Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks For Watching Prime Time #124!

[DE]Megan

Thanks for tuning in, and special thanks to Glen for joining me!

Platinum Winners

Spoiler

little_brown_hero
tru4life1
shiftyenigma

Fan Art Recap

Megan's Fan Art Favourite

Spoiler

Megan: red-pio's You Are Just a Metal Puppet
AlkaGS7.jpg

Fan Concept of the Week

BABYBBUNNYisaac: Sirenia [The Siren Warframe]
N5t97Ft.png

No Devstream tomorrow, see you next week!!

As per request on 18:00, I am gonna go all out Dork mode here...cuz I feel the fire too Megan!!! Lol!  This is TL;DR.  So continue reading IF you are interested in 'unconventional' builds/playstyle.

Playing since U9, I've played with all the frames.  However, I'm an unconventionally-immersive player that grew weary of 'meta' builds and doesn't like shuffling through several frames and weapons to complete missions--and would rather prefer playing an all purpose frame. So in this case, I wanted to 'make' a frame that can hold its own in ANY situation/mission. AND That is where the fun was for me! To create/construct/alter and push (in this case a Warframe) to do MORE or BETTER than what it's conventionally known to do (a conceptual attitude/perspective I share in RL). 

Here are 3 Standards I considered during my selection:

1) Regal-Look/Aesthetics - Needs to look like a leader/boss
2) Versatile Playstyle - I want to be able to do everything (without having to 'press one button to win'). To be able to Tank, DPS, Support, and Heal on the go. 
3) Underrated/Underestimated - I DON'T want an extremely, powerful-popular frame/avatar that 'everyone uses.' But rather a modest one.

The Result:
Volt Prime/Volt (usage 27%/31% respectively).  He was my first selection and has been my 'main' warframe of choice since. 
1) Regal-Look/Aesthetics:

To see him evolve (aesthetically) from vanilla Volt to a Royal Volt Prime was one of the best-immersive experiences I've had and continue to enjoy--fashion frame ftw!!!
1hL8Qxk.png

vn0Vvsa.png

2) Versatile Playstyle:

I've built 2 Volt Primes. A Solo-Variant and a Co-op Variant (variant = A,B,C Configuration/Load-outs)
Of the 3 configurations/load-outs, both Volt Primes have 1 configuration for "All-Purpose" Missions (solo and co-op).

This is my Solo-Variant: All Purpose Build
jtnYtyB.jpg

Equipping ALL 3 of Volt's Augment Mods, Volt becomes an extraordinary Utility/Support frame.  
- Capacitance: I am able to create Overshields (and share w/ party) at will--in addition to the mass AoE Stun
- Shocking Speed: Provide a stun aura + speed boost to myself (excellent for close-combat) and party.
- Shock Trooper: Provide +100% electrical damage buff to party (and specters...I bring an army especially when I go solo. See Gear below)
Now add that to his Electric Shield of up to +300% damage buff and protection from damage (including explosions/splash damage) and you have yourself an all-in-one support frame.

But the Support Frame doesn't stop there. What about self/party health and energy regen?  Enter the Gear Wheel:
I have a total of 500+ of EACH Large Team Restore which I bring during co-op play. In addition, I occasionally carry an arsenal of specters especially if I am doing solo defense/protect missions...excellent damage sponges and agro/distractions.
nbzWMAM.jpg?1

Now, asides from utilizing the Gear Wheel, how about improving his 'Tanking' Capabilities?:
He is not by any means a Tank by default. So along with my mobile playstyle, I had to figure a way to make him more "tanky" or take hits like a champ.  And found a solution that worked well for my mobile playstyle:
- Equipped Arcane Grace (max) to Arrester Helmet
- Equipped Medi-Ray to Carrier Sentinel
- The All-Purpose Build (above) Utilizes Vitality and Quick Thinking Only as I can create +1200 Overshields easy w/ Capacitance; however on my Solo-Tanking Variant Configuration, I use Redirection + Reflex Guard as well (to replace shock trooper + stretch).

Together with his Crowd-Control and shields, I've been able to go close combat, minimalize/avoid damage, and take hits against mobs of level 135+ (that would've easily 'one-shotted' a 'typical' meta-build volt). 

Ok, so I got Support, Healing/Energy Regen, and Tanking Down....now what about DPS?!
I never relied on Volt's powers to Kill. Not even after his rework. I mainly use it for Support/CC purposes.  So I focused on the Weapons. Weapons I love playing that is viable toward high-content game play.  Because of Volt's +300% dmg Shield (x6) bonus + Arcane Avenger (max), damage scaling was never an issue for me (nor to my party) and has allowed me to play with 'unconventional weapon builds (To show you their load-outs would be extremely long...so I wont).  But here is a list of my Main High Content Arsenal I take with me that fits my playstyle's fluidity: (bold are my favorites) 
- Amprex, Braton Prime, Soma Prime, Sancti Tigris, Vaykor Hek, Synoid Simulor 
- Staticor, Sonicor, Spira Prime, Hikou Prime, Akstilleto Prime, Atomos
- Orthos Prime, Kogake, Nikana Prime, War/Broken War

3) Under-rated.
Volt was once (and kinda still) an underrated frame who is now growing in popularity since his rework. His rework has finally allowed Volt to have a Raid-build/viability. 
Overall, I'm real happy playing as Volt and taking him to EVERY high-level mission types and completing them without having a second notion of bringing in another frame to complete the mission. Also, I would love to meet other volt players (can't seem to find much around lately) and discuss builds, play-styles, etc.

Alright, I think I've dorked-out for too long now. Thanks for reading!

Edited by -Edrick-
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, -Edrick- said:

Volt Prime

Volt was always one of my favorites, and lately my situation has been if I'm not ranking another frame after forma or have a hankering to play a particular frame, I'm playing Volt Prime. He can handle any mission type, is adequately mentally stimulating, and every power is good. 

My starter was Excalibur, but I didn't have much fun with him, left the game. Eventually I came back and played the new tutorial. During that I picked Volt. After the tutorial I was sad I still only had Excalibur so I bought a Volt. I play a bit of every frame, except for Wukong, but Volt Prime is special to me. 

I used to like Valkyr who I liked as a fast melee tank, a playstyle I like, all my favorite toons in SWTOR are tanks, but suddenly she got too easy and meta. I had learned the usefulness of her other abilities, but they aren't on par with other frames, and because of Hysteria people expect you to be immortal and/or a complete noob, but Venomous Eximus ambush says hi. 

Still, can't wait for Valkyr Prime. The salt from players with incorrect assumptions will be glorious. 

On 6/30/2016 at 8:18 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Thanks for tuning in, and special thanks to Glen for joining me!

Platinum Winners

Reveal hidden contents

little_brown_hero
tru4life1
shiftyenigma

Fan Art Recap

Megan's Fan Art Favourite

Reveal hidden contents

Megan: red-pio's You Are Just a Metal Puppet
AlkaGS7.jpg

Fan Concept of the Week

BABYBBUNNYisaac: Sirenia [The Siren Warframe]
N5t97Ft.png

No Devstream tomorrow, see you next week!!

This frame needs to be added to the game.