Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Braton Prime

(XBOX)CyBirdNetic

Question

So I've recently fallen in love with the Braton Prime.

My current loadout uses the four Status+Damage elemental mods and Split Chamber to give me 88+% status chance (Corrosive+Blast / Magnetic+Gas / Viral+Radiation combinations)

My question: What can I do to make this thing absolutely SHINE?

I want this to be my go-to weapon, so any feedback would be appreciated.

22 answers to this question

Since it's primarily a status hose, there isn't much else besides what you've done. Just an IMO, you could do worse than adding Shred to indirectly bolster proc chances. I've found its ammo stock to warrant an ammo mutation at around lvl65 enemies. Despite viral and slash procs melting mobs down, it runs dry sooner than I'd like without a muttie mod.

4 minutes ago, DiosGX said:

Since it's primarily a status hose, there isn't much else besides what you've done. Just an IMO, you could do worse than adding Shred to indirectly bolster proc chances. I've found its ammo stock to warrant an ammo mutation at around lvl65 enemies. Despite viral and slash procs melting mobs down, it runs dry sooner than I'd like without a muttie mod.

I did notice during a DS Excavation, I was running short on ammo after the 10th extractor completed its run. Rifle Ammo Mutation is definitely a must! Thank you! Should I consider Status Duration as well?

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Bird Sarcoma said:

Should I consider Status Duration as well?

I personally would not, it's a waste of a slot. It is so easy to proc stat that you can just refresh the status effect rather than dedicate a mod to duration.

4 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

I personally would not, it's a waste of a slot. It is so easy to proc stat that you can just refresh the status effect rather than dedicate a mod to duration.

Okay, because I was worried that status procs didn't refresh. That's some good info!

You should definitly put in the basic crit mods, point strike and vital sense. If that means you have to lose 1 of the elemental combos that's fine imo (depending on your enemies). I really don't like blast damage for example. Blast CC can be nice, but you lose a lot of damage from headshots and other status procs also provide a bit of CC. I also like to rely more on warframe powers for CC than procs.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Bird Sarcoma said:

I did notice during a DS Excavation, I was running short on ammo after the 10th extractor completed its run. Rifle Ammo Mutation is definitely a must! Thank you! Should I consider Status Duration as well?

It does actually have lower ammo than normal weapons of the same type which I personally find odd. Its a good weapon but I dont see why it needs a total lower ammo count.

Edited by Kaokasalis

1 hour ago, (XB1)Bird Sarcoma said:

I did notice during a DS Excavation, I was running short on ammo after the 10th extractor completed its run. Rifle Ammo Mutation is definitely a must!

As long as you have a good secondary to fall back on you should be fine without ammo mutation.

I run Serration, Heavy Calibur, Shred, Split Chamber, and at least two Dual-Stat mods. The final two slots depend on where I'm going, sometime two pure elemental mods, sometimes one and Ammo Mutation or Primed Fast Hands since the reload length also bugs me.

33 minutes ago, gluih said:

As long as you have a good secondary to fall back on you should be fine without ammo mutation.

I love status procs, so my secondary tends to be the Vaykor Marelok running a different status combo than my primary (if Braton Prime is running Viral+Radiation, then Vaykor Marelok is going Corrosive+Blast).

32 minutes ago, WrathAscending said:

I run Serration, Heavy Calibur, Shred, Split Chamber, and at least two Dual-Stat mods. The final two slots depend on where I'm going, sometime two pure elemental mods, sometimes one and Ammo Mutation or Primed Fast Hands since the reload length also bugs me.

Have you tried running all 4 status+damage mods? So satisfying :D

33 minutes ago, gluih said:

I love status procs, so my secondary tends to be the Vaykor Marelok running a different status combo than my primary (if Braton Prime is running Viral+Radiation, then Vaykor Marelok is going Corrosive+Blast).

32 minutes ago, WrathAscending said:

57 minutes ago, (XB1)Bird Sarcoma said:

Vaykor marelok works very well if you have the braton as your primary. I usually have corrosive on my primary and radiation on my secondary. Only against high level corpus this doesn't work very well. Radiation on secondaries makes great use of primed heated charge.
As I mentioned I don't like blast damage. I rather go corrosive + heat. Enemies don't get knocked down, so you get more headshots for more damage and you still get some CC with the fire procs.

Btw it might be worth tryng out fanged fusillade, if you have it. I really like high status + slash damage. Combine it with corrosive damage to get rid of the armor and the slash procs are also going to deal a lot of damage.

Edited by gluih

23 minutes ago, gluih said:

Vaykor marelok works very well if you have the braton as your primary. I usually have corrosive on my primary and radiation on my secondary. Only against high level corpus this doesn't work very well. Radiation on secondaries makes great use of primed heated charge.
As I mentioned I don't like blast damage. I rather go corrosive + heat. Enemies don't get knocked down, so you get more headshots for more damage and you still get some CC with the fire procs.

Btw it might be worth tryng out fanged fusillade, if you have it. I really like high status + slash damage. Combine it with corrosive damage to get rid of the armor and the slash procs are also going to deal a lot of damage.

Note to self: Acquire Fanged Fusillade.

Thanks so much for this info! I'll definitely give a lot of these ideas a shot!

Plan on around 4-6 forma.

My own BratonP is quite old. It wasn't my first prime weapon, but wasn't far off either. The forma strategy it has was mostly in place before the buffs, so it is heavily biased to raw damage and not status. However, it typically has around 50-60% status which is enough, especially when combined with RoF mods.

In this case, I run the usual base damage mods along with HC. I run Shred and often VA. I usually run one elemental combo (2x90% mods) and one elemental/status mod. Against grineer I often run dual elemental combos (rad/viral) with 2x90% mods and 2x60% mods. I've been tempted to put the primed bane mods in place, but that would require another forma (the gun has six) and just haven't gotten around to maxing the mods themselves.

The gun typically runs at around 22k dps. Since it is a raw damage build, it benefits the most from RoF mods, but that requires some considerable trigger discipline especially with its smallish basic load of ammo. I don't run ammo mutations on it. Because of the limitations on ammo drops in the game, this tends to cap it at enemy levels around 80ish. It starts to run constantly dry at this point.

It's still one of my favorite and most used guns. It has superb handling and is exceptionally easy to use well. The only downside is the ammo consumption, but all autotrigger guns tend to suffer from this at some point. Fixed ammo drop amounts just work against these weapons at high enemy levels, since they rely heavily on RoF mods for dps.

Edit: I see some people pushing crit mods on this gun. This is a net dps loss compared to about anything else you could do. The gun simply doesn't have enough base crit to make a go at this, even with the acolyte mods. If it had around 15% base crit, this might not be the case, but it does and it is. A crit build is a sub-16k dps build in the best of conditions. It's a bad idea.

Edited by Sloan441

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Bird Sarcoma said:

Note to self: Acquire Fanged Fusillade.

Thanks so much for this info! I'll definitely give a lot of these ideas a shot!

If you don't have it just wait for baro or a tactical alert to bring them back. These mods tend to be very expensive and you might aswell go with something like shred, heavy caliber, a 90% elemental mod, ammo mutation, etc.

I use: 

serration, heavy caliber, shred, split chamber, x2 dual stat mods and x2 full elemental mods. I get 66% status which is fairly good. the shred helps a lot with the ammo economy. I don't really use ammo mutation since I don't run out of ammo often, if I did, I'd just switch to my secondary until I refill my ammo

basically, you don't really need ammo mutation on it 

7 hours ago, (XB1)Bird Sarcoma said:

My question: What can I do to make this thing absolutely SHINE?

I want this to be my go-to weapon, so any feedback would be appreciated.

Plead with DE for them to restore the gun to 540 rounds of max ammo capacity.  The nerf to ammo capacity made zero sense when they made it and even less now.  Boltor Prime has 540.  Soma Prime has 800 (done after the Braton buff-nerf).  What the F***& DE!

9 hours ago, (XB1)Bird Sarcoma said:

I have but the problem (as always) is enemy scaling. With four dual-stat mods the enemy scales beyond your ability to effectively damage much faster than they do with a pair of normal Elemental mods and a pair of dual-stat mods.

Granted this is a bigger issue in Sorties, Raids, and long Tower Survival missions than it is in typical Star Chart content but I build for the worst-case scenario.

11 hours ago, WrathAscending said:

I have but the problem (as always) is enemy scaling. With four dual-stat mods the enemy scales beyond your ability to effectively damage much faster than they do with a pair of normal Elemental mods and a pair of dual-stat mods.

Granted this is a bigger issue in Sorties, Raids, and long Tower Survival missions than it is in typical Star Chart content but I build for the worst-case scenario.

Never thought of it that way. *Ordis mode* Hmm...I may require maintenance after all.

I love the braton prime assault rifle.  It's clearly the sexist rifle IMO.  I have a few builds for this gun but my favorite is below.  I use mainly for anything under 60 min survivals, great against infested (fire+slash). 

Serration, Heavy Cal, Split Chamber

1 status mod High Voltage to keep status over 50% + Infected Clip= Corrosive

I like wildfire because it adds 60 fire + raises clip size to 90 to compensate slow reload times

Add in shred for extra ammo efficiency and fire rate increase

Fanged fusilade for extra slash damage.