The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Please Slow Down With All The New Content

Laidain

Just now, armedpoop said:

Those dont sound like bugs to me. (except the scorpion one) Sounds like flaws, not content that doesnt work.

This is discussion for another thread, dont hijack this one, go make your own.

The point the OP is trying to make is that DE continues to make content rather than fixing the content that is already there.... to give a more full experience in warframe... They are aiming for Quanitity over Quality and the Quality of the content is starting to go away. My points are very much in line with the point of the thread. Maybe you should go away because the point to the forums is to voice opinions about the game, not to Jump on every thread you disagree with like some crazed murderer. 

And to thoes who it may concern... im sitting on about 3600+ hours of warframe.... 

Just now, TheGunSlanger said:

Unless I'm mistaken about who you're talking to, armedpoop isn't insulting him.

No I wasn't saying he was insulting people but there were some in this thread that were.

OP, you do realise that bug fixes and content updates are constantly being worked on regardless of new content and that most major updates (Which include new content) typically also include updates and reworks of older content, right?

I don't know how long you've been playing WF for but you clearly haven't been paying much attention to how things seem to work. At any rate, putting new content on hold to force the entire team (yes not just the team whose job it is to address these things) to work on mostly minor bug fixes and minor updates of older systems would be an absurd practice at best.

TLDR;

There really is no pleasing everyone. "Slow down DE fix old stuff!" "DE WHERES MEH NEW CONTENT RABLERABLERABLE"

Edited by StinkyPygmy

2 minutes ago, Jangkrik said:

Correct, the quality of updates is very important for the game development. But currently we're focusing on new contents, so I'd rather that we don't think about those lesser contents right now.

Sooo....

PdWBYRk_700w_0.jpg

You're asking DE to slow down in the middle of a hype train. I think it's normal that people resort to insults because of this.

Well,I don't think it's normal...

1 minute ago, PureIcarus said:

And to thoes who it may concern... im sitting on about 3600+ hours of warframe.... 

Huh, I'm on 1326 hours since I reset my account, 1100+ hours after I moved to the steam client around update 7 and I have literally NOTHING to do. Quality, psh, quality can come later. TO THE BETA TESTING AND NEW THINGS.

2 minutes ago, PureIcarus said:

The point the OP is trying to make is that DE continues to make content rather than fixing the content that is already there.... to give a more full experience in warframe... They are aiming for Quanitity over Quality and the Quality of the content is starting to go away. My points are very much in line with the point of the thread. Maybe you should go away because the point to the forums is to voice opinions about the game, not to Jump on every thread you disagree with like some crazed murderer. 

And yet almost 33% of this Major update is aimed towards fixing old problems.

1 minute ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

And yet almost 33% of this Major update is aimed towards fixing old problems.

I need a source other than your arse for that statistic. I'm on your side, but still. I need to see it. lol

3 minutes ago, Jangkrik said:

Correct, the quality of updates is very important for the game development. But currently we're focusing on new contents, so I'd rather that we don't think about those lesser contents right now.

Sooo....

PdWBYRk_700w_0.jpg

You're asking DE to slow down in the middle of a hype train. I think it's normal that people resort to insults because of this.

Im not saying they should,im saying just in general. not now right now,but just take ur time DE,no need to rush.

2 minutes ago, Sirabot said:

Huh, I'm on 1326 hours since I reset my account, 1100+ hours after I moved to the steam client around update 7 and I have literally NOTHING to do. Quality, psh, quality can come later. TO THE BETA TESTING AND NEW THINGS.

Yea, im on 3600+ hours and im bored.... Bored because all the content they add is repetitive reskins. Kavats are reskined Kuborows, the enemies dont get smarter, the scaling is entirely stat based.... id rather them fix the problems with scaling, fix the problems with AI, fix the problems with the game modes, before they add MORE repetitive content.

Just now, Sirabot said:

I need a source other than your arse for that statistic. I'm on your side, but still. I need to see it. lol

Archwing, Prime harvest mechanics, Void, Map navigation. Those are all the major things of the second update. True the % is more for effect but essentially this section is all aimed at old mechanics.

the cringe in this thread

I do agree with the OP that all these long forgotten features need addressing

that said DE can't just slow down, game dies without regular content for w/e reason, personally I chock that up to how repetitive the game is and awkward design choices in general making more work for DE in the long run, but I'm not a game dev so there you go

I'd rather DE come up with a long term plan to pull the game in w/e direction they want it to go in, if they haven't already, rather than some of the knee jerk reactions we've seen in the past multiple times

Edited by FoxyKabam

Yea complain about stuff being released too fast then 1 month from now if nothing comes out you'll be storming the forums like when's the next update.

Just go play some game that gets updated once a year and doesnt give a crap about your feedback about their game.

Edited by rawr1254

3 minutes ago, Pratigious said:

Ohhh,just checked urban dictionary,thats what salty means.Just like this thread.

Making a thread of quality over quantity on the month of a major update feels like you want to deny the release of U19.

3 minutes ago, PureIcarus said:

Yea, im on 3600+ hours and im bored.... Bored because all the content they add is repetitive reskins. Kavats are reskined Kuborows, the enemies dont get smarter, the scaling is entirely stat based.... id rather them fix the problems with scaling, fix the problems with AI, fix the problems with the game modes, before they add MORE repetitive content.

And yet you still play because all that contents keeps you playing despite the problems. So yeah you prove it yourself that in the end quantity > quality.

2 minutes ago, Rekkou said:

And yet you still play because all that contents keeps you playing despite the problems. So yeah you prove it yourself that in the end quantity > quality.

Actually, iv quit until U19... and if U19 fails to impress, its over. And even by some chance that DE manages to keep my interest just slightly, im still going to continue to push fixes... You cannot stand by and tell me that Warframe is perfect... its not possible, it has too many issues that go as deep as the core of the game... Until they are fixed, i will be very disappointed in their development process. 

I agree with the sentiment. Quality over quantity. And I've said multiple times that I think Warframe has a rather incomplete core game that is causing all the other moving pieces to lag, and that's in the area of mission design and lore, among other things. And yeah, many things like new weapons and Warframes probably should be put on the backburner until the core game can be perfected. That being said, updates like the one we are all waiting for now are precisely the sort of new content that DE really needs to push out. More than that, it's the sort of core content (particularly the Star Chart rework) that should have been a critical part of WF's foundation.