The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gift of Tennocon alert lvl 200-9999

Rimuru

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/270597307851597072/895DEE9482152F20DE12008B39DF867AA8415EEE/

I did it everyone. The way I did it was:

• A friend had Pull on his Mag and he would pull enemies to their deaths in death pits. We would jump down and grab them. 
  • The first two LS modules are only activate at 72% so that they go off at 70%, leaving you with 0 waste.

That's it. I'm only a Level 2 with Excalibur. Best of luck to everyone.

did it but tbh.... this was just plain stupid esp for a measly reactor. my first run i didnt look at the levels and just winged and went -_- when i got in and saw the levels (brought excal with new sais soooo..... yeah no GG). like most i just grabbed my hammer and just blasted them into the hole. 

like really why? what is the point in you making them 999+ just to use cheap tactics to win? 

2 hours ago, Noble_One said:

did it but tbh.... this was just plain stupid esp for a measly reactor. my first run i didnt look at the levels and just winged and went -_- when i got in and saw the levels (brought excal with new sais soooo..... yeah no GG). like most i just grabbed my hammer and just blasted them into the hole. 

like really why? what is the point in you making them 999+ just to use cheap tactics to win? 

As many have stated this alert was made by people that attended Tennocon. This is why it's ridiculous. Because they wanted a ridiculous alert.

4 hours ago, (XB1)DRG JupiterIvan said:

As many have stated this alert was made by people that attended Tennocon. This is why it's ridiculous. Because they wanted a ridiculous alert.

thats nice and all but wheres the fun? i mean if youre gonna throw level 9999+ enemies at us then atleast make it somewhat enjoyable or give a decent reward.

hell on a side note why does it NOW wait till youre in the loading screen to go "oh this person isnt using X build specific for the mission.... EVERYBODY OUT OF THE POOL!!"

My fellow tenno  if you haven't complete this pls note:

Have a warframe that has boosted speed.
have loot detector on you and your companion
have two samaris scan on you - use them to see what I mean

1. get the scans 
2. run and loot
3. activate life support.

Repeat steps 2 and 3 until the timer is over 

and run to the exit

Thank me later.

Spoiler

I have conducted the following experiments:

activate lifesupport below <=10%  - still missing seconds
use nyx mind control - they don't damage eachother as I hoped
just stand still and activate life support - missing seconds before the last needed support arrives
mellee combo over 500 - around 15k damage per hit, 1/10 shield down, resets if shield gets lower
run and run - timer still missing seconds
nyx ultimate - almost as nothing has damaged me or them

Edited by ChaellExE
typo

9 hours ago, (XB1)MechaBeowulf DW said:

You...completely misunderstood.  I said that I'm fine with RNG rewards at the end of a mission, but I don't like the idea of RNG determining the success or failure of the mission itself.  I'm not trying to be condescending, but do you really not see the difference?

As for your comment about Tennocon, I was away at a wedding for that entire weekend so...invalid criticism.

And I said I disagree, I knew you would misunderstand me and you would think I had misunderstood you :)

To me RNG stopping you from completing a mission is the same as RNG stopping you getting a reward and is the same as RNG on the sortie type even stopping you from taking part! I understand why it annoys you but you may as well be complaining about the multitude of unfair, difficult, behind a gear wall RNG driven content that fills this game already.

This is the crux of my argument. If you didnt have a sniper you couldnt complete a recent sortie. You couldnt even be carried thru and you wouldnt, without plat, have time to build it and so miss out on another chance to get access to another RNG wall. So thats 2 walls, a gear wall and an RNG wall, in the way of a sortie reward. So thats actually MORE unfair. Do you see where I am coming from?

Im not understanding what you mean about away at a wedding. Has the PC event finished? As of this moment on the PS4 its still on for 4 hours. My point was a person would have time in those 3 days to get help doing the event if they didnt have Ivara etc

Anyhoo, you are allowed to be annoyed and Im allowed to disagree, I dont feel you were condescending, its hard to debate without seeming a bit... forceful, or something. I take it all in good spirit.

On 7/10/2016 at 11:34 AM, AurumandArgentum said:

I ain't usin no cheese tactics

it's impossible. You actually have to use covert lethality or something like that. When you kill them, it does hundreds of billions of crit dmg meaning they have hundreds of billions of shields and health:
52b3141f732e4f10ccb869890edd4941.jpg68cd4c7679ccd6b530387b35d7e8bbce.jpg
b2f9c7d008c436f6a59e370d23bc4ac2.jpg

Edited by Arniox

On 7/10/2016 at 11:59 AM, (PS4)lovesick101 said:

It was funny to watch them program this alert at TennoCon though...  

lol, you saw them program it in? What is involved with putting in an alert like that?

55 minutes ago, Arniox said:

lol, you saw them program it in? What is involved with putting in an alert like that?

They have an HTML page that generates the JSON for the alert.

Granted, we didn't see them add in the god mode. That was added afterwards when they actually put the alert up.

Edited by Reidmaster

6 hours ago, Noble_One said:

thats nice and all but wheres the fun? i mean if youre gonna throw level 9999+ enemies at us then atleast make it somewhat enjoyable or give a decent reward.

hell on a side note why does it NOW wait till youre in the loading screen to go "oh this person isnt using X build specific for the mission.... EVERYBODY OUT OF THE POOL!!"

They asked the people and they responded. Not about fun. It was about making a ridiculous alert. If you were given the chance to make an alert, a "once in a lifetime opportunity" kind of thing, you'd make it ridiculous too, it's just human nature, i mean look at the vast majority of Mario Maker levels. If they aren't S#&amp;&#036; they're hard as balls. People like making near impossible things and then forcing it on others to see them squirm. It's natural, makes us feel good inside. On the other side of the coin, we as humans like overcoming "impossible" things. Many people, myself included, really enjoyed this alert. Finally something other than mindlessly slogging through a mission as usual. It was about HOW you beat the alert. For many of us, it wasn't the reward, it was the experience that made us persevere.

2 hours ago, Arniox said:

it's impossible. You actually have to use covert lethality or something like that. When you kill them, it does hundreds of billions of crit dmg meaning they have hundreds of billions of shields and health:
52b3141f732e4f10ccb869890edd4941.jpg68cd4c7679ccd6b530387b35d7e8bbce.jpg
b2f9c7d008c436f6a59e370d23bc4ac2.jpg

Nope, gotta grab a fragor or something that can throw them and put them into certain kill areas around the map, easy money.

On 7/11/2016 at 8:14 AM, DaBruuzer said:

Just a question (NOT a complaint).  My wife and I are really new to WF and don't have any of the fancy 'Frames and/or any of the weapons and mods mentioned here that made is so "easy" for people to complete this.  We have tried over 10 times now, and have run out of air before we can finish the countdown, every time.  It's not even close.  So is this mission doable for new players at all?  Or are we just wasting time and getting more and more frustrated?

P.S. We HAVE broken every container and unlocked locker - no help.

Honestly, I don't believe it is. I'm in the same boat.  New player with only 1 frame, 2 primary weapon, 1 secondary and 1 melee.  I attempted it 20+ times and didn't get a single mini LS from any breakable as people claim you can.  I finally had to call up my nephew (who has maxed everything) and he walked me through it in a single try.  While it's nice to get the loot, I'd rather have had the option to skip it so I could continue to progress, then to have to require someone who is game maxed just to continue my mars missions.

8 hours ago, (XB1)DRG JupiterIvan said:

They asked the people and they responded. Not about fun. It was about making a ridiculous alert. If you were given the chance to make an alert, a "once in a lifetime opportunity" kind of thing, you'd make it ridiculous too, it's just human nature, i mean look at the vast majority of Mario Maker levels. If they aren't S#&amp;&#036; they're hard as balls. People like making near impossible things and then forcing it on others to see them squirm. It's natural, makes us feel good inside. On the other side of the coin, we as humans like overcoming "impossible" things. Many people, myself included, really enjoyed this alert. Finally something other than mindlessly slogging through a mission as usual. It was about HOW you beat the alert. For many of us, it wasn't the reward, it was the experience that made us persevere.

if i was given the chance at making an alert yes it would be difficult but not to that degree. nothing new was put into it, just beef the enemies to re&#036;&amp;*^ levels and use cheese tactics to win (something that i very distinctly remembering most of the warframe community hating). and yeah myself like others like overcoming a great challenge..... when will we get it? because if THAT was you definition of "impossible" then our definitions are very different. 

in short yea the people at tenno wanted a re&#036;&amp;*^ mission, we got it and in my opinion it was boring as usually since evolved into using nothing new. heck the tactics people used are proof alone. ty DE for the reactor. 

Edited by Noble_One

On 7/9/2016 at 7:31 PM, OricSharp said:

Bizarrely, it's...actually kind of boring. Can't kill anything so far, can't die, can fail the mission due to just not getting air tanks in time...and that's it.

it was boring.  I took a rhino and practiced avoidance and popped LS now and then, bouncing bots out of the way with my sonicor.  I literally beat one little bot for three minutes with my jat kitty and he never died.  it was very boring. 

this was an example of the most lazy kind of game design.  take slow, stupid bots from low/mid level missions and pump up their health and weapon dps to stupid levels.   this is how difficulty is increased in WF

I've recently played PvE games where high level difficulty means new, interesting and challenging bots with better AI and innovative weapons/powers, including large bots who spawn other lower level bots and must be taken out to win the mission. and the game doesn't nerf the players weapons/shields/powers.

this mission, along with most high level missions in WF are examples of sheer lazy game design

Edited by DeadlyPeanutt

16 hours ago, DeadlyPeanutt said:

it was boring.  I took a rhino and practiced avoidance and popped LS now and then, bouncing bots out of the way with my sonicor.  I literally beat one little bot for three minutes with my jat kitty and he never died.  it was very boring. 

this was an example of the most lazy kind of game design.  take slow, stupid bots from low/mid level missions and pump up their health and weapon dps to stupid levels.   this is how difficulty is increased in WF

I've recently played PvE games where high level difficulty means new, interesting and challenging bots with better AI and innovative weapons/powers, including large bots who spawn other lower level bots and must be taken out to win the mission. and the game doesn't nerf the players weapons/shields/powers.

this mission, along with most high level missions in WF are examples of sheer lazy game design

Erm, youre wrong on many counts. Leave now before you embarrass yourself further.

Edited by (PS4)AnaLoGMunKy
geraammaaaa

4 hours ago, (PS4)AnaLoGMunKy said:

Erm, youre wrong on many counts. Leave now before you embarrass yourself further.

lol... no specifics... just warm air... 

you remind me of a blustery half witted presidential candidate we have in the US... 

Edited by DeadlyPeanutt

2 hours ago, DeadlyPeanutt said:

lol... no specifics... just warm air... 

you remind me of a blustery half witted presidential candidate we have in the US... 

Sure, Ill give you specifics. I was asking you to leave BEFORE you embarrass yourself ;P

23 hours ago, DeadlyPeanutt said:

Why did you do that, thats sounds bloody boring. Why did you not consider the fact that they cannot kill you and so, there must be another way? But no, moan moan moan, its so boring because I cant do it like I do everything in this game, smash it with my hammer!

They did no dmg, none. Not a bit. Did you even PLAY the level past swinging your hammer and thinking you were invincible? You actually were invincible, it was made that way. Everyone Was. How did you not notice?

Great. What is this cool game as I might wanna play it too. However, the whole thing about innovative powers is bull, this game is very innovative. They always try and do new stuff, they always add stuff, they add completely new systems of play, archwing, pilots, sorties, raids! Iv never seen a game that does anything fundamentally more innovative than warframe ever has. I can only guess that your opinion is you dislike what they have introduced, which is fine. I could probably say the same for some games you like.

This mission, was made by players, as a joke. To then say the whole game is simply lazy design is hilariously silly. The sheer depth and amount of work these guys have put in and quite plainly plan to put is is tremendous. You dont like it fine.. cool. But... dont come in here and just moan. If someone could be accused of being like an American politician, it surely must be you... Deadly Peanut. All you did was moan about the game without specifying why you felt that way! Then you went on to leave out the name of this awesome game that has " high level difficulty means new, interesting and challenging bots with better AI and innovative weapons/powers, including large bots who spawn other lower level bots and must be taken out to win the mission. and the game doesn't nerf the players weapons/shields/powers. "

Thankfully I gave you the benefit of the doubt and knew you must have your own legitimate reasons for feeling that this was boring and bad game design. But I wont let you away with comparing me to ANY American president. I have morals you know!

Edited by (PS4)AnaLoGMunKy
gramatical idiocy

On 7/13/2016 at 4:51 AM, DeadlyPeanutt said:

it was boring.  I took a rhino and practiced avoidance and popped LS now and then, bouncing bots out of the way with my sonicor.

You do realise the alert was Melee only? So how were you able to use a Sonicor if it is not even allowed in the load-out?
I call BS on this story.

Edited by SoanoS

Somehow I get the impression that people forgot when DE once gave us a Gift alert, populated only by single digit level Propaganda Drones. This was after some salt-mine explosion about tough enemies in some mission, tactical event or whatever else we had a year ago. I can't remember the details, but it was pretty much crystal clear that DE was taking the piss with us. 

They were making a joke. At us. And I loved it!  

Good going DE! Don't listen to humorless snowflakes who can't take a joke. A company is it's people, and we all know how "special" you people at DE are.