Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrows need their own version of Kavat exclusive mods

Icebreccer

Pounce, Sense Danger, Sharpened Claws and Swipe are all excellent mods and they only exist exclusively for Kavats. If DE cares about the Kubrows at all then they should make Kubrow versions of the aforementioned mods or just simply let Kubrows use the same mods right off the bat.

Kubrows themselves only have one exclusive mod and that is Hastened Deflection which is a crappy mod anyway. So yeah, at the moment there is simply no reason to use Kubrows at all.

20 minutes ago, Judqment8 said:

. So yeah, at the moment there is simply no reason to use Kubrows at all.

Are you for real? Kavats cannot deal Finisher-typed damage the way Sahasa and Sunika can. I don't see Kavats one-shotting level 130+ heavies left and right, or pulling up 75 energy between defense waves in a convenient spot for people to refuel off of.

I'm getting tired of seeing these all-encompassing hyperbolic blanket statements about Kubrows being null-and-voided. It's simply false.

Kubrows are useless. I don't see Kubrows stripping enemies of armor or giving me red crits. I also don't see them syphoning gear for me, healing me and recharging my shields at the same time. All I see them do is bleeding out or being stuck in stupid, hunting butterflies.

Edited by Serafim_94

17 minutes ago, DiosGX said:

Are you for real? Kavats cannot deal Finisher-typed damage the way Sahasa and Sunika can. I don't see Kavats one-shotting level 130+ heavies left and right, or pulling up 75 energy between defense waves in a convenient spot for people to refuel off of.

I'm getting tired of seeing these all-encompassing hyperbolic blanket statements about Kubrows being null-and-voided. It's simply false.

Are you for real? Sunika and Sahasa one shotting level 135 enemies? One of those once in a life time experiences? Also regaining puny 75 energy between waves lol? Zenurik and infinite energy pads are in the game.

At the moment Kubrows in general have very crappy situation. For Kavats you don't have to worry about the breed as those mods I mentioned in the OP work for both of the Kavats (and every new Kavat they might introduce). Kubrows in general have NO exclusive mods that are useful (they do have few race specific ones that are alright, but that's not the point).

Not to mention that both Kavats have great race specific skills as well.

1 hour ago, Judqment8 said:

Pounce, Sense Danger, Sharpened Claws and Swipe are all excellent mods and they only exist exclusively for Kavats. If DE cares about the Kubrows at all then they should make Kubrow versions of the aforementioned mods or just simply let Kubrows use the same mods right off the bat.

Kubrows themselves only have one exclusive mod and that is Hastened Deflection which is a crappy mod anyway. So yeah, at the moment there is simply no reason to use Kubrows at all.

I don't agree with Kubrows being useless, but I do feel like it is a bit unfair to Kubrows, that they have less mods. I don't think the current Kavat-exclusive mods are a good fit for Kubrows (except Sense Danger), rather they should introduce some new and innovative Kubrow-exclusive mods.

2 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

Kubrows already have a great stash of kill mods. It takes a lot of work to get them there, but they can indeed wreck things. Mine one shots stuff in raids and survives longer than my valkyr. Then again 9 formas may have been overkill

That is true, I also forma'd my Kubrow 7 or 8 times and he can wreck things like crazy, but the point Judqment8 is trying to bring across is, that all those mods are also available to Kavats. When DE first talked about Kavat mods, it sounded as if mods like Bite and Maul will not be available to Kavats, but they are now that they arrived. Aside from "Hastened Deflection" and the race-specific mods, there are no Kubrow-exclusives.

1 minute ago, BLUEPH30N1X said:

I don't agree with Kubrows being useless, but I do feel like it is a bit unfair to Kubrows, that they have less mods. I don't think the current Kavat-exclusive mods are a good fit for Kubrows (except Sense Danger), rather they should introduce some new and innovative Kubrow-exclusive mods.

That is true, I also forma'd my Kubrow 7 or 8 times and he can wreck things like crazy, but the point Judqment8 is trying to bring across is, that all those mods are also available to Kavats. When DE first talked about Kavat mods, it sounded as if mods like Bite and Maul will not be available to Kavats, but they are now that they arrived. Aside from "Hastened Deflection" and the race-specific mods, there are no Kubrow-exclusives.

I think however there is still quite the difference. With my Maul mod my kavat only has 330 damage. Whereas my Kubrow has 1300. Quite the difference in the two. Feels like I made a mistake formaing my cat for damage now. That 1000 damage difference is rather huge when looking at the cooldowns of the cats attack skills

1 minute ago, LuckyCharm said:

I think however there is still quite the difference. With my Maul mod my kavat only has 330 damage. Whereas my Kubrow has 1300. Quite the difference in the two. Feels like I made a mistake formaing my cat for damage now. That 1000 damage difference is rather huge when looking at the cooldowns of the cats attack skills

I know what you mean, but if you compare the damage as the codex says it (Kavat 80, Kubrow 120) and then add Maul and Bite to that, you get that Kavats do 2000 effective damage and Kubrows only 1430 (with crit factored in, Kavats have double crit chance and more crit dmg). I'm still unsure why the codex says something different about Kubrow damage than arsenal, that's why the Kavat damage may be higher as it seems too.

8 hours ago, Judqment8 said:

Are you for real? Sunika and Sahasa one shotting level 135 enemies? One of those once in a life time experiences? Also regaining puny 75 energy between waves lol? Zenurik and infinite energy pads are in the game.

Blah blah blah. I use Zenny and large energy restores like crazy, but sometimes teammates aren't around when I use them. You're just straight saying that energy orbs et al are useless. That has nothing to do with Kubrows at this point.

Also, once in a lifetime? You clearly haven't used a Sunika/Sahasa for any length of time. It happens so often I eventually removed my Kubrow when trying to level weapons because she wouldn't STOP one-shotting everything. The finisher attack has virtually zero cooldown. The only thing that this doesn't happen on frequently is Juggernauts, and even then, it can still one-shot even those.

You're utterly absurd.

My problem is that I don't have anymore slot for Kavat's exclusive mods. Two ability mods, bite, maul, animal instinct, shelter, pack leader, link shield, armor, health. Done, 10 slots. I wish there are two more slots or that two ability mods can be built in. 

On 7/12/2016 at 2:41 PM, BLUEPH30N1X said:

So you are saying that a mod that increases their melee range doesn't fit for Kubrows. Or an attack mod that stuns the enemies? The stun fits much better to a Kubrow than a Kavat.

My suggestion would be "Pounce" to be moved to Kubrow exclusive, Sense Danger for both, Swipe for both and Sharpened Claws remain Kavat exclusive.

17 hours ago, DiosGX said:

Blah blah blah. I use Zenny and large energy restores like crazy, but sometimes teammates aren't around when I use them. You're just straight saying that energy orbs et al are useless. That has nothing to do with Kubrows at this point.

Also, once in a lifetime? You clearly haven't used a Sunika/Sahasa for any length of time. It happens so often I eventually removed my Kubrow when trying to level weapons because she wouldn't STOP one-shotting everything. The finisher attack has virtually zero cooldown. The only thing that this doesn't happen on frequently is Juggernauts, and even then, it can still one-shot even those.

You're utterly absurd.

Yeah sure, dig only happens when you are out of combat so it's technically only useful on ONE game mode. Also Kubrows one shotting enemies regularly is just a waste. You'd be better off with a Kavat and kill "everything" yourself. Not to mention that Kavats kill stuff too.

I have no problem with taking a Kavat with me which is overall more useful than any Kubrow. If DE cares about the Kubrows then they will give them some unique mods as well to compete with the Kavats. Also I never said that Kubrows are completely useless, I just pointed out that the current state is simply unfair and Kavats are all around better.

Saying that two Kubrows have an ability to one shot an enemy every now and then is nothing. Kavats are always useful and they do well in every situation.

3 hours ago, Judqment8 said:

So you are saying that a mod that increases their melee range doesn't fit for Kubrows. Or an attack mod that stuns the enemies? The stun fits much better to a Kubrow than a Kavat.

My suggestion would be "Pounce" to be moved to Kubrow exclusive, Sense Danger for both, Swipe for both and Sharpened Claws remain Kavat exclusive.

Seeing that every Kubrow already has a cc ability, I don't think Pounce is a good idea for Kubrows (especially since Sunika and Sahasa already do almost the same).

Swipe may be fitting for Kubrows, but Huras already has an AOE attack and kavats are more agile and deserve the mod IMO more.

Just now, BLUEPH30N1X said:

Seeing that every Kubrow already has a cc ability, I don't think Pounce is a good idea for Kubrows (especially since Sunika and Sahasa already do almost the same).

Swipe may be fitting for Kubrows, but Huras already has an AOE attack and kavats are more agile and deserve the mod IMO more.

So because Huras has an AoE attack then all the Kavats deserve it, but not the Kubrows? And just because Kubrows alreayd have "CC" ability doesn't mean that an additional stun attack would hurt, not to mention that you still have to equip it to use it.

I don't get your reasoning as Kavats get all these mods as a bonus. The Kubrow ones are race locked and are their only abilities.

3 minutes ago, Judqment8 said:

So because Huras has an AoE attack then all the Kavats deserve it, but not the Kubrows? And just because Kubrows alreayd have "CC" ability doesn't mean that an additional stun attack would hurt, not to mention that you still have to equip it to use it.

I don't get your reasoning as Kavats get all these mods as a bonus. The Kubrow ones are race locked and are their only abilities.

What I mean is that releasing a mod that another Kubrow race basically already has would be a disadvantage for said Kubrow race. And yes, another CC ability wouldn't hurt, but I personally wouldn't put in the stun together with any race-specific cc, because it wastes a mod slot IMO.

On 7/12/2016 at 10:05 PM, DiosGX said:

You're utterly absurd.

I just ran few missions with my Sunika and Sahasa and them using the finisher attack was a very rare sight. Like seriously. Also trying to get them execute the move in Simulacrum seems to be impossible too.

I think you are being absurd if you value the Savagery/Ferocity that much.

8 hours ago, Judqment8 said:

Yeah sure, dig only happens when you are out of combat so it's technically only useful on ONE game mode. Also Kubrows one shotting enemies regularly is just a waste. You'd be better off with a Kavat and kill "everything" yourself. Not to mention that Kavats kill stuff too.

I have no problem with taking a Kavat with me which is overall more useful than any Kubrow. If DE cares about the Kubrows then they will give them some unique mods as well to compete with the Kavats. Also I never said that Kubrows are completely useless, I just pointed out that the current state is simply unfair and Kavats are all around better.

Saying that two Kubrows have an ability to one shot an enemy every now and then is nothing. Kavats are always useful and they do well in every situation.

Towards the bottom there: "In every situation." That's the best point to take away. Right now, there is a breed of Kubrow whose full use is only seen on one mission type. Raksa, our supposed bodyguard doesn't do as good a job tanking as a Kavat that makes a Loki clone that draws fire away. Sahasa, meh, Chesa, meh, Huras are pretty much the only useful at all times Kubrow and even then, they don't do nearly as well in combat as a Kavat.

On 7/13/2016 at 2:20 PM, Judqment8 said:

I just ran few missions with my Sunika and Sahasa and them using the finisher attack was a very rare sight. Like seriously. Also trying to get them execute the move in Simulacrum seems to be impossible too.

I think you are being absurd if you value the Savagery/Ferocity that much.

Dunno what to tell you about that. Maybe it's because I actually love my doge so she performs better for me. o3o

Edited by DiosGX

At the end of the day, for me, playing with what we actually wanted to play and how we wanted to play would be the thing with companions lol

This does this and that does that at the end of another day is only a limitation keeping us away sometimes of what kind of companion we would actually like to have at our side in battle lol

We can play with kubrows, kavats, sentinels etc but lets be honests lol Some will allways have betther versatility or "stuff" then the ones we actually wanted to use lol

Edited by xxfiurionxx