a Corpus Archimedean who says this. Not a Orokin. Of we take quotes from C.Vor he said "I sense the energy of void within in this frame". And everyone start to go on a wild hunt to figuring out what the hell. Some even started to speculate the Operator was a slim like being able to go into one frame to another. Well, this was badly disproven when Second Dream and Natah came out.

They opened the chamber door just in time for me too see it happen; the Archimedian erupting into a flash, jade-like and blinding. I knew her. She was the greatest scholar of genetics who ever lived. Except now she was nothing but mist and gore.

A voice boomed from within, "The Crewmen project is cancelled. Send in the next."

The Achimedian got executed because the results of her experiments were not enough for the Orokin executors.

If that is not perfectionism then what is?

20 minutes ago, Ibro156 said:

You mean this quote:

I know its a Corpus who says it but he is talking to the Orokin. And read what the Orokin are saying, what they want, what they expect. Look at how he describes them.

They execute anythign that doesn't fit their appeal.

10 minutes ago, Nine-Tails said:

Hell no.

Why not?   It will look like Rhino with no waist.   With different helm and abilities.

Its not about "fat"....Its more about size. You know...Bulky stuff.   Like....That knight's armor that make you look fat...But there is super muscular guy inside.  This type of armor were made to brush attacks better.

+ there can be some sort of mechanic involved.... Container frame....NO! CANNON frame.  He is empty inside and can put enemies within his belly to fire em like cannonballs. Or use em to increase his mass and do some weird sht with that.

31 minutes ago, Helch0rn said:

The Achimedian got executed because the results of her experiments were not enough for the Orokin executors.

If that is not perfectionism then what is?

That still proves nothing. That quote comes from a Corpus Archimedean. What I see is that the Orokin want a solution that works. Which can adapt to environment and scavenge for materials.

Anyway, this is just an a assumption. If we went with what Nef said, we would all be giving ourselves to the void (you know what I mean). Am saying is we can't say for certaintity this the truth. We need something alot more concrete then this. It leaves for a lot assumptions and wrong paths.

12 minutes ago, Evers said:

I know its a Corpus who says it but he is talking to the Orokin. And read what the Orokin are saying, what they want, what they expect. Look at how he describes them.

They execute anythign that doesn't fit their appeal.

Read above plz^

Who cares about practicality this is a game about space traveling murderers. Stop being so obstinate to the idea of a frame meant to be inclusive and allow positive body image to different body types. If this bothers you then just don't think about it or play it if by some miracle it became real. Also there are endless possible themes the would make a plus size or fat frame interesting and fun. Any reluctance to not having one is based solely on dislike of larger body types.

43 minutes ago, Ibro156 said:

You mean this quote:

We were twins bred for purpose, cloned and then modified so that we could both interface with the Lora Device. The Orokin had a visage imbued with variation, beauty and symmetry, but we had the Lora nodes protruding from our right temples. Their skin was silken, ours was weaved with ribbons of metallic facia that snaked around our bodies and into the Lora Device embedded in our palms. We made them uncomfortable and they made that known, that is, until they were sick or hurt and then we were saviours.

Corrupted Ancient Synthesis

9 hours ago, Letter13 said:

Because being plus sized (that is to say, beyond the point of 'burly' which Rhino/Hydroid is) is not exactly beneficial for killing machines that capitalize on agility and speed.

My whole life was a lie 

latest?cb=20110809201232

Spoiler

xiaolin showdown

30 minutes ago, arch111 said:

What are we talking about here?

Big like this?

MUrhino-17.jpg

About the idea of a fat frame. Again...

53 minutes ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

We were twins bred for purpose, cloned and then modified so that we could both interface with the Lora Device. The Orokin had a visage imbued with variation, beauty and symmetry, but we had the Lora nodes protruding from our right temples. Their skin was silken, ours was weaved with ribbons of metallic facia that snaked around our bodies and into the Lora Device embedded in our palms. We made them uncomfortable and they made that known, that is, until they were sick or hurt and then we were saviours.

Corrupted Ancient Synthesis

Okay, now I believe you. But here the thing whole idea of Warframe needing to be symmetrical is abused. I don't really like idea of plus sized Warframe but I don't like your argument either. If we went by the idea of Warframe requiring to be symmetrical then Loki wouldn't count seeing how his skin is far from it. Sayrn and Sayrn.P shouldn't either, seeing how they have that Infested thing on left leg. I can name alot more names but what am saying argument isnt that strong by itself and has been reused so many times

Edited by Ibro156

36 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

This game has it's own universe and lore, in which things make sense to a degree. If we start throwing things like basic physiology out the window, what direction do we have? It's not that it bothers us at all, it's more so that it's an idea that makes no sense. If you can't understand or won't even try to understand that type of logic, why are you even posting in a forum? 

Using a lore that is undefined to justify disapprove of a concept meant to evoke inclusion is closed mind and merely a manipulation of the games story telling to further your personal agenda. Whatever lore exist is irrelevant to this topic. DE has always been a company dedicated to inclusion and respect. Having a plus size frame would in no way go against their ideals. So stop using the barely stable lore to justify your desire to exclude a positive body image.

Wow. I feel everyone should be free to suggest whatever frames and features they'd like to see, but "positive body image"? This is starting to go a little over the top now. A request is a request. Telling somebody they're against promoting a "positive body image", for whatever that means, just because they disagree with said request isn't fair and steers the whole topic toward something entirely different.

Edited by Berserkerkitten

13 minutes ago, Berserkerkitten said:

Wow. I feel everyone should be free to suggest whatever frames and features they'd like to see, but "positive body image"? This is starting to go a little over the top now.

I've read through this thread. I've seen five types of people. First, is the person calls another a "SJW". They tend to be first to go off. Second type are those who are SJW and are trying to hard. Third type are the ones who are saying this frames would against lore. Even tho some their some frames that contridicates what they're saying. Fourth type are ones who are saying its possible idea. Fifth type of people are you. Who just let it be.

This kinda thread tend attract different birds to the nest.

The problem with threads like these is that they try to promote an idea or a concept that can't be implemented w/o logical reasoning.

Warframe currently has 29 usable frames (Titania being our 30th incarnation) and out of those 29 frames only 6 (7 if you consider Oberon) are visibly "bulky." Now these frames have drawbacks to them due to their large size (slower speed) but they also have benefits that make them useful (Higher Health/Armor/Shields or abilities that make them more durable or provide benefits for the team).

Now, when I see threads that say "We need more fat/bulky/larger frames because [...]," I'm thinking "why?" Frames like Atlas and Rhino already make up 21% of the game (which will be 20% once Titania is released) and if you're asking for bulky frames to make up 40%-50% of the game, then I have to say that ain't happening any time soon. Now there's a reason as to why DE chose this direction into making frames that are slender-looking. Look at the trailers like The CallThe Profit or the Open Beta Launch Trailer, there is at least one bulky frame there and that is because they're facing high-priority targets (Alad V, Lech Kril, Capt. Vor). Since this game is all about space ninjas and being stealthy then it seems more likely to have more slender looking frames than bulky frames.

TL;DR (This game is about stealthy, space ninjas. Having less bulky frames isn't about "PC" or "equality" but  more like practicality, since it's less likely for a tenno to assassinate dangerous targets than it is to exterminate or spy in enemy outposts.)