The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

General Forum Toxicity...

_-Malicious-Melodi-_

1 minute ago, (PS4)bonateIIo said:

nice thing you got there 1 min your get 2 upvotes, nice magic. not once not twice but 3 times just in this topic, @(*()$ wizard you are. you are not bringing anything to the conversation except toxicity.

Well I didn't bring anything either, but it pissed me off a bit. Good Luck spreading Cancer.

Huh? What do his upvotes have to do with anything? Are you accusing him of something?

He actually has a point. The OP has made several toxic comments, including suggesting he should be banned. Now you accuse him of spreading cancer and say something incomprehensible about his upvotes. Do you really think your comment is an example of reasonable, helpful, non-toxic posting?

Oh thats sad you got toxics player tenno here.

I agree warframe is not flawless but there os a way to talk about a problem.

some tenno create post that sometimes look super agressive and pretend its just to be constructive.Thays not okay with me.

If a fellow tenno point out a problem in a good way and bring a solution (or just ask if a fellow tenno got one ) thats super cool.

I see we still have some super awesome tenno on the forum ;)

lets make an example : antitoxin

i did not see any tenno use them in a long time because of the drop table and the way to get them.

my idea to solve this : make a mod that will make helios rescan plant to acquire extract and give the drop table a little love.

im sorry you had issue here i realy think that tenno should stick together instead of being toxic to one another.

ps:sorry for typo it was written with one hand on cellphone while holding a baby.

Edited by trunks013

14 minutes ago, PureIcarus said:

There is a diffrence between Development Staff and Community Managers... Community Managers dont have much impact on the development of the game. I would love to see actual developers in the forums from time to time...to let people pick their minds and give some ideas.

You can edit the activity stream to only show the posts made by people who fit your definition of "actual developers", of course, but you shouldn't forget that the actual developers have the actual job of actually developing, while the community managers are her to manage the community. It's understandable that we all crave attention but the way this should work is, normally, through the CM. It's simply a matter of people doing their jobs so this

8 minutes ago, PureIcarus said:

bring attention to the developers what toxicity is

is unnecessary. I am not convinced there is a need for the sort of connection between devs and players that you insist is necessary either. When it comes to tailoring a game according to the wishes of your playerbase, what you need is statistics. Everyone wants to be heard, everyone is convinced that they have good, valuable ideas they can contribute. It's not just you.

I would recommend watching devstreams, if you aren't already. Older ones especially. Some things the devs said can be very enlightening. I recall a fascinating story Scott I think told, of getting a PM several screens long with the (doubtlessly) brilliant and important ideas a player had for improving the game.

1 minute ago, Lord_Azrael said:

Huh? What do his upvotes have to do with anything? Are you accusing him of something?

He actually has a point. The OP has made several toxic comments, including suggesting he should be banned. Now you accuse him of spreading cancer and say something incomprehensible about his upvotes. Do you really think your comment is an example of reasonable, helpful, non-toxic posting?

I mentioned upvotes, because I noticed it. How he gets them I don't really care, was a bit weird thats all. And I didn't say anything helpful, I don't know how you though I was thinking to be helpful I don't know. Maybe my english is that bad and I don't understand what he is trying to do, but the only thing I see him doing is riling people up.

32 minutes ago, PureIcarus said:

yeaaa... basically you're proving what this post is about.... More memes... less real additions... You are toxic. 

That's rather the point. We, the Jesters stand at foot of the throne mocking the kings of the forums for their outbursts, faux-pas, and hypocrisy, often regardless of our personal opinions in order to remind them that they are only human.

same old things....i want all of you think this: Everyone like something different, i like lunaro and i don't think it's useless but someone don't like it and veemently say that it's a waste of developers time, granted; but i consider this toxicity only a different point of view by someone who love the game differently. Loving the same things, is different from person to person, u show ur love by making threads that go in every nook and cranny of the game because u love ur game and u want a better future for it, someone else praise the work done until now, some have nostalgia...people are different. Do u love ur game? accept all player opinion right of existence.

sorry for my english not my first language, i don't want to be rude.

7 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

ps:sorry for typo it was written with one hand on cellphone while holding a baby.

DON'T DROP THE BABY!

Seriously, if you drop that baby while posting on the forums it is NOT our fault. :)

5 minutes ago, (PS4)bonateIIo said:

I mentioned upvotes, because I noticed it. How he gets them I don't really care, was a bit weird thats all. And I didn't say anything helpful, I don't know how you though I was thinking to be helpful I don't know. Maybe my english is that bad and I don't understand what he is trying to do, but the only thing I see him doing is riling people up.

You missed the critical information. But do not worry, I will highlight it for you.

11 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

He actually has a point. The OP has made several toxic comments, including suggesting he should be banned. Now you accuse him of spreading cancer and say something incomprehensible about his upvotes.

Just now, Lord_Azrael said:

DON'T DROP THE BABY!

Seriously, if you drop that baby while posting on the forums it is NOT our fault. :)

nah she is sleeping on me on the couch i cannot drop her but i can only use one hand :)

5 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

I agree warframe is not flawless but there os a way to talk about a problem.

some tenno create post that sometimes look super agressive and pretend its just to be constructive.Thays not okay with me.

This is what I don't like.  The super aggressive and demanding posts that are borderline dev-bashing but try to claim they are just giving criticism to improve the game they love.  Then when you try to suggesting that their idea might not be the best you are suddenly branded a 'white knight' & 'fanboy' who thinks the game is 'flawless' and therefore your opinion doesn't count.  I've never said the game is flawless and have made my own suggestions for changes or additions but that doesn't mean I have to agree with every change suggested by everyone.  But everything always seems to be polarized, you either want change and agree with the person and you're fine or you disagree and you are suddenly the devil.

6 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

lets make an example : antitoxin

i did not see any tenno use them in a long time because of the drop table and the way to get them.

Oh yes, that needs some love!  Last time I used an antitoxin it cost me 5000 credits to make and my bonus reward was... 5000 credits...

Yay.

If the credit cost was lower and the reward a bit higher I could see it as a way for new players to increase their credits (before they get geared up enough to just run Dark Sectors etc.) but right now it can actually be a completely pointless investment.

2 hours ago, PureIcarus said:

The problem with the Warframe forums has started to show its ugly head... Forum Toxicity... yes, the same kind as League of Legends... has started to really show as of late. Players who speak their opinion about issues within the game are constantly attacked by players who think Warframe is Flawless...

This has been happening longer than you think. It just might happen more often now.

Edited by JRMC

You know why this thread is fun to watch? because each time someone comments (maybe just having fun) OP's "defense" is to reply with the full fury of their opinion. Calling that person toxic while being toxic themselves. I suppose this is toxicity as well? It's definitely not sarcastic remark aimed at the obvious, and I'm definitely not playing around because meta complaint threads are disallowed. 

What people define as toxicity is opinion based. For example in this thread you have defined what you think is toxic as; posts you think don't contribute to the conversation, and people that defend because you think they believe the game is perfect. The first one is extremely subjective as what you might define as toxic may point out the obvious (like TundraTerror). The second one is foolish unless the person has actually shown their belief to this. I say it's foolish because I've seen threads where the OP had harsh subjective opinions on everything in-game and anyone that disagreed was some sort of "white-knight".

One of the reasons we might find the forums to be more toxic is because there are more players. With the increase of players there is more chances for conflict to occur. Conflict due to varying opinions, conflict due to feelings, conflict spawned from another conflict. However just because there is conflict doesn't mean there is toxicity. Again it comes down to what you define as toxic. If you're like OP and define it as posts that don't contribute anything, you're quite possibly going to find it everywhere.

Going to go ahead and lock this down. Complaining about people who complain (or people who don't complain) really does not facilitate any sort of good discussion.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If you think something should be changed, you're encouraged to voice your feedback in a civil manner. If a player happens to disagree with that idea, they are more than welcome to voice their opinion on the matter as well. Simply disagreeing with your peers is not toxicity.

Actual toxicity is abusive behavior; it's slinging insults, verbally abusing and excessive profanity. And if you see it, report it. We moderators and the community staff do not have the resources to read every single post that goes up on every single thread. So if you think that actual toxicity is going completely unnoticed by us, you really, really ought to use the report button to bring it to our attention.