Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you guys feel about the Mutalist Cernos?

Seir

Question

fG4d0Mz.jpg

I just got it, and I wanted to know if it was worth adding a forma to it. I know the Rakta Cernos is a billion times better, or so it seems, but this is what I got now lol. So what are your opinions on it? 

20 answers to this question

2 hours ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

Rakta Cernos is indeed a billion times better, with a better crit chance, faster (the fastest among all bows) charge rate, faster flight time, more damage, and a syndicate Proc. 

I figured but I am only mastery rank 9 so I can't get it yet. 

3 hours ago, Naftal said:

It's nice for killing Nullifiers but unfortunately the cloud damage can't get enough multipliers so you can't oneshot sortie nullifiers anymore.

I haven't done sorties yet. I don't feel I am strong enough to be able to. 

3 hours ago, pauli133 said:

It's a decent weapon with a unique mechanic. If you like using it, forma away!

Are there better bows? Yes. Is that a reason to not enjoy this one? No.

Will keep that in mind. I always loved the Cernos, even before all of the syndicate weapons. Back in update 10. 

3 hours ago, Terraziel said:

Personally I disliked the fact that the cloud has an annoying habit of alarming nearby enemies, and if you want to use bows for stealth that is a pretty fatal flaw.

I noticed that earlier when I was trying to get my stealth multiplier very high, 

Im currently releveling mine and is pretty decent against armored units, the toxin DoT has a chance of a proc of your installed elemental combos, with corrosive is pretty good to strip armor.

Despite only having like 37% critical chance with mods, a critical build can work just fine because the DoT can crit and benefit from headshots if you stick an arrow on a enemy head, also, with split chamber is 37% chance per arrow, thats not bad at all.

Ive done some tests on the simulacrum and against a corrupted heavy unit the crit build takes less time to kill them, about 5-6 arrows in the head modded for corrosive.

There is also a good combo i like to use to take away armor on high level units, stick some arrows on the enemy to proc corrosive over time and shot the enemy with the tysis with a corrosive + viral + heat build, works pretty decent.

Edited by Rhaenxys

As a Toxin cloud spreader, not so good. As a bow, not so good. But a weapon to keep because of it's unique mechanic.

I'd prefer Torid if I want to spread clouds, and Paris Prime/Dread/Rakta Cernos if I want a bow.

But as others have said, keep it if you like, and if I must say, Forma it if you love it.

Mutalist Cernos is quite useful when you need to inflict procs on multiple targets at once. If you build it for high reload speed (yes, seriously) and shoot uncharged at max speed, it can prove devastating... In some circumstances. Kinda like a weaker, but much faster Torid. Probably most useful when built for viral+electric.

Edited by LABAL

On 7/15/2016 at 8:14 AM, cob_metallica said:

mutalist cernos is nice for spore saryn, it auto destroy spores you put on your effigy

Mutalist Cernos in the hands of Sayrn is a thing of beauty.  You can cast molt, and then shoot the ground with an arrow for a toxic gas trap to spread spores like crazy.  You don't even have to forma it to have excellent results with Saryn.  I would even say it beats the Hikou Prime/Concealed Explosives combo.  Please bare in mind that I'm not a Saryn master like some others.  So a true Saryn player will probably have massively better results with it than I did.  :D