Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ability to opt in

(XBOX)ThatsFine9

Some warframes have powers that are automatically granted to squad mates, some are desirable, others are not. Volts speed ability is one that some people may not want to receive. Then there's limbo....the troller's fantasy. If we are given volts speed, or banished, we are forced to roll or backflip, thus interrupting OUR game flow for something we did not want in the first place. Please give us the ability to opt in to these powers by prompting us with a button combination (I.e. press LB + RB to accept speed/banish). Yes, technically that would disrupt our flow also, but minorly AND we would choose receive the benefits of the ability, not have them forced on us.

On the bonus side, it would allow us to roll and backflip while banished or speed is up.

Edited by (XB1)ThatsFine9
Added second paragraph

9 minutes ago, Roboplus said:

You can disrupt the minority, people that don't want the buff.

Or you can disrupt the majority, people that do.

You know how this ends.

I'm not so sure that's true, and unless they make some changes to the rift mechanic and/or limbo's powers, troll banishers will forever plague this game. Give players the ability to choose to opt in, trolling ability gone.

So it's true, there ARE people who don't want volt's buff.

No idea why though...

Personally I don't want a text on my screen saying "do X to get out of the rift"

(And I would love if "backflip" would be the way to get out of the rift and not rolling)

And anyway, WHO really use backflip ??

Edited by Trichouette

20 minutes ago, (XB1)ThatsFine9 said:

Actually, it was made as a pick up that players had to find, not a prompt that appears on their screen.

"Playing with my Rhino in a T4, an Eximus Bombard appears, I aim my Latron Prime carefully, looking for the perfect headshot then...

Do you want to recieve Volt Speed? I try to do the button combination while the Bombard is spraying me with rockets, then I'm dead"

No thanks. I don't want to be interrupted with an message asking if I want a buff and I don't want to do a button combination in the middle of a T4 or Raid while I'm trying to stay alive. Roll or backflip is better.

Edited by -SDM-NerevarCM

3 hours ago, (XB1)ThatsFine9 said:

Some warframes have powers that are automatically granted to squad mates, some are desirable, others are not. Volts speed ability is one that some people may not want to receive. Then there's limbo....the troller's fantasy. If we are given volts speed, or banished, we are forced to roll or backflip, thus interrupting OUR game flow for something we did not want in the first place. Please give us the ability to opt in to these powers by prompting us with a button combination (I.e. press LB + RB to accept speed/banish). Yes, technically that would disrupt our flow also, but minorly AND we would choose receive the benefits of the ability, not have them forced on us.

On the bonus side, it would allow us to roll and backflip while banished or speed is up.

As others said, imagine if you were to get prompted 200 times if you want to receive a certain buff during an endless mission.

Just now, taiiat said:

i use all Parkour actions in Gameplay.

because Mobility is a key part of the game.

"backflip" doesn't grant you any mobility, it's the opposite.

It even looks like you're slower while doing it, plus you can't shoot nor reload or use an ability.

1 minute ago, Trichouette said:

"backflip" doesn't grant you any mobility, it's the opposite.

it still has use. all possible actions are useful pending your location vs where you want to go vs Enemy positions and actions.
nobody around these parts seems to comprehend that though.

Just now, taiiat said:

it still has use. all possible actions are useful pending your location vs where you want to go vs Enemy positions and actions.

Well excuse me but, with the poor use of this move, the only time I use it is when I want to make fun of how ridiculous it looks when you perform it in air while gliding (that's ridiculous and breaks the logic so hard :D )

31 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Well excuse me but, with the poor use of this move, the only time I use it is when I want to make fun of how ridiculous it looks when you perform it in air while gliding (that's ridiculous and breaks the logic so hard :D )

I can't say I've even found a use for that when aim glide already looks like you've just did a flying jump just to try land in a cool pose on the couch which always amuses me. 

However the button combination is really rather hard to do properly when you're in the middle of fighting, which does lead to "Wow really limbo, you chose NOW to banish me.. dafox man?" or "The cryopod has been destroyed. Your mission is a failure" 

22 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

I can't say I've even found a use for that when aim glide already looks like you've just did a flying jump just to try land in a cool pose on the couch which always amuses me. 

However the button combination is really rather hard to do properly when you're in the middle of fighting, which does lead to "Wow really limbo, you chose NOW to banish me.. dafox man?" or "The cryopod has been destroyed. Your mission is a failure" 

If your cryopod get destroyed while you have a limbo in your team, doing a backflip is the least of your concern... I mean, really, limbo is like the god of defending a single point (thanks to cataclysm)

Anyway, I don't see anything hard in doing "right click > S > press shift once"

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

Can you blame them? when they fight the dumbo NPCs the only thing they have to do is ADS and walk. That's their benchmark, anything else is "too much". Bare minimum is what drives warframe's PVE.

Backflip is useful to high power strength jetstream Zephyr for controlling momentum while floating.  It's an energy free way to quickly slow your forward speed or reverse directions.  Other than that, well I dont know but it looks cool.

Edited by Clowee