Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Specters of the Rail: Hotfix 2

[DE]Mark

4 hours ago, tworivers said:

Been at this game 3 years and the reason I play it is because I understood what I was doing , until now. So much confusion , no clear explanation on exactly what we should be doing unless you intently read. I am 57 years old run a business and I read plenty all day and do not have the time to spend many hours relearning a game that I have paid for. Now the flowery comments will not get anyone plat so quit the suck holing and lets be honest this did not come out well and I am not happy at all with the way it is presented in it's present state. I used to be able to help new people to learn because there is lots of content now ...well you get what I am saying so Devs. you have a ton of explaining to do and condense so we can get on enjoying the game not spend time working through your glitches and poor explanations of a huge update so PLEASE do not rely on the players to do your job because if I had an employee who did work like this he would not have a job long.

In otherwords, Reverse the update back to the old Star Chart 2.0. Not gonna happen in a million years, It may have it's issues but I find opening and closing the star chart on 3.0 much more responsive than the old 2.0 Star Chart.

Why not give them time to make adjustments, It's not like the sky is falling or the world will end just beacuse they gonna reject feedback for further improvements. If people are gonna be lazy and not write up a guide to help new players then why bother at all let someone else do it.

Some people take time to learn, This aint a race to know who will figure out stuff, No ones gonna learn this new update sense friday to today unless you wasa quick learner.

18 minutes ago, UltimateGrenninja said:

In otherwords, Reverse the update back to the old Star Chart 2.0. Not gonna happen in a million years, It may have it's issues but I find opening and closing the star chart on 3.0 much more responsive than the old 2.0 Star Chart.

Why not give them time to make adjustments, It's not like the sky is falling or the world will end just beacuse they gonna reject feedback for further improvements. If people are gonna be lazy and not write up a guide to help new players then why bother at all let someone else do it.

Some people take time to learn, This aint a race to know who will figure out stuff, No ones gonna learn this new update sense friday to today unless you wasa quick learner.

Lets just admit that the update is dissapointing. Glitch and bugs literally everywhere, no in-game tutorial to lead to new things, the new fissure system is totally madness. This whole prime farming is not the game for only. Tell me when you get all those prime stuff? Where you gonna play? in void? i bet not ANYMORE. Farming prime...lets talk about this. With nullies being buff and spawn on top ur head everywhere, for what u have warframe skill? how u can play strategically as a team? OK..talking about strategically, u dont wanna play anymore in Void Defense, no more going Frost, Banshee, Trinity in Survival...for what? for the rewards of COmmon FUsion COre??? Hell no. I see that void nodes??? Those Ex-T4 still have 300% damage buff for a nothing.

Madness.Period.

Edited by Samuel_sfx
additional

I really dislike the new player icons on the map. I understand that they are supposed to be frame helmets, but they're just little blobs that clutter the map. Is there something that can be done about this? A toggle to revert to default icons, sharper images, or an option to make the map larger independently of the rest od the UI?

Why are the outdoor tiles extra blindingly bright now? I've tried messing with all my display settings and nothing has brought them down below flashbang status. Void fissures take place there, which is yet another barrage of brightness. Please tone that stuff down, it hurts the eyes.

Just a minor tweek so you don't throw off new players, i would suggest to remove the plat price lable on the image when you try to buy something from the new market ( looks awsome and feels way better and it is easier to navigate) so you don't make players think that you can only buy items with plat.

I would suggest to just have the picture of the item lets say Volt for example  and when you click it you have the choice between buying it with plat or buying the blueprint with credits like you do.

Awsome update as always.

Edited by Zoualid

So a few things that I just noticed recently;

A) Why is Syndicate mission standing reward basically being cut in half?
B) Why are the directions of ant-lines from planet to planet not making any sense at all?

C) Are you serious about the new starchart progression? Let me paint that out for you:

1. Starting out at Earth & Venus means the first boss you kill gives you stuff for a Warframe that STILL requires Mastery Rank 2 as the ONLY Warframe. You cannot decide now to go Mercury first as it's meant to be. Prior to that, it was basically going Earth & Mercury as Venus was higher level. What's the reason to swap those now? Not smart.
  2. Lua is now it's own planet. So that means we have THREE Planets to get Neurodes on TOP of Derelict, but only ONE source for Neural Sensors still.
  3. Pushing Jupiter further away in the chain means that people will need to wait even LONGER to get their first chances of even producing their first Warframe due to the absence of Neural Sensors. No, Alerts are not a reasonable source of rare items. No, taxi-ing is not a reasonable way of getting resources. So you have to go through one more planet in order to even get there? I sense a push for more purchasing of resources from the market. Actually there were a lot of things that are pushing the Platinum limit here, is DE really doing so bad, financially?
  4. What sense does it have to put missions into the void when the Void itself is not "access through" ? I mean, there are four "Fingers" that set into the void depending from which planet you come in. But what's the case there? What is it good for? You don't get anything special in the Void. All visual indicators make you believe that you SHOULD get something special... but you don't. How about addressing that? Or am I missing the "special" here?

Kudos though for putting Ceres reasonably now, as it is a planetoid in the asteroid belt in our solar system and not something far away.

Edited by Khunvyel

Oh lord, there are so many bugs and issues. Idk where else to put them, so here are some I've encountered or come up with.

Bugs (Eww.):

• After a Mission the Game Summary can sometimes freeze and won't go away. This forces me to have to restart the game.
  • The ramp in the Orbiter moves too slowly, causing me to oftentimes bullet-jump underneath it on accident. Even worse is when I get squashed underneath it and I fall through the floor into the void and have to restart my game.
  • The UI and effects from the fissures sometimes remain after the the fissure is closed. Furthermore enemies and reactants sometimes keep spawning afterward. This hasn't broken the game so far.
  • My Vectis Prime has the Depleted Reload mod on, but when I spawn in it has two bullets in the chamber. I am of course unable to reload until i empty the chamber. No other problems caused by this so far.
  • Alternate Melee Holsters (Need I say more? (I will.)) 
    • The quick melee still draws the weapons as if they were in the default holster location.
    • I understand that we're supposed to edit the positions of weapons so they don't clip etc etc, but with weapons like the dual daggers, the offhand dagger ends up in a strange position relative to the mainhand dagger.
  • When I start up the game, it resets my setting for the mode the screen is in, setting it to windowed mode.
  • Sortie doesn't show the Season or Rewards, and doesn't award Credits.
  • Alerts can still use game modes that don't exist anymore. For example I got an alert for Nitain that was Archwing Defense.
  • Invasions can use Nodes that don't exist anymore making in impossible to run it.
  • The Venus Junction has a bug where it won't count the Lith Fissures closed.
  • You can't play the normal mission or choose not to do an alert or invasion or fissure when on a node.

If I find more bugs in this update, I'll bring them up here.

Now for some complaints. These aren't really bugs, but things that I don't like with maybe some suggestions on tweaks to improve them. (How pretentious I know.):

• The Melee holster items are too expensive. 20 a pop is the same price as a Warframe slot, which seems a lot in comparison. Furthermore, the bundle is really pricey too.
  • The fact that you only get one of each type of picture frame from the bundle kinda sucks. I would like to have multiple of each type within a limit so I can decorate better. Furthermore your ability to place them is limited to only a few spots, and it sucks that you cant resize them. Doesn't seem worth the money.
  • Kavat DNA is really really rare and hard to obtain. Only getting maybe one per run, which is just too little for all the effort. Furthermore having to get a whole Kavat's worth just to be able to make Kavats is a little too much as well.
  • Void Traces are really hard to obtain, and since you can't run the Fissure Missions without a Relic equipped, you end up wasting Relics trying to get maybe 5 or so Traces so you can eventually rank up one relic.
    • Along those lines, the costs for everything using these traces are pretty high. To get 10 for a Dragon Key means you have to run maybe 2 Relics, which translates to having to use 2 keys to make one Dragon Key, double the cost.
    • The fact that you also cannot stockpile Traces sucks.
    • 100 to max out a Relic seems too much, especially since you once again can't run the mission without using a Relic.

Once again, if I have more complaints with this update this is where I'll put them.

I think it's important to note however that I'm super appreciative of all the work, time, and effort you guys at DE have put into this update, and I can't wait to see where this leads! Thank you!

Edited by Jade-Lotus
More.

Hi, I'm experiencing a funny bug after I complete a mission. Sometimes of the times it's ok but I'm stuck in a kneeling position and I have to hit escape to access like the foundry or map to fix it. Just letting you know. 

I have a mature kubrow that's wandering around my ship with me after I complete a mission. I don't mind it at all, call it a feature if you want, just pointing it out because the update description says only puppies are meant to follow you.

2 minutes ago, cromignon said:

I have a mature kubrow that's wandering around my ship with me after I complete a mission. I don't mind it at all, call it a feature if you want, just pointing it out because the update description says only puppies are meant to follow you.

Umm...

On 7/8/2016 at 5:12 PM, [DE]Drew said:

All biological Companions can now roam the ship in their kitten/puppy or adult form

1 hour ago, Jade-Lotus said:

After a Mission the Game Summary can sometimes freeze and won't go away. This forces me to have to restart the game.

This is caused by clicking on the chat window while the missions reward screen is still open. If you do that, the mission reward UI is no longer regaining focus / registering input after switching focus back from chat.

Alright. DE. Seriously. I don't know if I'm the only one experiencing this, but I'm having serious what-the-fck moments with this new void crap.

First off all, the Lotus' comment of "nobody said this would be easy" is fine. Even killing every enemy within 5 seconds of them spawning, I'm not getting enough reactant to close it within the time limit. Desecrate with Nekros is also rewarding absolutely zilch for additional reactant. And then there's the Nulls. A null every 5 seconds.

Are you guys trying to make this new content un-soloable? I don't play teams. I Don't play groups. I do solo. And right now void rewards are pretty much 100% undoable for me. Thanks a lot.

6 minutes ago, TonyEvans said:

Are you guys trying to make this new content un-soloable? I don't play teams. I Don't play groups. I do solo. And right now void rewards are pretty much 100% undoable for me. Thanks a lot.

I don't mind groups, I'm happy to jump into a PUG or do stuff solo. It may just me my imagination, but missions (group and solo) felt a bit harder than I remember (before the update).

Strange glitch... more than a little annoying.

Every time the launcher is started it unchecks full-screen mode.

EVERY.

TIME.

I have to go in and check full-screen anytime the game starts.... or else Windowed; first time I saw this I was "Da-Heck? this game even has windowed mode?"

I have never used windowed mode... ever. I am unsure how THIS one is happening.

11 minutes ago, Achronus said:

Strange glitch... more than a little annoying.

Every time the launcher is started it unchecks full-screen mode.

EVERY.

TIME.

I have to go in and check full-screen anytime the game starts.... or else Windowed; first time I saw this I was "Da-Heck? this game even has windowed mode?"

I have never used windowed mode... ever. I am unsure how THIS one is happening.

They are fixing it. 

Hello I am a relatively new player and I think it would be cool if you added being able to go in your squads ships while not doing a mission via archwings. I think that it would be a great idea so you can interact with your squad members more and there could be a better purpose for the archwings and for the decorations of your ship. also if this feature was added you should also be able to just click on your squad members to trade with them while in their ships. In my opinion this is a great idea and i would love to see what the community thinks of it.