Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valk is dead... Please revive her! [READ BEFORE THROWING SHADE]

RadriarTheGodKing

I've been seeing this complaint ever since her "Nerf" came out. Just because you don't know how to mod doesn't mean she is bad? I still am able to stay in hysteria for an entire game, without any issue. All you have to do is pick up energy orbs off of kills. And the decast near enemies and take the damage is balancing? I love the fact that hysteria is a drain now, Hysteria is all around better than what it once was, and if you can't see that maybe you're the problem.

Try this build and then come back to me and see if you're still complaining. She is ridiculously good.  And this isn't even the best build, considering she has no forma, you could easily minmax this build a lot better than I have.

ce4d7cdb8a.jpg

Edited by Phased-Aura

44 minutes ago, RadriarTheGodKing said:

Hysteria is all she really had though. Eternal War makes warcry viable, but that still makes her a 1 trick pony. Chroma outdoes paralyze nomatter how you look at it and ripline isnt a viable mobility anymore and its damage is well, we all know how weak it is...

even without her ripline valkyr is still very mobile, she may not be the fastest but she's still pretty quick. the fact that she's become a one trick pony means that she needs a full rework, something that will make her deserve the name berserker. 

2 hours ago, bejuizb said:

Melee berzerker playstyle has Valkyr at the top in terms of satisfaction. Melee tank, Trinity can do that for sure.

You don't understand, if you use hysteria as a life panic then you effectively would have a worse blessing, if used to be a tank... It's shirt lived in build not focused around it and builds that are are not that well atm 

Finally the only main plus is to revive others... But that in itself doesn't fit her theme functions or flow now does it 

Valkyr has been a hot topic for a while on her fourth. But until people on the forums get together and collectively admit  that valkyr 1,2,3 are completely terrible nothing will be done. It's about time people stop with their pretending. 

Edited by tripletriple

35 minutes ago, tripletriple said:

Valkyr has been a hot topic for a while on her fourth. But until people on the forums get together and collectively admit  that valkyr 1,2,3 are completely terrible nothing will be done. It's about time people stop with their pretending. 

only when people admit that both wukong and chroma have the same issue.

Wukong's only useful skill is defy, and Chromas best ability is vex armor, elemental ward is just alright and the ONLY thing saving his 4 is the 95% chance to have the pelt roar and stun enemies..  chromas 'breath attack' is novelty at best.

3 minutes ago, achromos said:

only when people admit that both wukong and chroma have the same issue.

Wukong's only useful skill is defy, and Chromas best ability is vex armor, elemental ward is just alright and the ONLY thing saving his 4 is the 95% chance to have the pelt roar and stun enemies..  chromas 'breath attack' is novelty at best.

I 100 % agree with your issues. In fact I've made threads trying to address both of those issues.  Until everyone is on the same page I fear it will never change. 

Edited by tripletriple

1 hour ago, (PS4)avatar-heart said:

You don't understand, if you use hysteria as a life panic then you effectively would have a worse blessing, if used to be a tank... It's shirt lived in build not focused around it and builds that are are not that well atm 

Finally the only main plus is to revive others... But that in itself doesn't fit her theme functions or flow now does it 

What you're not getting is that I'm talking about thematic enjoyment. Trinity is statistically better, but in the field, Valkyr feels better. 

5 hours ago, (PS4)avatar-heart said:

about 2.5-3 hours in the void

5 hours ago, (PS4)avatar-heart said:

lv 150-500'ish

"500'ish" is 140 minutes of survival. 3 hours would go over a thousand. I highly doubt you'll get much further than 120 minutes with Valkyr tbh.

valkyr needs hysteria  reworked/replaced

its nothing but cons, locks her to melee range, single target attacks ,doesnt give movement speed or anything , all it gives is damage imunity  for an extreme cost , it is bypassed by nullifiers,disruptors scrambus etc.

and warcry to give a percentage of Valkyr's total armor to allies 

Paralysis need to be able to cancel enemy actions  even with the augment  80% of the enemies ignore the damn ability  and that is excluding the  imune ones, on that note Paralysis Augment needs a more aggressive pull ,  i have to stomp like 3 times   to get enemies to accelerate properly towards me

after the nerf i discovered Overextended  and used that with  Paralysis augment and it is amazingly useful,  i mostly use against corpus because warcry  becomes useless thanks to nullifiers

Hysteria  is just a bad skill even if it drained 0.25 energy a second  , its just a boring annoying ability to use 

Edited by Retepzednem

8 hours ago, tripletriple said:

Then why did crashed hysteria, if it is 123 that are terrible? Valkyr has a choice, just like Chroma, to go 2 different ways. Its like they thinking 'lets nerf hysteria so it makes 123 look less bad'.

14 hours ago, RadriarTheGodKing said:

Her energy consumption is so much that channeling is impossible to do. Excal and Wukong dont have to worry about that, why not nerf them too? and leech eximuses make Hysteria useless. She needs to be restored.

Excal already got his nerf, as for Wukong, he doesn't need a nerf but needs a fix.

Her energy consumption is so much that channeling is impossible to do. Excal and Wukong dont have to worry about that, why not nerf them too? and leech eximuses make Hysteria useless. She needs to be restored.

Leech Eximus makes any drain skill very weak. Valkyr is irrelevant here.

Overall her abilities cant compare with Excalibur who is much better than her, and has essentially a ranged Hysteria. All Valk has is warcry and stun. Ripline isnt really worth an ability due to Movement 2.0

Excalibur has less damage and no invulnerability whatsoever. Ah, and before you mention Radial Blind, Valkyr can also combine with her buff for much higher damage.

3 hours ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Leech Eximus makes any drain skill very weak. Valkyr is irrelevant here.

Excalibur has less damage and no invulnerability whatsoever. Ah, and before you mention Radial Blind, Valkyr can also combine with her buff for much higher damage.

she cant blind enemies though. 

12 hours ago, tripletriple said:

this.

17 hours ago, Gurpgork said:

80 seconds is quite a long time to be absolutely impervious to damage. I'm pretty sure the devs have officially stated that you are not supposed to use Hysteria for an entire mission, and, in fact, you are only supposed to use it in dire situations. Most of which you should be able to get out of in far less than 80 seconds. 

so you are suggesting we should use a (hilariously)weak stun that requires overshield, a means of escape (for which in most situations you'll be better off bullet jumping anyway) and a melee buff? yeah that's totally a frame everyone would want to use.

16 hours ago, Phased-Aura said:

I've been seeing this complaint ever since her "Nerf" came out. Just because you don't know how to mod doesn't mean she is bad? I still am able to stay in hysteria for an entire game, without any issue. All you have to do is pick up energy orbs off of kills. And the decast near enemies and take the damage is balancing? I love the fact that hysteria is a drain now, Hysteria is all around better than what it once was, and if you can't see that maybe you're the problem.

Try this build and then come back to me and see if you're still complaining. She is ridiculously good.  And this isn't even the best build, considering she has no forma, you could easily minmax this build a lot better than I have.

ce4d7cdb8a.jpg

Again, it isnt that we cant get around it, It is that Valk has been nerfed below every other frame. Everything she does can be outdone by another frame now. Warcry is ok but not very necessary, Ripline is very weak and Parkour 2.0 makes it useless mobility wise, and paralyze doesnt even work all the time. Hysteria was her thing and she was fine before the nerf and now she is very lackluster, and aesthetically displeasing with the visible bubble. I feel like a hamster.

She is still useable, but people liked her for her power and since non valk users kept crying like babies, we have to suffer with a frame that can be easily outdone by other frames. She got bumped down a tier lower than just about every frame. You can put her into storage next to Mag now, since Excalibur is now going to take her role. All you need now is a blind followed by exalted blade and you basically have a ranged, better hysteria and nothing will attack you because they are blinded. Nerf Excal so much he isnt fun next why dont they.

Edited by RadriarTheGodKing

5 hours ago, maxedpotato said:

so you are suggesting we should use a (hilariously)weak stun that requires overshield, a means of escape (for which in most situations you'll be better off bullet jumping anyway) and a melee buff? yeah that's totally a frame everyone would want to use.

Okay, I have a few things to say to that. 

First things first, I never said that Valkyr was perfect and needed no changes. What I said was that Hysteria should be a last resort, not something to use for an entire three hour survival mission. Yes, her other abilities could use a tune-up. 

Which brings me to point two. Despite needing a tune-up, her abilities definitely aren't as bad as most players make them out to be. Okay, Rip Line sucks, but Warcry and Paralysis are more than useable. Warcry is a buff to the highest damaging weapon class in the game, and it has potentially unlimited duration with its augment, even at just over 100% duration. And while Paralysis needs a reliability fix, a 10 meter stun for the same cost as a single channeled melee attack doesn't suck. Build some range for once in your life, and it's actually pretty good for gap closing. Don't even bother with over shields; they're only needed for the damage component, which sucks anyway, especially compared to the power of a slide attack with the stealth bonus. 

Lastly, not every Warframe has to be something that everyone would play. That is the point of having so many. If you don't like melee, then don't play a Warframe that has four abilities dedicated to a melee playstyle. No, Valkyr is not a Warframe that everyone would want to use, and that is more than okay. The game's more interesting with a bunch of diverse playstyles anyway. 

1 minute ago, Gurpgork said:

Okay, I have a few things to say to that. 

First things first, I never said that Valkyr was perfect and needed no changes. What I said was that Hysteria should be a last resort, not something to use for an entire three hour survival mission. Yes, her other abilities could use a tune-up. 

Which brings me to point two. Despite needing a tune-up, her abilities definitely aren't as bad as most players make them out to be. Okay, Rip Line sucks, but Warcry and Paralysis are more than useable. Warcry is a buff to the highest damaging weapon class in the game, and it has potentially unlimited duration with its augment, even at just over 100% duration. And while Paralysis needs a reliability fix, a 10 meter stun for the same cost as a single channeled melee attack doesn't suck. Build some range for once in your life, and it's actually pretty good for gap closing. Don't even bother with over shields; they're only needed for the damage component, which sucks anyway, especially compared to the power of a slide attack with the stealth bonus. 

Lastly, not every Warframe has to be something that everyone would play. That is the point of having so many. If you don't like melee, then don't play a Warframe that has four abilities dedicated to a melee playstyle. No, Valkyr is not a Warframe that everyone would want to use, and that is more than okay. The game's more interesting with a bunch of diverse playstyles anyway. 

i actually like melee frames the most. and yes, i get where you are coming from. we are actually almost on the same line to be honest. 
warcry is (almost)completely fine in my book. ripline is pretty self explanatory, but the reason why paralysis costs that little energy is because it cost's shield. it's only consistent in hysteria. problem is, your energy will drain fast in hysteria. so in reality it isn't really that efficient. which brings me back to hysteria, a great ability with too much drain to make the others work around it. 

4 hours ago, RadriarTheGodKing said:

Again, it isnt that we cant get around it, It is that Valk has been nerfed below every other frame. Everything she does can be outdone by another frame now. Warcry is ok but not very necessary, Ripline is very weak and Parkour 2.0 makes it useless mobility wise, and paralyze doesnt even work all the time. Hysteria was her thing and she was fine before the nerf and now she is very lackluster, and aesthetically displeasing with the visible bubble. I feel like a hamster.

She is still useable, but people liked her for her power and since non valk users kept crying like babies, we have to suffer with a frame that can be easily outdone by other frames. She got bumped down a tier lower than just about every frame. You can put her into storage next to Mag now, since Excalibur is now going to take her role. All you need now is a blind followed by exalted blade and you basically have a ranged, better hysteria and nothing will attack you because they are blinded. Nerf Excal so much he isnt fun next why dont they.

oh funny I have the build except with prime flow, well anyways her hysteria pure builds arent as effective

On 7/26/2016 at 2:13 PM, RadriarTheGodKing said:

You are PS4. you havent seen the horrors yet. You cannot stay in for more than about 80 seconds without channeling, and it is even worse with a leech eximus near by.

She also couldnt clear a room with a radial Javelin or blind a whole room. Excal is much better than Valk.

It's probably worth noting that he's not just better than her now, he was always considerably better than Valkyr. 

On 7/27/2016 at 4:13 AM, RadriarTheGodKing said:

She also couldnt clear a room with a radial Javelin or blind a whole room. Excal is much better than Valk.

hey hey hey, excal is warframe main character. as much as i love volt i can't even think other warframe overall ability better than excalibur, he is so good that he is addicting, just lack of fashion, thats why i pick volt for daily use. excalibur need to cast blind to deal max damage, valkyr doesn't, just OP slide attack.

Edited by FitzSimmons