Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe: Medieval or, Stick to the Ninja Theme

(PSN)bddacres

In a earlier DEvstream the Devs desribed the tenno as hightech knights. This idea of the tenno really stuck with me and I enjoyed this idea more than the fact that we are ninjas. Personally I enjoy the more european fantasy design on items(rhino deluxe skin bundle,oberon deluxe skin bundle). Not saying I'm a estiny fanboy( as i play both games but, enjoy warframe a tadbit more) but, something i enjoy is the cool fur and mail armor. I'm not someone who would request a complete makeover of the warframe concept as i enjoy themes such as :

Spoiler

c3893648a747a87955729204be101d72.png

However, I would like to know what the community's viewpoint on which design theme of warframe works best. 

1 minute ago, AdunSaveMe said:

I enjoy whatever looks cool. It all generally fits the same design.

Trying to limit it to fit with some arbitrary tag line would never work anyway.

True, but what i am referring to mostly is the lack of fantasy themed weapons. i.e broadblade, long bows, giant shield( i play too much DS lol)

I think there are more western elements than eastern ingame. I mean the poster boy is a knight. The only frames that scream Asian are the China Frames and Ash. If anything we need more non western elements (not just ninja,.,,,there are tons of other cultures to draw upon). Even the original opening theme of a Japanese drum track is rarely if ever used anymore.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

True, but what i am referring to mostly is the lack of fantasy themed weapons. i.e broadblade, long bows, giant shield( i play too much DS lol)

We have fantasy-themed weapons. They just don't tend to be generic medieval swords, because that would be boring.

Just now, AdunSaveMe said:

We have fantasy-themed weapons. They just don't tend to be generic medieval swords, because that would be boring.

Well i disagree somewhat. I would have Preferred Galatine Prime be a flat blade rather than a thinner blade. However i understand weapon variety is necessary

8 minutes ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

Also very true, but as broad as fantasy is would even just making deluxe skins be an issue

I'm not saying that fantasy themed deluxe skins would be bad, some more fantasy themed deluxe skins would be awesome(Knight Excalibur anyone?). My point was more that Warframe incorporates a variety to themes in influences in it's design which is one of the things that I like about it.

It's pretty specifically multi-cultural, anything goes really, it's just a matter of time.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

Well i disagree somewhat. I would have Preferred Galatine Prime be a flat blade rather than a thinner blade. However i understand weapon variety is necessary

C'mon, look no further then the gram for the coolest techno-fantasy broadsword ever.

Knight Excal agreed! I also like that the frames themselves draw from various mythologies. Maybe the nova skin just put a sour taste in my mouth after the previous great deluxe skins. However please continue to voice your opinion!(to the rest of the thread.

4 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

It's pretty specifically multi-cultural, anything goes really, it's just a matter of time.

C'mon, look no further then the gram for the coolest techno-fantasy broadsword ever.

Oh how i want gram prime so bad.

Also i kinda a want  true Nordic frame or deluxe skin. Loki and valkyr are ok but, i forget that they have any relation to Nordic culture

Edited by (PS4)bddacres

1 hour ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

War, Daikyu, Galatine, Sword and Board, and Jat Kittag Palatine would like a word with you.

44 minutes ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

? Real swords were quite thin. You don't want a big thick blade that weighs so much you are going to be tired from a few swings. Most 2 great swords in real life were around the 7lb range.

I personally dislike fantasy sword design that's too fat as it makes swords look clumsy and ugly. Galantine looks better than a lot of other fantasy swords, I like it.

Edited by Oishii

3 minutes ago, Oishii said:

? Real swords were quite thin. You don't want a big thick blade that weighs so much you are going to be tired from a few swings. Most 2 great swords in real life were around the 7lb range.

I personally dislike fantasy sword design, the swords are often too fat and look ugly and clumsy. Thinner blades look much more elegant. Galantime Prime is probably one of the better proportioned two-handers.

I am well versed in european military technology and feudal culture but, if you've ever seen Berserk and seen Guts swing that blade you got to admit it would be cool to have a flat blade in warframe.