The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Specters of the Rail General Bugs [Megathread]

[DE]Taylor

So I ran a few missions on different planets. On most tilesets the game performs way worse compared to pre-Specters update, but not on all it seems. The mission I did on Jupiter seemed fine, game ran just as before this update there. Performance seems worse even on the ship actually. It's really strange, sometimes the framerate itself doesn't seem that much worse than before the update, yet the game feels awful to play, extremely sluggish. It's really strange.

I seriously hope this isn't just me and can be fixed, as I find it incredibly hard to play the game right now.

I just managed to complete the download and load the game.

I have not even had the chance to run a single mission because the UI freezes. I have had to force quit the game 3 times. This freeze occurs in the Market, Arsenal and Codex, maybe more, but those are the only ones I have used since the update and I have experienced the freeze after about 30 seconds in that screen. I have no trouble walking around the Landing Craft, but what's the point of that if I can't use the menus.

Can't get to Venus Junction because apparently I haven't completed Vor's Prize quest. This is interesting since it doesn't show at all in quest part on Codex. It is the only quest that doesn't show there it only shows big question mark. Just FYI I'm MR21 and have unlocked all planets own nearly everything in the game and have over 200 days of login rewards since the login rewards systems update. So how do I complete Vor's Price quest?

I haven't found this reported yet, amazingly. The Big Picture text entry screen doesn't show up for me on the chat window, which means...I basically can't chat. At all. (Big Picture chat overlay is buggy enough to begin with even when it's working, although that's as much Valve's fault as DE's.) Others have mentioned it'd be nice for Big Picture chat to be optional for those who have a keyboard handy (the Steam Controller is much more comfortable than keyboard and mouse, especially when couch gaming), and I'd have to agree, but I really just want the damn thing to work.

Honestly, this update is a huge disappointment. I haven't been able to try out half the new systems due to bugs, and the ones that I can try are broken in some manner or terrible in a non-bug fashion (the Market tabs). I'm really hoping your devs can pull through, and I don't want to be rude or yell 'Ruined FOREVER', but I basically can't play until at least the first hotfix, which is...not endearing, to say the least.

52 minutes ago, The_Pic said:

Trying to complete "Hidden Messages" quest. The first riddle is on "Olympus", Mars but there isn't any indicator or etc. It's an ordinary MD mission.

I also can't access the final mission area, "Charybdis, Sedna" for the Hidden Messages quest. It doesn't have a special marker or anything, it's just a regular mission.

5 hours ago, KerwinSoh said:

1: When finishing any mission regardless of void tear or a normal mission. The mission results / report would still remain throughout the loading screen as well as when you finish. Not sure if intended or just my problem.

Same; You're not alone. Had to force quit my game twice now as I cant simply back out or close the results board. 

2 hours ago, Silidirian said:

To put it relatively simply, this :

Just went to help clanmates that want the Kavats in Dojo research, left back to orbiter, and this is what I found. Can access most of the landing craft terminals, but not the navigation terminal. Only fixed by relogging

the same happens after i go to any junction and return to the orbiter :-S

I'm not sure if this goes here or not but...

I completed a void tear mission (nullifier/bombard/HGunner hell? what is this nonsense) and back on the ship was stuck on the mission success screen. Had to alt-f4 because nothing was working. Could not move, could not get the menu open, and I couldnt even scroll through the mission success screen rewards.

Void tear on Venus capture mission, T1 ...projection? I believe... Also found a "final" fragment for Venus and scanned it.

Edited by giantconch

In trying to use either of the holster positions for great swords, I've realized that that holster positions CANNOT be adjusted on Rhino prime. It works just fine on regular Rhino, but not prime. It's a shame too, because by default, the reverse holster for great swords is... well... cutting off my arm.

Example: http://i.imgur.com/XSeyFFh.jpg?2

When anyone else in your party selects the Fissure node, the entire vote gets cancelled.

IE you can't play Fissures in a party atm.

They apparently fixed the previous bug (not being able to select a relic when hitting accept) without mentioning it in the hotfix-notes.

Edited by Farris
Formatting

There's a bug with the Saturn junction (the junction that goes from Jupiter to Saturn). One of the requirements listed is "Complete a corpus spy mission with 3 successful data extractions on Jupiter". The problem is that, from what I can tell, this objective is not updating correctly. I've cleared Adrastae 3 times now with my Ivara (the third time I even stealthed the entire way through. Not a single enemy or camera was ever aware I was there), and gotten all 3 data extractions completed, but the objective still shows incomplete for that junction.

Not sure if this has been reported yet, but...

It seems that whenever I go to a void fissure mission (lets say an Axi mission on Sedna) it brings me there but does not give me the option to equip a relic. Instead, the mission is just started with the countdown timer. This happened for me on a Jupiter Meso mission as well. The Sedna exterminate mission shows up as locked for me on the void fissure mission tab, but it seems that I have already unlocked the node. I tried to see if completing the mission and then running it again would let me equip the relic, but I died during the mission and it was 2 minutes from resetting once I came back, so I couldn't check.

[UPDATE]

After finishing Carpo, Jupiter, regularly, it now gives me the option to put on a relic. The reason might have been that I didn't have these nodes unlocked before, or I have them unlocked but had not played them yet. I will still leave this up though in case this isn't the case for Sedna, because I don't have a way of making sure.

Edited by Excalibored
Update.

56 minutes ago, DCypherThis13 said:

I just managed to complete the download and load the game.

I have not even had the chance to run a single mission because the UI freezes. I have had to force quit the game 3 times. This freeze occurs in the Market, Arsenal and Codex, maybe more, but those are the only ones I have used since the update and I have experienced the freeze after about 30 seconds in that screen. I have no trouble walking around the Landing Craft, but what's the point of that if I can't use the menus.

I've had the same thing. Had market, Arsenal, and the After mission screen.

28 minutes ago, bmaocheia said:

the same happens after i go to any junction and return to the orbiter :-S

Came here to say this.

Anyway, with this, the game not saving graphic settings, the minimized chat window sitting in the middle of the screen, I think I just won't come back to the game just yet. Too bad "cause the update looks good otherwise

I was part of the way through completing the quest The New Strange when this update came out- now I've got to craft a Chroma Mark, but I have no such blueprint, nor idea where to obtain one. So, by the look of it, I'm unable to complete this quest line.