Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros change not included in SotR 13

ENGINEEEEER

So nothing in the patch notes about the proposed nekros change. According to the devstream and devstream summary it was to be included in the next hotfix. Any idea why the delay?

Devstream 77 summary

UPDATE

From the just released devstream summary:

https://warframe.com/news/devstream-77-overview

"Nekros Desecrate

Nekros’ Desecrate is being made into a toggleable ability! Bodies within a certain radius of Nekros will drop that precious loot after remaining in the ability’s range for a few seconds. We are still working on the prototype, but ultimately it now allows for Nekros players do passively Desecrate the dead as they focus on other things, like making more things die!"

Edit: I rewatched the devstream and I couldn't find a stated release date for the nekros change. It may have been included in error. I was wrong to assume hotfix 13

Edited by ENGINEEEEER
Correction

2 minutes ago, ENGINEEEEER said:

So nothing in the patch notes about the proposed nekros change. According to the devstream and devstream summary it was to be included in the next hotfix. Any idea why the delay?

Devstream 77 summary

[DE]lay

That Dev Stream summary was created by another user on the forums, not a member of DE, so they wouldn't know if DE decided to change their release plans in regards to the Nekros rework.

I would guess that it might come with Nekros Prime, similar to how the minelayer rework came with Vauban Prime. 

Look at despoil, the mod text was changed to mention the upcoming nekros changes. Either the mod is in error or the lack of nekros changes are in error. Either way, possibly fixed next hotpatch. 

3 minutes ago, NovusNova said:

That Dev Stream summary was created by another user on the forums, not a member of DE, so they wouldn't know if DE decided to change their release plans in regards to the Nekros rework.

I would guess that it might come with Nekros Prime, similar to how the minelayer rework came with Vauban Prime. 

It is. Which is a little silly that we rely on the community for a timely devstream summary. 

I just want an acknowledgement or update as this makes nekros way more fun to play to me. 

1 minute ago, ENGINEEEEER said:

It is. Which is a little silly that we rely on the community for a timely devstream summary. 

I just want an acknowledgement or update as this makes nekros way more fun to play to me. 

even if summary was from community - its still from the stuff said in the devstream by devs.

4 minutes ago, ENGINEEEEER said:

Also I rarely see them making any specific promises, usually proposed changes are announced in open ended statements that they can't be liable for. Works for them I suppose. 

Personally I don't believe anything in WF until I actually see it happen. 

Edited by -Sandman

They just changed their mind in the just released devstream summary:

https://warframe.com/news/devstream-77-overview

" Nekros Desecrate

Nekros’ Desecrate is being made into a toggleable ability! Bodies within a certain radius of Nekros will drop that precious loot after remaining in the ability’s range for a few seconds. We are still working on the prototype, but ultimately it now allows for Nekros players do passively Desecrate the dead as they focus on other things, like making more things die!"

Edited by ENGINEEEEER
Formatting

49 minutes ago, Pyus said:

Look at despoil, the mod text was changed to mention the upcoming nekros changes. Either the mod is in error or the lack of nekros changes are in error. Either way, possibly fixed next hotpatch. 

Not too hard to overlook accidentally moving a text string change into production. They probably forgot to pull the new text string out of the patch when they realized they needed more time to work on the actual functionality.

Is this change actually a nerf, reducing his range to just the immediate area he is standing in?

If not, I suppose that it is a step in the right direction, as using meant not doing a whole lot else. It was very much a roleplaying thing, very much a support thing. Can't say my finger won't miss spamming the key, although the farmer in me will.

Will the active ability then be replaced?

7 minutes ago, WrathAscending said:

I thought I read that Desecrate was going to be a toggle that drained Health over time. Despoil changed the ability from Energy drain to Health drain as it was.

Rebecca was using a despoil build when showing the upcoming desecrate changes on the last Devstream, not hearing that, I can understand how people got confused and thought it was going to drain health.

Normal desecrate - Drain Energy over time.

Desecrate with Despoil - Drain Health over time.