Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quick way to check MR on players?

Mortimaar

Question

Hello,

i hope the following does not sound like i am thinking that i am better or an 'elite' player (which i am certainly aren't, far away from that). But in my time in Warframe i encountered many obstacles in offering, via the recruit channel, rare void t3 and t4 keys to help other players to get parts which they can't get alone because the enemies would be very difficult for them. I don't ask for a keyshare, i just use my keys. The problem i ran into is when i offer them i get alot of messages for an invite, but most of them are from low MR players. And here is the part which i hope you don't think less of me: i think low MR player aren't ready yet to do their part in those missions. Please hear me out. What i always say to low MR players is: first, unlock every node in the every planet, play the missions, get to know the game. Get resources through that to build non-prime weapons. You also get to know the movement system (which is very important) and the diiferent enemy types and what the can do. Get the normal frames from the boss fights and get to know their abilities.

But the problem is that many players i encounter don't do that, they just want to get the 'best' and 'rare' weapons right at the start, so they want to get into the high level void, but fail at most stages in them (die constantly, don't find the caches, aren't able to kill the enemies etc.). I often end up doing 60-70% of the damage (or protect the defense pod, find all the sabotage caches etc.). Because they don't know yet how to do that. And if i try to tell them the best approach before a mission i always get the response: i am fine, i can do that, i know what i do .... and then don't.

That is frustrating. I want to help (but also want my get fair share) but if people refuse to receive help ...

so TL;DR

I want to know a quicker way to check if a player has a certain MR so i can take them on those mission and expect that they can do their part and get the loot they need. Unfortunately you can see on their MR how good they know the game.

Like i said, i am not the bad guy and i don't think low of other player. but i want to enjoy the game like every other player, but i can't if i must do all the work.

Thank you for reading!

in my experience you really can't go by mastery rank. all mastery rank shows is that you got yourself a lot of toys to play with and leveled up. i've been in some groups that had some low mastery rank players who turned out to be some of the best players i've ever seen, but they were low level rank just because they didn't care about having everything in the game. and then i've been in some groups with high level players who couldn't survive for more than a couple minutes because they never took the time to learn how to play the game...just buy this, get that...look at me!!! i'm level 21!!! and only been playing for 2 weeks!!!!

It's either click to check or don't bother if it's too much trouble.

Also looking at a players mastery doesn't tell you much of anything, as I've met a fair number of players that believe they belong to an upper echelon of players because of Draco.

1 minute ago, Mortimaar said:

Ehm, just so you know: i was there when the berlin wall fall, so ....

Just do what I do then, if their name has several x's, numbers, or references to drugs, sex, or anime in them, ignore them and look up the MR on other people. 

Frankly, we don't need to make it easier for MR elitists to be, elitist. 

6 minutes ago, Mortimaar said:

Yes, i know that, but to check 10 players or more with that is inconvenient. I thought of an option in the menu to instantly show the MR if you hover over their name or that it shows right away in the chat.

Oh, okay.  I don't know of any other way to do this, but you can request that players be at least a certain MR to join or something.

Example: HT4D, MR 5+ please

Good luck :).

2 minutes ago, Magicfingers said:

in my experience you really can't go by mastery rank. all mastery rank shows is that you got yourself a lot of toys to play with and leveled up. i've been in some groups that had some low mastery rank players who turned out to be some of the best players i've ever seen, but they were low level rank just because they didn't care about having everything in the game. and then i've been in some groups with high level players who couldn't survive for more than a couple minutes because they never took the time to learn how to play the game...just buy this, get that...look at me!!! i'm level 21!!! and only been playing for 2 weeks!!!!

Yes, i don't say that all of them aren't good, but in my time i figured that if i choose the high MR players the missions are running more smoothly more often. And i also know the types of high MR players which don't have a clue abouth the game, but i encounter those rarely. And that also implies what i say: get to know the game.

4 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

Just do what I do then, if their name has several x's, numbers, or references to drugs, sex, or anime in them, ignore them and look up the MR on other people. 

Frankly, we don't need to make it easier for MR elitists to be, elitist. 

Thank you for that. You can go by that, but that is also biased like my approach. But now that i read that i get what you mean. I never understood why people put that many X's in front or after their name.

5 minutes ago, PikeOrShield said:

Oh, okay.  I don't know of any other way to do this, but you can request that players be at least a certain MR to join or something.

Example: HT4D, MR 5+ please

Good luck :).

That is what i have done sometimes, with MR 10+ or higher, but even if i wrote MR 10+ i get at least 1 response which is saying: "elite snob" or something like that. I want to help, but i don't want to anger the people either.

6 minutes ago, Mortimaar said:

Yes, i don't say that all of them aren't good, but in my time i figured that if i choose the high MR players the missions are running more smoothly more often. And i also know the types of high MR players which don't have a clue abouth the game, but i encounter those rarely. And that also implies what i say: get to know the game.

Thank you for that. You can go by that, but that is also biased like my approach. But now that i read that i get what you mean. I never understood why people put that many X's in front or after their name.

Idunno man. TBH, I don't really ever worry about MR, frankly. If I'm worried about premaking I ask for specific frames or experience, otherwise, honestly, I just go into every mission expecting to carry people, and when I'm pleasantly surprised by competence, add them to my friends list, so I can call on them in the future instead of pugging. And honest appraisal of a stranger usually involves looking at their gear list, and most used gear, which is far more in depth. 

Sure, having mouseover MR might make it easier, but it could honestly make it worse for everyone, I've seen some weird elitism out there for no good reason. 

27 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

Two clicks is too much?

*sigh*

Millennials...

If you're trying to screen more than 5 people at once, two clicks and a loading screen is a hassle for something that should be easily displayed for convenience.

You could also bug out and have the profile screen eternally load on you for whatever reason, requiring you to relog.

Well there is actually a very good reason why new players go for the "best" and "rare" items first before completing the solar map. 

What many of us don't realise so much is the pain of having good gear and the platinum for slots for that. When a new player starts he only has limited options for gear. If he gets the wrong gear it will cost him slots, of which he doesn't have a lot. 

Thus the pressure is on them to either get the best weapons they can as they cannot afford to get mediocre weapons. Even if they cannot get a set, getting prime parts they can sell helps to the cause as well. 

Yeah, I know it's  a bit of a drag, but either check their profiles before you inv or just manage ;)

6 minutes ago, InglriousB said:

Well there is actually a very good reason why new players go for the "best" and "rare" items first before completing the solar map. 

What many of us don't realise so much is the pain of having good gear and the platinum for slots for that. When a new player starts he only has limited options for gear. If he gets the wrong gear it will cost him slots, of which he doesn't have a lot. 

Thus the pressure is on them to either get the best weapons they can as they cannot afford to get mediocre weapons. Even if they cannot get a set, getting prime parts they can sell helps to the cause as well. 

Yeah, I know it's  a bit of a drag, but either check their profiles before you inv or just manage ;)

That is why you can delete weapons after you leveled them and get to know them. You can compare and can keep the best ones and keep going. You can go into the void with non-prime weapons which are easy to obtain. And then you can get the prime weapon you want. But what i am implying is: play the non void stuff first (and the t1 and t4) void keys, then reach for the high stuff. Learning by doing, but if you aren't able to then don't expect to be pulled through, but that is what i see most of the time: i carry them through the difficulties.

15 minutes ago, Alma_Elma said:

If you're trying to screen more than 5 people at once, two clicks and a loading screen is a hassle for something that should be easily displayed for convenience.

You could also bug out and have the profile screen eternally load on you for whatever reason, requiring you to relog.

Exactly. If you want to do a quick mission is that time consuming.

2 minutes ago, Naftal said:

But you do realize how stupid you look when you start accusing a demographic based on one person who never even hinted in being part of that?

Eh. It's mostly sarcasm. I only really complain about millenials when they complain their parents took their smartphones away from them. 

Edited by Gelkor

Yeach, sure... It will work wonders. But just so you know. Im a vet player and: I dont have every node unlocked, I dont have every frame or weapon. I go only for the best gear. So will you call me a noob for that? I dont fit into your defenition of veteran yet I know how every other frame works, even if I never played them, I know how to move, I do T4 solo. And Im MR14, coz Im too lazy to play every trash weapon or to max every frame coz I dont like how they play. You are just further excluding people like me from recruit chat, coz you want players with high MR. You dont see that this doesnt always correspond with skill and knowledgeabout the game. The reason I play T4 solo is that delusion. Think about it next time you see "H T1S MR15+" in that chat.

I will also remind you that before MR req in that chat, it was conclave points req. And that also didnt corresponded with loadout power or player skill.

Edited by Xardis

54 minutes ago, Magicfingers said:

to be very honest i've never gone with a MR 20 squad that wasn't good, but i get issues everyday  the lower it goes, i don't know where this propaganda that mastery doesn't mean a thing? which is normally said by the inexperienced players, experienced players have a large amount of gear and mods in the game, spend less time levelling, and more upgrading and if you have any issue with them, i just tell them bring this and that, place this mod and that's all it! i don't have to deal with ah..i dont have CP, my Primed continuity isnt maxed, ah.. i don't have Trin, i don't have this augment..., where can i get that.. ((that's why players will prefer high ranked players, not because they are obviouslly the best)), but they are a more all rounded, and it's easier playing with them.

I'd like to point out is that the low level MRs, therefore players playing the game for a shorter time, are the ones that need the rare keys and may have problems with getting the parts they want. If you offer the help only to the higher MRs then you offer the help to those who don't really need it :)

25 minutes ago, Lijka said:

I'd like to point out is that the low level MRs, therefore players playing the game for a shorter time, are the ones that need the rare keys and may have problems with getting the parts they want. If you offer the help only to the higher MRs then you offer the help to those who don't really need it :)

Isn't very fun to always pug (mainly in survival) where you start the game and within 30 seconds 1-2 of your teammates go and afk for 15 minutes. So can I understand why he'd want people who pull their own weight? Yes. But this situation happens with ANY MR but the chances are higher for lower MRs

Edited by rawr1254

1 hour ago, Mortimaar said:

So TL;DR

I want to know a quicker way to check if a player has a certain MR so i can take them on those mission and expect that they can do their part and get the loot they need. Unfortunately you can see on their MR how good they know the game

My solution: "H> T4 Sabotage, must have fully modded weapons and unlocked all nodes. Safety and Efficiency reasons."

Then if someone asks why you must give such a requirement, simply state what you typed in this post. That some players need more experience, and a single prime part farming must take several runs, so a teammate who can't contribute or only die in-mission several times, hindering the progress of the farming even further.