The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Specters of the Rail General Feedback [Megathread]

[DE]Taylor

i wish we could go and replay the junctions for some awesome rewards. ( i really would like to add the frost specter to my codex as i didn't know that junctions weren't re-playable - totally sucks)

Edited by Aquasurge

Remove:

Alert requirements for Junctions. This is a wait wall, and it WILL lead to players leaving the game. Quickly.

Fissure closings requirements for Junctions. ANOTHER wait wall. This is NOT mobile gaming. Stop it already.

Over reliance on Nullifiers and power removal. Powers make Warframe unique. And you keep taking them away.

Mini Excavation copy pasta as the only means of Prime Acquisition. Its ALREADY boring and tired. Days after introduction. Instead, have Orokin take over the map, or be present in Crossfire fashion. They can receive the same buffs as those show spawn around the Fissure now. Let  them BE the mission, as opposed to be tacked onto it. Maybe, for Axi, even add 1 Sentient per mission.

Kavats from Derelicts. Or add them to Eris. Or the Void in addition to Derelicts. They feed on the Infested and are of Orokin origin, so, the Void is not entirely unlikely.

RNG for DNA Scans. One scan should equal 1 DNA imprint. Period.

Stop trying to frustrate your players into spending Plat. Incentives work better than punishments. This is established Psychological fact. Go back to the drawing board on how to get us to spend cash, with Incentives, not punishments, in mind.

on topic:

1. The biggest complaint we had about endless void missions is that you got the same reward fo rthe first rotation as you did on say the 50th rotation. The enemy's scaled so should have the rewards.And yes endless missions are still around but with the lack luster rewards there is absolutely no incentive to go past the absolute minimum required to complete the mission. The biggest problem with the old grind was pointless crap diluting the drop tables. credit rewards/keys/resources and the no scaling of rewards .

2. To the best of my knowledge the credit nerf wasn't announced in advance or the patch notes. I mean no offense but that's kind of shifty to sneak it in with even given the chance to argue against this in advance.

3. bugframe not much to say here

4. I've not tested it myself but I hear tells of players getting only 1 r5 core doing Triton/Heirocn intend of x5. Again untested and I can not confirm.

off topic:

Sectors of the fail. best title 2016 +1 for that alone. =p

Edited by -InV-Skitz0
typo

I agree with you. Also, for some reason rare rewards such as Ash Prime Blueprint, Nova Prime Systems etc are now common. This is a disaster for the economy. I think they should bring back the old void system and keep the current one as well but adjust the drop tables, this is just silly.

As for credits rewards: I'm sure it's just a bug, hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

Fusion Cores: I gave up on Hieracon/Trition a long time ago. Just do Sorties.

Edited by EyeLaikCheez

Well, the windowed mode start seems to be fixed, logged in, daily tribute screen appears, try to click on it, does nothing... Esc, does nothing, enter nothing... I'm stuck at it gonna have to do alt+f4... gg

Instead of "Specters of the Rail" you should have named this update "Bugs of Fail", the few parts that aren't bugged just failed in their objective.

-EDIT-

Wait I take it back the windowed mode at start still isn't fixed, DE please just pull this abomination that you call update, this is ruining the whole game which you put so much effort for all these years.

Edited by NeonNemesis

I wouldn't necessarily call this the worst or buggiest update I've personally encountered, but there's an understandably large amount of complaints that I can agree with, and empathize with when I don't exactly the feel same way.

As stated here:

32 minutes ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

Steve said himself that SotR was released long before it was ready to ship it (Mostly due to marketing demands and deadlines, I think), which is way we have so many problems with it.

...the fact that it was pushed out earlier is probably the reason for a fair amount of these issues. But hopefully this also means that some of the things that aren't necessarily bugs (like Void Traces being capped at 100) are still up for re-balancing and change, because I think some of the bigger offenders in regards to this update are things that are quite possibly intended.

One more thing as i want to say as a new player.

If i log in only to get daily reward, and have no more desire to actually play cause of being blocked by some bugs, or on purpose, it means that game is not going to appeal any new player. Right now im quitting the game until these update is fixed.

1 minute ago, BarryPierce said:

Why do people have to complain about everything :D

Not everyone has the same opinion. Draco is a good example. I personally don't mind the change, it adds more of a diversity to xp farming but, there are other players who would prefer farming their xp efficiently, both time and effectiveness. 

2 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

Wait, the Affinity boosters are offline?

I'm not too certain but according to several of my clan members, and friends, state that their affinity booster isn't functioning. I presume it's a bug, alongside credit boosters inactive. 

Great god another one, was gonna do the sortie that appears as not done (and I haven't) take a look at the sortie reward says that I've done it and I received the highlighted reward with NO REWARDS SHOWING...

Tennocon has already passed so you can pull back this abomination fix all these bugs, throw stuff like the market to the garbage that should never seen the light of day rework the new starchart to be an hybrid of the new and old one retaining only the looks of the new one but way of working of the old one, add a shortcut like in the reload button to the new archwing to go regain your balance when you are upside down or sideways, and give people the option to get primes either in the old void or in the new fissures.  

1 hour ago, Jangkrik said:

#4 - What's up with fusion core rewards? If you're talking about the fact that alerts can also reward cores, I think it's a good move to make alerts more rewarding.

Fusion core alerts are a joke, you only get one fusion core and the majority of the time its a rank 1-3  uncommon core.

The most important issue for me is the removal of credits reward of sorties. It used to reward around 100k credits a day, which is important if you are interested on Baro's stuff especially the primed mods, as buying primed mods from other players cost 1 million credits each. Even if you're not, fusing mods and crafting stuff would cost a lot of credits too.

Big strike for novice. Forget about your life and give yourself for 24 hour farming (credits).

It is difficult to take and not to make a warframe version where player-testers testing future patches and helps to developers fix bugs and influence on update quality?

1 minute ago, Marvelous_A said:

The most important issue for me is the removal of credits reward of sorties. It used to reward around 100k credits a day, which is important if you are interested on Baro's stuff especially the primed mods, as buying primed mods from other players cost 1 million credits each. Even if you're not, fusing mods and crafting stuff would cost a lot of credits too.

My apologies, i totally forgot to include the cost of Fusing and Primed Mods but yeah. Giving the current stability that warframe  is at currently, it's most likely a bug, i hope.

5 minutes ago, Shichibukai88 said:

Please stop making the same threads over and over and over and over...its really annoying, there is a megathread for feedback. Post it there instead of making another one. They will hotfix alot pretty soon they didnt because of tennocon so chill out.

Wasn't aware there was a similar thread posted previously but, there is no harm in sharing one's opinion. 

3 minutes ago, StolenLife said:

Greedate (Greedy Update), IMHO

Big strike for novice. Forget about your life and give yourself for 24 hour farming (credits).

More bugs, more suffering, more butthurt!

It is difficult to take and not to make a warframe version where player-testers testing future patches and helps to developers fix bugs and influence on update quality?

technically we ARE the testers, but most people forget or ignore that...

Just now, StolenLife said:

Hmm, and there is hotfixes? Too many discontent on forum

remember, they had tennocon on saturday and then it was sunday, they wont have the full team working for atleast a couple more hours. id says theres going to be a ton of them over the next week tho

Just now, NightBlitz said:

remember, they had tennocon on saturday and then it was sunday, they wont have the full team working for atleast a couple more hours. id says theres going to be a ton of them over the next week tho

Well, wait and see. If the situation does not change, then everything is clear with them

Hello everyone, I've noticed a few bugs. Most of them have slipped my mind, but here are two that happened just now :

- In Eris missions (that aren't Mutalist Alad V Assassinate), Alad V will  sometimes taunt the player as though the mission was his assassination. The Lotus will also deliver the lines that are in this mission. So far, I've seen it happen twice.

- It sometimes happens that, at the end of a void fissure mission, the game displays one reward, but then displays another in the debriefing screen.

As for other feedback, there is a lot to be said, but I'll add my voice to the chorus of people who think we simply do not receive enough affinity in most missions. Spy is alright, but most other missions simply do not yield enough to be attractive. Same thing is true of credits. With the removal of void keys, a major source of income has completely disappeared. I think that money needs to reappear somewhere, because I need to point out that this game has lots of effective money sinks (I'm looking at you, 100k credit sentinels, 900k credit syndicates, costly weapon blueprints, and so on). New players and veterans alike are going to feel a sharp pain in their backside. I suggest making most missions yield more credits, because 3000 credits on a level 45 mission is really pitiful. 

The removal of Draco reveals symptoms of a rather pervasive issue : endgame requires a lot of affinity, and the game simply doesn't deliver enough of it. Personally, I thought Draco was quite a bit of fun, and was very handy for getting rid of weapons  that would otherwise be a huge chore to rank up, due to them simply not being good/fun. The Lato, for example. Ranking that up normally would have been an absolute pain, and there are quite a few weapons like that. I don't mind having to rank up slowly when it comes to good equipement that is fun to use, like, say, the Acrid, the Lanka, the Mios, etc, but for mastery fodder, it's just too painful.

Another problem I have with most missions is that the rewards are extremely underwhelming. I did some  Archwing pursuit, and it was fun, but...at the end of the mission, what did I get ? 3000 credits and a useless mod I have many copies of. There just isn't enough incentive to play most missions. I think there should be more. I think the table of rewards that can drop at the end of most missions should be MASSIVELY expanded and enhanced. More credit, fusion cores, relics, etc...

Then there is void sabotage. Honestly, the rewards suck. When it dropped prime parts, it was exciting and it felt really rewarding to complete. Now it's very underwhelming. I'm not saying void sabotage should drop prime parts, no, not at all. The new void system is great. But they should drop...better stuff ? Packs of 5 fusion cores, for example, which I noticed have become much rarer (I can't say that was a good choice)

Getting at the end of a void sabotage, or any sabotage for that matter, and receiving one uncommon fusion core (that is not even rank 5), 2000 credits, and 300 plastids, feels really unrewarding. It's not worth anyone's time anymore. I understand you want to slow endgame people down a little. Fair enough. But you went a bit too far in nerfing rewards. We NEED incentives to play those missions, and right now, there are none. Challenge is good, but it's only half the attractiveness. The other half is a good reward. To say nothing of new players who are going to struggle even more, especially with credits. They don't even have sorties to make money, they can't afford to really sell lots of mods, they can't afford to sell warframe parts, they're going to suffer from this, and the junctions don't offer them enough credit. 

Please buff credits globally. Everything should yield at least 50% more credit, if not 100%. Don't make credit-grinding a thing, please  :c

Edited by starMute