Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

AkMagnus discussion

Apokita

Question

Why I don't see more people builing and using this pistols? I'm right now at MR11 and I still can't find a weapon who can outdamages severly this akimbos. I have the MVaykor but its recoil makes me lose my nerves. Do they need a buff or something? is there any pistol I can actually feel the difference on damage?
My build is
hornet strike
barrel diffusion
lethal torrent
stunning speed
cold status mod
toxic status mod (viral)
pistol gambit prime
target cracker (will level up my primed, but need cores)

and it has 13.33 firerate, 16 bullets, 90% status, 3.2x crit (this will go up soon) 11 acc, 63%crit (need 2 more points on my pistol gambit yet) and 2.1 reload speed
158 impact, and 100 both slash and puncture, with 458 viral.
it has really decent status, would you change something? I tried changing my stunning speed but the reload is so bad it cringes me. I actually love to put reload mods on most of my weapons, since it really amps up their usage I feel

8 answers to this question

You obviously have never experienced the glory of a crit-based Synoid Gammacor (with ammo mut of course; 20k+ crits 4ever), or Twin Grakata. Brrrt for days. 

Akmagnus are certainly great, but the long reload, combined with high recoil makes it mediocre for me. And of course, no pistol can compare to the sheer versatility and power of a Lex P. 

Yup, Akmagnus is surprisingly good, not least for a MR0 weapon.

Some alternatives I've found fun:

Crit-built Akstiletto Prime, I really liked the regular Akstiletto already but this upgraded one is just ... damn.
Suppress'd Kulstar, my stealth gun of choice :D
Staticor, it's a variable (speed vs power / AoE) rocket launcher-y weapon with no self damage / ammo problems, woot.
Atomos, chaining monster of doom and burnination.
Lex Prime, one-shot machine extraordinaire.
Sonicor is more or less a ranged Jat Kittag. Do I need to say more?

I'm just waiting for some slightly fancier gold plated ones, the combination of the sound and that they look kinda like PVC pipe is a turn off for me.

Luckily I'm already used to prime weapons sounding weird.

Edited by rapt0rman

1 hour ago, Apokita said:

it has really decent status, would you change something? I tried changing my stunning speed but the reload is so bad it cringes me. I actually love to put reload mods on most of my weapons, since it really amps up their usage I feel

Matter of taste really. I would suggest trying Primed Heated Charge or Hydraulic Crosshairs in place of Stunning Speed as those can drastically increase your damage, but you might still find the reload speed is worth more to you. I personally don't find the reload speed on the AkMagnus that bad, so I prefer the higher damage.

On 5/7/2016 at 3:22 PM, NinjaZeku said:

Yup, Akmagnus is surprisingly good, not least for a MR0 weapon.

Some alternatives I've found fun:

Crit-built Akstiletto Prime, I really liked the regular Akstiletto already but this upgraded one is just ... damn.
Suppress'd Kulstar, my stealth gun of choice :D
Staticor, it's a variable (speed vs power / AoE) rocket launcher-y weapon with no self damage / ammo problems, woot.
Atomos, chaining monster of doom and burnination.
Lex Prime, one-shot machine extraordinaire.
Sonicor is more or less a ranged Jat Kittag. Do I need to say more?

Yes I'm trying to farm my Akstiletto prime. I got the link so far.
I also have an atomos with 3 forma. I love it for chaining infested death.
I have Lex prime but the fire rate... I Already have my Dex Sybaris for 1shot of death, I kinda want a spreader for secondary weapon.
I have never tried Sonicor kulstar or staticor, I need to build them