Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The main problem right now: there's nothing to do

widenose

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 8:49 PM, blackheartstar_pc said:

As are many players.

Many more are not.

If you don't have any sticktoitiveness, well, no one can really help you.

I've been here over three years and I have plenty to do. I just don't plan on doing it all yesterday.

Much as I live the game play...yeah, we NEED an end game beyond acquiring more stuff.

Raids are a terrible, boring, repetitive slog. Grab a well geared team, stand around spamming CC and solving awful puzzles the same way every run.

Sorties are a damage sponge infested, cc so fest with awful, diluted rewards relying on the same missions we are bored of, but with bigger health bars. Yay.

We need well balanced, dynamic end game content. Hopefully the dark sector changes mentioned recently deliver this...

From what you wrote, you simply don't like the game's core concept in general. It's fine, not every game is for everyone.

"80% of the starchart is filler to begin with". This has always been like that, and this is the case with many MMORPG games. Not 100% of the WoW map is "useful". And this is a WoW-kinda game. Accept it and move on.

1 hour ago, at35z said:

From what you wrote, you simply don't like the game's core concept in general. It's fine, not every game is for everyone.

[ ..] Accept it and move on.

Bait much ?

"I love this game - thats why I invested 3 years into it. With the latest changes, they took a big part of my personal "fun-zone" away. And alot of people feeling the same. I want the developers to notice and fix that - so I can continue to support them."

Your "eat it" argument is nothing but baiting.

Edited by Lazarus-Fox

To me, I feel like there is so much to do now after the update. Before the update I used to get bored to so fast from playing the same void everyday (even though I miss the endless missions now) and I took a break after Vauban prime came out. If they bring back farming more than one prime part in one mission that would be perfect for me. Other than that :thumbup:

10 hours ago, at35z said:

"80% of the starchart is filler to begin with". This has always been like that, and this is the case with many MMORPG games. Not 100% of the WoW map is "useful". And this is a WoW-kinda game. Accept it and move on.

If I enjoy the game, then start enjoying it less as a direct result of changes made to the game, you have to actually present some kind of argument as to why that's on me.

There's a gigantic difference between 80% filler and 99% filler. It doesn't matter how much filler there is (as long as there's some, since having the right amount of filler is actually preferable to no filler), it matters how much non-filler there is. There could be 50 filler planets and I wouldn't care because I could just ignore them. I care how much non-filler there is, since it's now lacking in that.

9 hours ago, blueVIP said:

To me, I feel like there is so much to do now after the update. Before the update I used to get bored to so fast from playing the same void everyday (even though I miss the endless missions now) and I took a break after Vauban prime came out. If they bring back farming more than one prime part in one mission that would be perfect for me. Other than that :thumbup:

Then provide some examples. The only new content is rail challenges and bosses (something you do once then never again) and void fissures gets old fast. Oh, and "go scan a bunch of cats". Meanwhile the game made tons of endless content pretty much pointless.

But I agree, if they could adapt the new system such that you could do a longer, more challenging mission for multiple rewards, it would fix the main issue at hand.

13 hours ago, Drakenreiter said:

If you say so... I for one have plenty to do in the game right now. The Specters update added the kind of content that I wanted and freshened up the game.

Again, provide examples, because I'm not seeing any except as listed above.

11 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

Many more are not.

If you don't have any sticktoitiveness, well, no one can really help you.

I've been here over three years and I have plenty to do. I just don't plan on doing it all yesterday.

I've sunk 10k hours into some games, so that's not the issue. If a game doesn't get old, I stick with it.

Also go look at steamcharts, the game's daily player peak was already down to pre-SotR levels about a week ago. Not trying to spread doom and gloom here, just realism.

Also, this is a catch-22: if someone quits, people will say that they don't have enough perseverance. If they stick with it, they'll say "well if you're still playing it, the game can't be that bad". So blaming it on the player when the player enjoyed it before the patch is not an argument.

15 hours ago, AzureTerra said:

So because you not being "rewarded" every 5 minutes you don't like to play these missions anymore. That's a problem you have and not one with the game. Still a lot to do and really if there not a lot for you to do the stop and have a break

You mean I'm pointing out that if a mission has a good challenge+reward, that removing that reward negatively impacts the enjoyment of the mission? Same issue as the first quoted poster, you're pinning the problem on me while making no argument as to why.

Better yet (and thus goes for all of the above posters, and anyone else who disagrees), explain how, in isolation, the neutering of endless void missions is a good thing, given that if someone disliked them they were free to simply buy the items with plat instead. Yes, there may be some good parts of the update (e.g. Kavats, since it would by hypocritical to complain about more content), but the pseudo-removal of endless void missions is the main issue. I would have no issue if they introduced new stuff in tandem with endless stuff.

Edited by widenose

15 hours ago, widenose said:

If I enjoy the game, then start enjoying it less as a direct result of changes made to the game, you have to actually present some kind of argument as to why that's on me.

[...]

Better yet (and thus goes for all of the above posters, and anyone else who disagrees),explain how, in isolation, the neutering of endless void missions is a good thing, [..]

Im curious on how thoose arguments will look like. Theres one pro-Fissure argument: LOOT, and LOOT only.
And guess whats the main argument for "hating" endless void ? Time spent for RNG rewards - or: LOOT, and LOOT only.
I see a pattern.

Vets and thoose who enjoyed endless missions and the fun that came with them, talk about missing content that goes BEYOND prime farming - and you simply mark us as "whiners". Or - bring arguments like "I know, change is scary" without adressing any of the points we make.
Yes, theres always a big outcry if updates change core mechanics, but please dont be blind DE - and notice how much you hurt your game and the veterans who supported you for so many years.

Edited by Lazarus-Fox

You worry too much about what others do.

I play because i'm having fun. Period. When it ceases to be fun, I'll do something else.

I don't even begin to give a S#&$ what the Steam charts say. They don't affect my decisions one way or another. This is all aside from the fact that a very significant percentage of the community doesn't use Steam as a gaming portal for WF.

I don't see the void as being abandoned as a permanent thing. It's not as significant now as it was before the change, but before the change 95% of the starchart was superfluous--now it's not. I think DE does need to do something to make the void attractive as a spot to go to and some void-only resources would go a ways to do that. I personally would like to see it figure more into storyline missions and lore content, but we'll see.

Claiming that there's "nothing to do" because there's no longer an incentive to do endless void runs and factory farming nodes got nerfed, is laughable; there wasn't really anything to do before SOTR either, if you look at it that way.   If you don't like Warframe's gameplay or are burnt out on it, then you should take a break for a while or wait for the next event/content update.  

I must agree.

Before void fissure has been introduced, I used to run void endless mission for some prime parts/ducats farm. And for fun.

Even though I already had all primes I need, but the old endless void missions were fun and challenging at high level.

"The longer you fight, the more successful we will be".

I do miss that.

On 7/21/2016 at 8:12 PM, pauli133 said:

I'm not sure how you get to a point where there's "nothing to do", but you still care about credits.

He's talking about a time/reward thing because I'm in the same situation.  I'd love to take time to farm credits, but with sechura being nerfed, is that time really worth it?

6 hours ago, RealPandemonium said:

Claiming that there's "nothing to do" because there's no longer an incentive to do endless void runs and factory farming nodes got nerfed, is laughable; there wasn't really anything to do before SOTR either, if you look at it that way.   If you don't like Warframe's gameplay or are burnt out on it, then you should take a break for a while or wait for the next event/content update.  

Again, dodging the core argument. In a vacuum, if you had the decision to neuter the void or not (there's no reason it can't be parallel with the new system, either with a disjoint loot table or overlapping), would you choose to or not? If you would, then why? And if you hated it that much, what was stopping you from just buying the prime parts you wanted with plat?

Not to mention, saying "there wasn't anything to do before" is a total non-argument, because void was clearly something to do before.

I feel like a broken record, but it's because nobody's bothering to refute the real argument here.

It's one thing to get burnt out of the game to the point where you take breaks between updates. It's another thing to be actively repelled by an update.

Yea, this isn't really leading us anywhere..

Thoose who agree, agree on the point that Vets need challenging + rewarding content again.
Thoose who disagree, basically tell the others to stop playing.

*sigh*

Edited by Lazarus-Fox

3 minutes ago, Lazarus-Fox said:

Yea, this isn't really leading us anywhere..

Thoose who agree, agree on the point that Vets need challenging + rewarding content again.
Thoose who disagree, basically tell the others to stop playing.

*sigh*

the warframe community in a nutshell

58 minutes ago, aerosoul1337 said:

It doesn't change anything :U

Well if they don't change something out of the needless derogatory changes they are making I'm sure I'm not the only paying player leaving permanently. If they don't have something worthwhile/meaningful  attached to endless before Nekros Prime leaves PA the game is deleted.

Edited by blackheartstar_pc

19 hours ago, blackheartstar_pc said:

Was really hoping today's update would fix this.

- “Endless” Void Fissure missions are now truly endless with the exception of Defense and Interception.
"Yet we forgot to make it rewarding to stay more than 5 minutes into it. Oops. We basically just removed the countdown-timer."

There are so many and easy ways to make endless missions rewarding again - without going back to the "Prime part every 5 minutes".
So many players suggested things that could be easy implemented:

- Void Traces for every additional reactant that you pick up, or scaling with time played in the mission.
- Resources for every additional reactant that you pick up, or scaling with time played in the mission.
- Increased chance for Deathsquads for every additional reactant that you pick up, or scaling with time played in the mission.
- Credits for every additional reactant that you pick up, or scaling with time played in the mission.
(2k Credit Caches for lvl 40-60 survivals as a reward ? Same with common mods like Vitality. Do you really think they feel rewarding?)
- Increased reputation for every additional reactant that you pick up, or scaling with time played in the mission.

You know where this is heading - there are so many currencies and resources in this game - rewards scaling with time on endless missions is a simple solution to provide content for players who enjoy missions longer than a 2 minute rush to the objective.

One last question to you, DE:
Why make fissures alerts and force them on specific missions and tilesets in the first place ? With Fissures 2.0 this seems simply - unnecessary.
Let us pick a mission - and let us decide if we want to add fissures in it by using/not using a relic ?
(The lowest "Tier" Relic "Lith" would be for Mercury, Venus, Earth - for example. Just split the Eras among the planets.)
Stop putting prime farming into niche missions, and make USE of your StarChart !

Edited by Lazarus-Fox

28 minutes ago, Lazarus-Fox said:

- “Endless” Void Fissure missions are now truly endless with the exception of Defense and Interception.
"Yet we forgot to make it rewarding to stay more than 5 minutes into it. Oops. We basically just removed the countdown-timer."

There are so many and easy ways to make endless missions rewarding again - without going back to the "Prime part every 5 minutes".
So many players suggested things that could be easy implemented:

- Void Traces for every additional reactant that you pick up, or scaling with time played in the mission.
- Resources for every additional reactant that you pick up, or scaling with time played in the mission.
- Increased chance for Deathsquads for every additional reactant that you pick up, or scaling with time played in the mission.
- Credits for every additional reactant that you pick up, or scaling with time played in the mission.
(2k Credit Caches for lvl 40-60 survivals as a reward ? Same with common mods like Vitality. Do you really think they feel rewarding?)
- Increased reputation for every additional reactant that you pick up, or scaling with time played in the mission.

You know where this is heading - there are so many currencies and resources in this game - rewards scaling with time on endless missions is a simple solution to provide content for players who enjoy missions longer than a 2 minute rush to the objective.

One last question to you, DE:
Why make fissures alerts and force them on specific missions and tilesets in the first place ? With Fissures 2.0 this seems simply - unnecessary.
Let us pick a mission - and let us decide if we want to add fissures in it by using/not using a relic ?
(The lowest "Tier" Relic "Lith" would be for Mercury, Venus, Earth - for example. Just split the Eras among the planets.)
Stop putting prime farming into niche missions, and make USE of your StarChart !

+1  Excellent suggestions.

Though regarding the 'make any mission a fissure mission' idea very cool but I have one reservation about that.  My assumption is that if they give the players full control over where to fissure then a strategy will soon evolve to maximize results for one and only one mission or mission type.  Thus making things Draco-level repetitive very quickly.

9 minutes ago, Don_T_Shoot said:

+1  Excellent suggestions.

Though regarding the 'make any mission a fissure mission' idea very cool but I have one reservation about that.  My assumption is that if they give the players full control over where to fissure then a strategy will soon evolve to maximize results for one and only one mission or mission type.  Thus making things Draco-level repetitive very quickly.

Im actually not so sure about that - due to how Fissures 2.0 work. Enemy group = Fissure = Reactant drop. And getting 10 reactants is fairly easy/fast anyway. Maybe Defense missions would have a more dense/time enemy spawn?
Everyones going for the Capture Fissure now anyway - Players will always find efficiency, you cant really control that.

Edited by Lazarus-Fox