Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

R.I.P. Warframe

shansey

This is just my opinion so if you wanna blame someone for this, blame me.

The thing is that all I did in Warframe was getting into the void with some random teammates to grind for them juicy prime parts and i loved it, staying an hour into a survival or having a nice team where everything works together to survive the T4 defense missions was the most fun I had in gaming for a LONG time. Well these joyful and happy days are now over. 

Dirst things first: Picking up things is by far the least fun thing to do in Warframe.

These new relic missions are totally garbage(sorrynotsorry). You just run threw these missions search for the damn rift juke a bit around and try to collect these goddamn shards or whatever that shall be and bring it to this rift thing. While doing that nullifiers and heavy gunners drop onto your head to totally melt you when you try to play your lovely squishy ember or your nice tanky rhino, because of the damn nullifiers who appear out of fkn nowhere! So you will just go and pick the most tanky frames with high armor and life/shields if you don´t want to die in there (except you have a team that actually helps picking up these damn things). So yeah the relic missions are nothing in comparison to good old void where you jump into lvl 120 heavy gunners with your perfect synchronized Warframe that you calculated for hours that it will survive or not even get any hit if you blow them a nicely charge of your good old 6 forma UPER HIGH WTF DMG Tonker right into their faces, because you dont need all those anymore. For those weaklings jumping out of the rift all you need is any weapon equipped with any mod and any clue of the game and you just shoot randomly while you are busy picking up these GODDAMN THINGS!

But enough of the relic missions. Atleast the void is not totally gone. You still can go in there and play a little bit your lovely maps where you spend hours of time searching for all the nice rare containers and secret rooms and just enjoy the nice and bright atmosphere in there. But yeah, that´s all you can do there now, oh wow i forgot you drop there argon crystals ..wow.. But now I hear you asking: For what do i need now all these nice 6 Forma Warframes and Weapons and the perfectly thoughtout builds that you spend all your time on warframe so far. Well yeah I can tell you: We still have dailys, yeah i know if you already have nezha and the other weapons you casually get there you are screwed because you don´t need those Reactors, Catalysts or fusion cores anymore because those weaklings from the rift don´t need nicely maxed out gear anyways.

So yeah Developers, if you don´t want to let Warframe die: it´s not too late to say sorry.

It maybe is a bit late for April fools but as long as tomorrow everything is fine again we will forgive you, thanks.

I chalk more up to ye olde void mission system being like an expeditionary treasure hunt.

New one is literally just schrodinger's (probably dead given the rng slants the part's have) damned cat draped over an almost unchanged RNG system.

1 minute ago, Irorone said:

I chalk more up to ye olde void mission system being like an expeditionary treasure hunt.

New one is literally just schrodinger's (probably dead given the rng slants the part's have) damned cat draped over an almost unchanged RNG system.

That made me laugh...  I do agree however, the old void system, even with its terrible rng, was far superior than this joke of a system. As people have already commented... it feels like a recycled excavation mission.

Agreed in some parts and disagreed in some. I 100% agree enemies NEED to be made harder and the maps and thinks need to be reworked, for example: You should be able to hop into the void through the fissure and destroy it from the inside with some cool mini boss on the inside or a source that is maybe causing the tear rather than just tossing some rock into a hole and tossing some stuff popping out of the hole into it. What makes even LESS sense is the fissures in the void? How the hell does that work. Tbh I think with enough community feedback this can be fixed and not die out

9 minutes ago, Pr0totype9979 said:

Agreed in some parts and disagreed in some. I 100% agree enemies NEED to be made harder and the maps and thinks need to be reworked, for example: You should be able to hop into the void through the fissure and destroy it from the inside with some cool mini boss on the inside or a source that is maybe causing the tear rather than just tossing some rock into a hole and tossing some stuff popping out of the hole into it. What makes even LESS sense is the fissures in the void? How the hell does that work. Tbh I think with enough community feedback this can be fixed and not die out

Agreed that we need variety in the new system, just jamming a "relic" into a fissure then killing enough of whatever pops out to make the glue to seal said fissure and open my glorified cracker jack box does not a fulfilling gameplay update make.

Edited by Irorone
grammar

1 minute ago, Irorone said:

Agreed that we need variety in the new system, just jamming a "relic" into a fissure then killing enough of whatever pops out to make the glue to seal said fissure and opened my glorified cracker jack box.

Gonna make a thread with some suggestions to make this better so I don't get an anuresym 

19 minutes ago, shansey said:

So yeah Developers, if you don´t want to let Warframe die: it´s not too late to say sorry.

*Works months - if not years on a project and releases it*

"It was just a prank bro! here you got your void keys again!"

I actually agree, your gonna see warframe community numbers plummet because of the drastic change in how void works, its too easy to get void parts now, this kills the trade market so people lose the means to sustain themselves in the game, of course this doesn't affect DE in the slightest since it just means more people will have to purchase plat from the market, they said they wanted to introduce a system where there are no keys, SURPRISE the found relics are what replaces keys now, unfortunately this should have stayed on the drawing board longer, you may be appeasing new players but those of us that have been here awhile and use the trade market as means of sustaining ourselves are not happy.

i liked the old void system more not because of the hour long survivals but because they had a full varity of enemy types and not this heavy gunner, ancient, bombard, moa, and nullifier spawning clown car of pain but hey it is entertaining seeing random people who are like MR2 trying to get prime parts not realising they need to have the node unlocked and a relic for that tier to get a piece

now when DE said they wanted to make obtaining prime parts more emersive i thought they meant maybe we could pick our favorite type of mission against our prefered faction to do this but instead it is rng the decides what mission we run. I was sitting here thinking DE wanted us to stop doing copypaste runs to get primed parts but it looks like it is still here but worse.

To be fair though i never cared for primed part gathering i usually spent my time getting corrupted mods but i have to do this extraction wannabe to even make my dragon keys

Just now, Govictory said:

i liked the old void system more not because of the hour long survivals but because they had a full varity of enemy types and not this heavy gunner, ancient, bombard, moa, and nullifier spawning clown car of pain but hey it is entertaining seeing random people who are like MR2 trying to get prime parts not realising they need to have the node unlocked and a relic for that tier to get a piece

now when DE said they wanted to make obtaining prime parts more emersive i thought they meant maybe we could pick our favorite type of mission against our prefered faction to do this but instead it is rng the decides what mission we run. I was sitting here thinking DE wanted us to stop doing copypaste runs to get primed parts but it looks like it is still here but worse.

To be fair though i never cared for primed part gathering i usually spent my time getting corrupted mods but i have to do this extraction wannabe to even make my dragon keys

Also the fact that the "new resource" caps at 100.

Just now, Govictory said:

well it takes 10 to make a dragon key and they are a minute to make so it is not hard to clear space

It's more the fact that it's another "anti stockpiling" measure on the new "RNG Friendly" resource getting the stuff isn't hard but you're basically forced to spend them on making eithe RNG marginally better, or on dragon keys.

Kbye. Once everyone who is mad about the arbitrary stuff that doesn't really hurt them in any way- like Draco finally going away (though I shouldn't have to use this example since it's OBVIOUS that it's a huge + for the game that it's finally gone and the cesspool has been stirred and somewhat filtered)- finally leaves for real, the game will have a chunk missing but it will be refilled and finally be able to start growing and being the amazing thing it used to be.

My problem: boredom. I thought old Void was repetitive. Now, we do the exact same thing over and over, every Fissure mission. This Nullifier infested recycled Excavation mission is ALREADY boring and repetitive. Day One, and it's already gotten old.

8 minutes ago, Stratego89 said:

Kbye. Once everyone who is mad about the arbitrary stuff that doesn't really hurt them in any way- like Draco finally going away (though I shouldn't have to use this example since it's OBVIOUS that it's a huge + for the game that it's finally gone and the cesspool has been stirred and somewhat filtered)- finally leaves for real, the game will have a chunk missing but it will be refilled and finally be able to start growing and being the amazing thing it used to be.

I love you.

The funny thing is. I really like the new system, I didnt like runnign void missions because they were the same damn boring gold tileset over and over and over and over again. Now I can run on other tile sets and be able to better pick what I want to get. Plus I feel that it will be easier to get ducats.

1 minute ago, Senketsu_ said:

The funny thing is. I really like the new system, I didnt like runnign void missions because they were the same damn boring gold tileset over and over and over and over again. Now I can run on other tile sets and be able to better pick what I want to get. Plus I feel that it will be easier to get ducats.

You dont get to pick your reward... just a chance at about 6 different rewards... and the Drop rate is still terrible, Formas everywhere.

Just now, PureIcarus said:

You dont get to pick your reward... just a chance at about 6 different rewards... and the Drop rate is still terrible, Formas everywhere.

you have a greater hand in picking then you did before. all of my relics have been prime parts and bps so far. plus I dont have to deal with recruting chat now, I can just be matchmade. 

9 minutes ago, Senketsu_ said:

If anything, this is more repetitive. Speed run star map. Activate tear. Spam melee cause it's raining Nullifiers and half your frames and weapons are useless. Close tear. Repeat .

Every. Time. On a glorified Excavation mission copy/paste no less.