Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stuck on MR3

(PSN)zhris_71

Question

So I just hit MR3, and I seem to have run out of quests. Everything I see on the 4-5 planets available are either Locked or ones I've already done, making it hard for me to get to MR4. I'm guessing that I'm overlooking something really simple, but for the life of me I can't see where to go next. Any hints? Thanks!

7 minutes ago, (PS4)zhris_71 said:

So I just hit MR3, and I seem to have run out of quests. Everything I see on the 4-5 planets available are either Locked or ones I've already done, making it hard for me to get to MR4. I'm guessing that I'm overlooking something really simple, but for the life of me I can't see where to go next. Any hints? Thanks!

Well, first off this isn't your typical "leveling" experience. You get very minor rank from finishing nodes. You get the majority of it from leveling Frames and Weapons as well pets, such as sentinels and kubrows. Go buy some weapons off the market for credits and level them up, then buy some blue prints and level those weapons up. Frames can come from the boss on each planet as well as quests, conclave and clans.

Edited by Wopel

Like @Wopel said, this isn't your "typical leveling experience". In Warframe, leveling a weapon gives you 3000 total points towards your next mastery rank, andwarframes give 6000 points. Not sure about pets.

If you go to your profile, you can see how many points you need for your next mastery rank. 

Nodes on the other hand, give very little I the way of "Mastery Points" almkst to the point where it's not worth doing them all, unless you are going for max MR. 

If you are having issues with progression, each boss for every planet drops a nav coordinate. So, kill the boss, install the segment, and enjoy your new planet.

1 minute ago, PoisonHD said:

If you are having issues with progression, each boss for every planet drops a nav coordinate. So, kill the boss, install the segment, and enjoy your new planet.

That's where I'm stuck, the boss for Earth requires MR4 (or 5, can't remember which). I just hit 3, and have a long way to go.

So it sounds like the best way to 'level up' is by continually leveling new gear? Just want to make sure I understand, the advancement concept in this game seems different than most others, so I'm still having a hard time grasping the concept.

Gaining Mastery requires you get weapons, frames, archwings, and companions to level 30.

Starchart progression requires you defeat bosses to get nav segments. Each boss has their own unique drops, so you can't just do the same one over again as a means of getting more planets.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Nav_Segment - See this page for a roadmap.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mastery_Rank - Optional read, extra credit.

Edit: Heads up, we're about to get Starchart 3.0 in about a week, which will have a new means of starchart progression. Nav segments (and the requirement that you fight the boss) will be removed, to be replaced by 'Junctions', which will have their own test (we don't know what it is yet, but I expect it'll be some sort of boss fight). They'll be clearly marked nodes, and should make it very easy to tell where you need to go to expand the starchart.

Edited by DeltaPhantom

7 minutes ago, (PS4)zhris_71 said:

That's where I'm stuck, the boss for Earth requires MR4 (or 5, can't remember which). I just hit 3, and have a long way to go.

So it sounds like the best way to 'level up' is by continually leveling new gear? Just want to make sure I understand, the advancement concept in this game seems different than most others, so I'm still having a hard time grasping the concept.

Exactly, constantly leveling new gear is the way you "level up" in Warframe. The way only other thing is that each weapon you level to 30 will only count once. Forming will not give any additional MR points.

For the planet's progression looks at this

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Planets

Beating Vay Hek (Earth's boss) is not necessary to continue to progress through the planets.

On a side note, I realized it takes me forever to type a response on my phone.

Edited by PoisonHD

8 hours ago, PoisonHD said:

Like @Wopel said, this isn't your "typical leveling experience". In Warframe, leveling a weapon gives you 3000 total points towards your next mastery rank, andwarframes give 6000 points. Not sure about pets.

Sentinels give the same amount as frames (6000), I believe kubrows do as well (I haven't started into them yet as they are a credit sink and I'm still burning through credits on a regular basis). Archwing give 6k as well.

4 minutes ago, Wopel said:

Sentinels give the same amount as frames (6000), I believe kubrows do as well (I haven't started into them yet as they are a credit sink and I'm still burning through credits on a regular basis). Archwing give 6k as well.

Just a quick note off-topic: The kubrows are a credit sink only if you want to actually use them. You need that power core thing that costs 100k credits (per kubrow) - the same amount a sentinel blueprint costs. Sentinels cost (if I recall) 15k creds to build - kubrows cost nothing to incubate, but they cost 25k creds if you want to get rid of them, or free if you wait them to starve. In short: As long as you don't "feed" them, they are only about as expensive as sentinels (and you can quickly level them up in Draco/etc, given that you can revive them, unlike sentinels which may die off from aoe by accident).

Also, kubrow imprints sell for stupid amounts of plat. As in, even ugly kubrows that look horrible can fetch you 20-50 pl, more than making up for the 25k cred cost that you need to pay to kick them out of the airlock. Seriously, I can not understand why someone would pay, for a kubrow, the same price in plat that it costs to buy a whole frame.

(Personal opinion: I wouldn't ever recommend actually using them for anything except mastery - they plain suck, namely because of stupid ai and the lack of utility. Their only selling point is that they last longer and deal more damage than sentinels, but if you need a sentinel/kubrow to deal damage, then you're clearly doing something wrong,)

2 minutes ago, (PS4)HR_Pufnstuf_1984 said:

Sedna boss unlocks Uranus apparently, I'm still waiting...

Could it be that I beat her in Rathuum?

And yet I have Eris

If you have Eris, you must have Uranus - Because Eris is opened by beating the boss of Uranus.

9 hours ago, (PS4)zhris_71 said:

You don't have to do earths boss yet it does unlock a warframe but no new planets.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)HR_Pufnstuf_1984 said:

Well I don't

Pic or it didn't happen - and if it did happen - then congrats, you've found a bug! Contact support about it (because they'll be the only ones capable of helping if you have somehow lost an entire planet from the starchart >.>)

Edited by Tomppak

Oh, also - In the event that you have just sedna, and want to open up uranus - you need to clear a path from the first node on sedna, to the merrow node, meaning that you have to "reach" the assassination mission by completing all the missions between the first node and the assassination node, and _then_, after that, you need to beat Kela. Then she'll drop the nav segment.

(I have no idea why, though. Sedna already requires more grinding than other planets to reach the assassination because of rathuum - every other planet you can just skip all the missions by asking for a taxi to the boss)

3 minutes ago, Tomppak said:

Oh, also - In the event that you have just sedna, and want to open up uranus - you need to clear a path from the first node on sedna, to the merrow node, meaning that you have to "reach" the assassination mission by completing all the missions between the first node and the assassination node, and _then_, after that, you need to beat Kela. Then she'll drop the nav segment.

(I have no idea why, though. Sedna already requires more grinding than other planets to reach the assassination because of rathuum - every other planet you can just skip all the missions by asking for a taxi to the boss)

They have been trying to "enforce" you actually playing through the game. You used to be able to get a taxi to a node on a planet which you didn't have unlocked and that node would be unlocked when you got to it. That no longer happens.

Found that out the hard way when a vet clan mate was helping me level/quest.

35 minutes ago, Tomppak said:

(Personal opinion: I wouldn't ever recommend actually using them for anything except mastery - they plain suck, namely because of stupid ai and the lack of utility. Their only selling point is that they last longer and deal more damage than sentinels, but if you need a sentinel/kubrow to deal damage, then you're clearly doing something wrong,)

When my Huras can kill a LV30 Bursa in 1 shot by attacking the front plates and plow through LV50s like its none of her business, I'm pretty sure I'm not doing anything wrong.

9 hours ago, PoisonHD said:

Nodes on the other hand, give very little I the way of "Mastery Points" almkst to the point where it's not worth doing them all, unless you are going for max MR. 

While nodes may not give much xp in terms of the meaningless MR, I highly recommend completing the starchart so that you don't have to be asking for taxis to every fricken' place in recruiting chat.

A major way of getting master is the so-called "mastery fodder". Those are equipment pieces you level up to 30 just for the mastery. Once leveled, you sell them for credits. Go to the market and buy some weapon blueprints for credits and craft them. In your arsenal when you go to equip primary and secondary weapons, on the list of things you'll see some weapons you can buy right away for credits - level those up first. 

If slots are an issue and you want to play for free - do some low level void, get some prime parts and sell them to people buying prime junk. You can easily sell 5 for 8-10 plat, meaning you only need 10 random parts to get 2 weapon slots. 

10 hours ago, (PS4)zhris_71 said:

Here's the thing. Mastery Rank doesn't really mean much. You can theoretically be as good a player at MR3 as I am at MR21. The only real improvement that MR gets you is the ability to buy syndicate weapons, which are very nice weapons but not necessarily more powerful than some Prime and even non-Prime weapons that you can get ahold of.

So don't focus on gaining MR as your main goal. Focus on getting stuff. Getting weapons, getting mods, leveling up your mods, and so on. That is what will make you more powerful. MR is basically just epeen.

10 hours ago, (PS4)zhris_71 said:

Leveling up new gear and frames is the ONLY way to level up. 

Each 30 lvls on a Warframe gets you 6000 Mastery XP,

Each 30 lvls on a weapon/sentinel/Kubrow gets you 3000 XP

Each new mission you get is like 50 xp?  Its not alot. 

So, yes, you continually buy new gear, get new warframes, and grind like mad. 

And Primes count as a new item, so you get Soma and Soma Prime, they count as separate weapons for mastery rank.

Also one thing to note about leveling up.  You can take off items and go in with less then a full build and the game will put more XP towards 1 item, allowing faster lvling for a given item.  Ex: You go into a battle with a Rhino WF, Soma LMG, Lato pistol, Kronen swords and get 1000 XP, it will be split 4 ways across all 4 items, giving each 250 XP.  Now, if you go into the arsenal and unequip the Lato and unequip the Soma, and play a mission for 1000 XP, it will then split the 1000 2 ways between Rhino and Kronen, giving each 500 xp. 

I find it best to never unequip your melee weapon, cuz when you run out of bullets lvling a S#&$ty gun, you will still have melee, plus melee is good for boxes and jump slamming things....

Edited by KnightCole

11 hours ago, (PS4)zhris_71 said:

I started an alternate account a week ago, mainly because there isn't anything I want to be doing on my MR21 2800 hour main account while I wait for the next update.  I kind of wanted to remind myself what it was like to not have all the things or 55 million credits or to be able to waltz through level 100 enemies.  Any way, the point is I've got a nice perspective on where you are at because on this new account I'm there too.

We're done with quests for the moment assuming you've done Stolen Dreams.  I didn't do the kubrow one as I don't have any where close to the credits required to support kubrows.   I have planets unlocked up to and including Saturn and there is no reason to push higher.  My gear isn't really good enough for that higher content.  Unlocking all the nodes on Saturn, Jupiter, and Mars is good because that will give you access to running nightmare mode missions and those award special mods.

In general I need a lot of mods, especially the elemental damage ones for weapons.  I need fusion cores by the truck load and credits by the ton.  I need neurodes (from earth), neural sensors (from jupiter) and orokin cells (from saturn). You get all of this stuff by running missions over and over -- Warframe at its core is a grind / farm game. 

There are a few mission nodes that I'm running a lot.  Lua earth is a great excavation that usually has some higher level players on it to help you if set to public.  The rewards for excavation are pretty good and in particular you want Tower 1 void keys from here.

Spy missions are also really, really good for affinity to rank gear and end of mission rewards.  All of the spy's from Saturn down are low level missions as far as the reward pool goes so it doesn't really matter picking one over another.  The only exception to that is Aegaeon Saturn which is a mid level mission.  This changes the reward pool in a few ways from the other spy missions.

The next thing big thing I need to acquire is a couple of formas.  I need them soon-ish to give to my syndicates to rank those up to level 3.  That means playing in the void a bunch because that is where you get forma bp's and prime parts.  So back to Lua for my own keys and also the recruiting tab to join up with others for missions I can't solo.

Reading the wiki is almost mandatory for this game, and of course if you have any questions you can PM me or just post on the forums again.

2 hours ago, Tomppak said:

If you have Eris, you must have Uranus - Because Eris is opened by beating the boss of Uranus.

1 hour ago, Tomppak said:

Pic or it didn't happen - and if it did happen - then congrats, you've found a bug! Contact support about it (because they'll be the only ones capable of helping if you have somehow lost an entire planet from the starchart >.>)

All this means is someone taxi'd him to the Uranus boss and that gave him the Eris nav segment.  The game should not award a nav segment to a player that didn't legitimately get to the boss node but it does. 

(Note I like the option to taxi to boss nodes, just not the awarding of nav segments when it is done)

12 hours ago, (PS4)zhris_71 said:

Get more warframes and weapons, they help in getting more experiences for your MR.

6 hours ago, Tomppak said:

I don't need to pic it. Not exactly going to pretend I haven't got a planet. Firstly all of Sedna is complete, I have Eris unlocked (was there before Alad V Quest) and finally Uranus only showed up for Clem's Grakatas.

And of course, I forgot I had beaten Tyl Regor. Why? Because I was taken there when very new to the game. Therefore I never intentionally skipped forward. Infact I actually now complete ALL missions of a planet before moving on. Therefore don't assume.

Edited by (PS4)HR_Pufnstuf_1984