Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova Deluxe skin

Rimuru

3 hours ago, Knight_Ex said:

Isn't that a religious icon? Its deplecting Kali a hindu goddess isn't it? Won't people get offended by that? o.o, I mean we have no frames that actually have religious symbolism.

Ivara, Atlas, Nezha, Wukong, Valkyr [sort of], and idk, if you want to abstract, Zephyr. They're all based on old gods and spiritual figures. Religious references should not be avoided for the sake of not offending people. This is coming from a pantheist, btw. 

And yet kali is from a religion still being widely practised, and need i remind you offended Hindus got Smite`s version of Kali censored. I don`t think it will happen, and i don`t care either way, the skin is... off putting to say the least, just remember to never underestimate how stupid and entitled some people are.

2 minutes ago, BaneOfOrion said:

And yet kali is from a religion still being widely practised, and need i remind you offended Hindus got Smite`s version of Kali censored. I don`t think it will happen, and i don`t care either way, the skin is... off putting to say the least, just remember to never underestimate how stupid and entitled some people are.

If the hindus have a problem with it, they can go screw. Same for any other religion getting offended by a reference. Artists shouldn't bow to pressure, ever. 

Just like with Chromas default helmet, this is very ugly. Im surprised Minki designed it. No offence Minki or DE art team, but I think you need to go back to the drawing bored with this. Your Oberon, and Valkyr skins were amazing, this is a step backwards. 

1 minute ago, Senketsu_ said:

Just like with Chromas default helmet, this is very ugly. Im surprised Minki designed it. No offence Minki or DE art team, but I think you need to go back to the drawing bored with this. Your Oberon, and Valkyr skins were amazing, this is a step backwards. 

chroma's default, which i assume you mean is the current drac helmet, is by far the best.

Just now, Wandering_Cyberdragoness said:

chroma's default, which i assume you mean is the current drac helmet, is by far the best.

no I was talking about the one he had when he was revealed. and if that is the one your are talking about, the Tennogen Chroma helmet blow all of his other ones out of the water.

Just now, Senketsu_ said:

no I was talking about the one he had when he was revealed. and if that is the one your are talking about, the Tennogen Chroma helmet blow all of his other ones out of the water.

That is Drac. That's the best of them, because it fits his theme and origins the best, and looks really great with all his skills.

Just now, Wandering_Cyberdragoness said:

That is Drac. That's the best of them, because it fits his theme and origins the best, and looks really great with all his skills.

It still dosnt make it look any better. And the Tenno gen ones look far better imo.

When i buyed tennogen skin i was worried "What if De make a deluxe skin for nova any time soon, should i waste real money for this, if they do?".

GOOD LORD im glad i buyed it, especially afterseeing THIS abomination visage looks even more gorgeous, da hek de?

I'd say make the orbs on the chest/legs concave inwards, give them a nice metallic lining (maybe a bit of energy effects in them) and redesign the helmet to better fit Nova, remove the fly eyes and the silly hat. Why not make it energy flares to match nova better?

2 minutes ago, Agentawesome said:

I'd say make the orbs on the chest/legs concave inwards, give them a nice metallic lining (maybe a bit of energy effects in them) and redesign the helmet to better fit Nova, remove the fly eyes and the silly hat. Why not make it energy flares to match nova better?

And slim down the donuts on her arms... By a lot.

59 minutes ago, Ss_Immortal_Tech_sS said:

nah.....

At least, I don't want to apply his skin to my 100 forma'ed Nova prime....

Hope to other skin(usually weapon) in deluxe skin package look nice.

From the Tennocon art panel, the other items in the package are a skin for the Tipedo (similarly themed based on a Buddhist monk's spade-staff) and a Syandana, both of which look wonderful, though both also have the same awkward default color palette.

I'm sure someone has a photo from the panel up by now. (I don't have the cord for my camera to upload a photo myself.)

The helmet reminds me of the Japanese doguu statues (what Baltoy and Claydol from Pokemon are based off of).

Edited by Inarticulate

Back side of body is nice, what with her arms? I really like Nova and don't like flies. Front side of her deluxe helmet is goddess of flies alike, it is disgusting. With strange Buddha styled hat on top is turning her into a clown with tennis balls. DE, please make something more elegant and  beautiful, 6 arms idea is cool but it's not the goddess,  which would Nova fans like to see