Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Giving the new Void a purpose

Inarticulate

I'm personally a fan of the new Void Relic system. It's significantly more flexible than the previous Void drop system, and it's significantly easier to get the item you're looking for.

The problem is that now the Void and the Orokin Derelict kind of feel a bit left out. The Derelict still has the Orokin Vaults and feral Kavats, but there's now really no incentive to run Derelict Defense or Derelict Survival. The Void is now even worse off in that it's basically been reduced to a source of Argon Crystal and not much more.

Some people miss the thrill and camaraderie of running long Defense and long Survival in the Void. The joy of finally getting the part you were looking for. The disappointment of getting yet another Forma Blueprint.

Here's what I think.

The Void should now be the preeminent source of Void Relics, but not just ordinary Void Relics. Void Relics obtained from the Void (or Derelict) should come already refined. After all, we retrieved them from the Void itself.

Endless Void missions should drop a guaranteed Radiant Void Relic an Exceptional or Flawless Void Relic on rotation C with a small chance (perhaps around 20%) of a Radiant Void Relic. Non-endless missions and other rotations should drop refined Void Relics with a chance of being Radiant Exceptional Void Relics among other non-Void-Relic rewards.

Enemies in the Void should drop Void Traces as an uncommon or rare resource, and the inventory cap for Void Traces should be increased.

To compensate, Void Relics obtained from the star chart will have only their Era determined when rewarded. After extracting from the mission, the player would be able to select the type of relic (e.g. "N2") either from the entire list within that Era or from a randomly generated subset of two or three relics from that Era.

This way, the Void would allow you to farm for large quantities of pre-refined relics, whereas the star chart would allow you to target specific relics you are searching for.

Edited by Inarticulate
Updates based on suggestions

I love the void suggestion.

Not so certain on the star chart, choosing a relic, front. I doubt DE would be inclined to implement that. At the moment the main grind now seems to be relic farming (especially if 8 entire types of relic were mysteriously ignored by your account) and this change would do away with that grind.

Edited by DeMonkey

I will be honest, I think its a bad idea. Rewards of the void are already ez to get, if you start getting refined relics; people will get all the prime parts and no one will use the relics anymore unless they release another prime frame.

The market is already collapsing with how ez is to get prime frames / weapons (Ash prime set for 100 - 50 platinum). Getting refined relics will kill the market, kill any reason to do any kind of void mission and kill prime bundles.

I am 80% with this idea. The 20% not being there, is because RADIANT Relics being dropped means a way more easier prime part farming, and you know what that means (Like NecromancerX69 mentioned).

Also, we'd completely forget about refining our Void Relics by ourselves and just get to spam-running void missions for them.

Perhaps just give a guaranteed Exceptional Relic on every 2nd Rotation C? We could change that Rotation to be named as Rotation D? 

It still doesn't solve the issue that Fissures are the most repetitive thing in this game now--and they're really not even fun. From a rewards only standpoint, they are an improvement over the old system, but from a gameplay perspective, they are an brutal kick in the nuts.

17 hours ago, (PS4)ShiroPhyla said:

I'm unaware of what radiant relics are, but as long as the rare resource drop from void enemies is actually rare, unlike a certain "rare" void resource... cough, cough, then I'm with you on the rest of this

Radiant Void Relics are the highest possible refinement you can refine a relic to. They have a 10% chance of dropping the rare drop and the remaining 90% is equally distributed among the 3 common and 2 uncommon drops.

17 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

I love the void suggestion.

Not so certain on the star chart, choosing a relic, front. I doubt DE would be inclined to implement that. At the moment the main grind now seems to be relic farming (especially if 8 entire types of relic were mysteriously ignored by your account) and this change would do away with that grind.

If each relic received from the star chart had a set Era and gave you a choice from 2 or 3 randomly selected relic types from the current pool (of 7 or 8 depending on the Era), would that perhaps be a bit more balanced?

17 hours ago, NecromancerX69 said:

I will be honest, I think its a bad idea. Rewards of the void are already ez to get, if you start getting refined relics; people will get all the prime parts and no one will use the relics anymore unless they release another prime frame.

The market is already collapsing with how ez is to get prime frames / weapons (Ash prime set for 100 - 50 platinum). Getting refined relics will kill the market, kill any reason to do any kind of void mission and kill prime bundles.

17 hours ago, LunarEdge7 said:

I am 80% with this idea. The 20% not being there, is because RADIANT Relics being dropped means a way more easier prime part farming, and you know what that means (Like NecromancerX69 mentioned).

Also, we'd completely forget about refining our Void Relics by ourselves and just get to spam-running void missions for them.

Perhaps just give a guaranteed Exceptional Relic on every 2nd Rotation C? We could change that Rotation to be named as Rotation D? 

Point taken.

I don't think the falling price of Prime items in the market is a particularly bad thing. It's simply reflecting the change in supply. On the other hand, farming Ducats has gotten more difficult now that all of the items worth 50 Ducats are rare drops (and I'm almost certain that there were a few 50-Ducat items that were uncommon in the previous drop tables considering how many of them I got from T2 Capture).

I think it's a bit underwhelming to give only an Exceptional Relic every other Rotation C. Perhaps if Rotation C gave a split of Exceptional and Flawless Relics with a small (around 20%) chance of a Radiant Relic.

Rotations A and B and non-endless missions would then have Intact and Exceptional Relics among other non-Void-Relic rewards.

7 hours ago, FrostDragoon said:

It still doesn't solve the issue that Fissures are the most repetitive thing in this game now--and they're really not even fun. From a rewards only standpoint, they are an improvement over the old system, but from a gameplay perspective, they are an brutal kick in the nuts.

This isn't meant to solve the issue with Void Fissures being repetitive; it's specifically to make the now-unimpressive Void into something that is still relevant to the game.

Void Fissures are still a feature in its infancy. It has plenty of opportunities to grow into a more engaging system.

Edited by Inarticulate

Just now, Inarticulate said:

If each relic received from the star chart had a set Era and gave you a choice from 2 or 3 randomly selected relic types from the current pool (of 7 or 8 depending on the Era), would that perhaps be a bit more balanced?

I'd say so yeah. That I could see being implemented.

I dunno about making refined relics guaranteed drops, because I feel like that would just make everyone go back to spending all their time farming void missions for RNG-riddled drops like before the update, with only brief interludes using fissures.

Void traces being a normal resource sounds good, though.

16 hours ago, AlakiNuva said:

I dunno about making refined relics guaranteed drops, because I feel like that would just make everyone go back to spending all their time farming void missions for RNG-riddled drops like before the update, with only brief interludes using fissures.

Void traces being a normal resource sounds good, though.

The point is that farming in the Void would give you refined relics, but you'd have virtually no say in what kind of refined relic you got. Good for Ducat farming, but not so much for targeting that one particular Prime part you're looking for.

On the other hand, farming star chart missions would give you unrefined relics, but you'd have a better chance of getting the particular relic containing the Prime part you're looking for.