Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The true endgame is fashion. Wanna help a tenno out?

LordTacoSauce

Question

Oh wise tenno. 

Help me look fly as hell? 

Im not blind to fashion, but I always end up looking slightly gaudy. I cant find a pallet that fits proper.

I have the following color sets : 

Easter , Gamma , Halloween , Ice , Storm , Orokin , Fire , Valentine

So im not lacking in options

20 answers to this question

It really depends. Sometimes I try to stick to a single color scheme for my whole arsenal just to fail miserably with 4-5 of them. 

Basically, dont overcrowd, and dont overcolour. Just pick simplistic mains and not too bright accents. Fluorescent green will not help you. 

So a predominantly white, or grey or something pale. You dont want a flashy color here, you want something that will point out the rest of the colors. Then some, again, non intensive colours for the rest of the frame. Contrast is the key to looking good. You dont want a frame with White / Yellow / Silver. It may look nice on some, but there is no contrast. I saw ppl running Navy blue and a nice Silver with gray-ish main and looks nice as well. 

2 minutes ago, Elannor said:

It really depends. Sometimes I try to stick to a single color scheme for my whole arsenal just to fail miserably with 4-5 of them. 

Basically, dont overcrowd, and dont overcolour. Just pick simplistic mains and not too bright accents. Fluorescent green will not help you. 

So a predominantly white, or grey or something pale. You dont want a flashy color here, you want something that will point out the rest of the colors. Then some, again, non intensive colours for the rest of the frame. Contrast is the key to looking good. You dont want a frame with White / Yellow / Silver. It may look nice on some, but there is no contrast. I saw ppl running Navy blue and a nice Silver with gray-ish main and looks nice as well. 

" Fluorescent green will not help you

:(

My personal favourite focuses on a minimalistic, high-tec appearence. So either full white, a bit of black, and [insert energy colour here], or full black, with the energy of your choice.

Also, with SotR, we get custom holstering! I can put my Nikana on my back, hopefully!

Edited by PrVonTuckIII

I like more muted color schemes. I typically go with whites and greys, then a highlight color. Depending on the frame I may forgo the highlight entirely and rely on accessories, weapons, and energy to give a dash of color.

Most of my color schemes are grey/white/orange, grey/white/green, or grey/white/blue.

2 hours ago, TotallyLagging said:

Black and white color scheme with whatever energy color you like is guaranteed to make your frames look good.

Get the smoke color palette if you can, both pure white, pure black and every shades of gray inbetween is there.

+1 this :3

Focusing on one or two colours while letting the black/white highlight said colours tends to work nicely.

Just...don't go overboard with black. Do that, and you'd usually look like a mishmash between Stalker and a neon sign.

Edited by Beggining
Woot da woop

4 hours ago, TotallyLagging said:

Black and white color scheme with whatever energy color you like is guaranteed to make your frames look good.

Get the smoke color palette if you can, both pure white, pure black and every shades of gray inbetween is there.

If you don't have the smoke color palette, you can use Gamma as a substitute like I did. Three up from the bottom right most color is very close to pure white. On the left hand side, start from the top left corner and go down until you find dark blue. It's still blue, but it's very dark.

It's also important to note that, in many cases, pure black isn't always the best, so using this dark blue as a substitute isn't actually that bad. Coming from experience with various forms of art, using pure black isn't a good idea. You want to have a little bit of color. Dark red and dark blue are both excellent (dark blue works better for ninjas IMO), but there are of course other dark colors you can use to get a different feel across.

EDIT: This doesn't apply to large amounts of surface area. From my experience, making the primary color of a cape or something  a dark color will ruin the contrast and make it too blaring. I'd recommend picking up the Smoke palette for that, as it contains the darkest grayscale colors available.

Edited by PeggleFrank

Option 1: everything black with red energy colour

Option 2: pink. Just pink.

-------------

Honestly i find that if u want your frame to look good, choosing simple colours are the best. Choosing navy blue over sky blue, olive green over fluorescent green.

Edited by 321agemo

Really depends on frame, I tend to folow some main theme for each (like green-black-gold Loki Prime because, well... Tom Hiddlestone) although I find white&black with orange accents quite universal design.

As a side note: you can enable Legacy Color Palettes in options to increase you color choice a bit.

Edited by xGryphus

Welcome to the end game of Warframe Fashion Fram consists of hitting the random button for hours until you get something that looks kind of good then tweaking it to look even better...  oh and always blowing $60 whenever cool prime cosmetics come out ... like you should be buying Targis Prime armor right now =p it's the new current Style

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary