Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why does DE want us to pay for holster style? We pay them for almost everything, so why even for such an basic thing? ? ?

TTwisterTT

Man i understand they need money to grow bigger, we pay for weapon slots, style, sometimes resources and items, i even held my mouth by the animation set (rly? 50 plats for how my frame stands?). Just why again? For such an normal thing like your holstered weapon? Why should i pay for this? Imagine you are a new player, you have nothing, some basic colors, and basic weapons, and now you see you can holster your weapon in another way, but its for money. YAY so basically in this game i have to pay for every litle piece of customization GG 10/10. I know few people that would stop playing it, and i have a few friends that stopped playing it cause of this . . . it makes one sad. I for my self am a player that payed tons of money (nope still no endgame account) and it makes me sad to see how de tryes to drain money from so small basic things that could make the game a lot more fun for starting and even endgame players . . .

Sorry for bad EN not my main language. 

Its not like they need to pay there employeers, bills or anything like that and sure the game and updates magicly appear from a magic rainbow and a unicorn fartign money at them or so. *sarcasm out*

But yeah as SilvaDreams said. You can have everything for free, even the fashion stuff you can have for free technicly, farm prime parts, sell them for plat at players of exchange ducats for prime mods and sell those. You can have all without ever spending money on the game at all.

Edited by Marine027

16 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

Welcome to FashionFrame, it's not cheap to look pretty and considering we can get every weapon and frame for free the only thing they can charge for is vanity items.

Yeah but for item slots, again u pay money, and for frame slots again u pay money. Yeah i understand they need money, but at this stage if u look over all market things and buyable things in warframe, u see how much money they can and do get. 

13 minutes ago, superGeco20 said:

but i am vain so very very vain and i also don't want to pay for stuff

Then you won't look good.

It is already so very kind of them to let us get the gear for free and only the stuff that has no use in combat like cosmetics cost real money.

1 minute ago, TTwisterTT said:

Yeah but for item slots, again u pay money, and for frame slots again u pay money. Yeah i understand they need money, but at this stage if u look over all market things and buyable things in warframe, u see how much money they can and do get. 

If real life ran on rainbows, space magic and the special kubrow/kavat blend, we wouldn't need to pay the company that's pushing these things out. But you know, the world doesn't run on any of those things, especially the blend of companions.

Look at it this way, cosmetics, you don't need them, but you're vain, so I guess you do? Then you gotta pony up and pay them for the extra specialties. It's not like they're making us pay for a buggy mess that's known as the Dark Split Sword.

It's not that with the standard holster you can't play, eh? DE has a clear policy: playable content is free, customization is not (exept some case). And it's ok since "FashionFrame" isn't really necessary

I make about 400-500p per day most days just selling Prime sets and in-demand mods, and I'm pretty lazy about farming Prime sets compared to the truly dedicated.

It can be tough until you already have everything (obtainable) yourself, but it is possible to get everything and also buy Fashionframe stuff while paying $0. This is a F2P game, after all, and in the realm of F2P games it's nowhere near the most exploitative and player-unfriendly.

Dude, be thankful that people actually spend platinums and money (or farming time) on this useless stuff. I've been in games where people spended the same money, even more, to get strong gears and be cool in spite of poor people like me. This is not pay to win, it's pay to be pretty. It doesn't harm anyone.

Rich people can menage their money as they like. And they allow poor people like us to enjoy a game that wouldn't exist otherwise.

I don't mind having to pay for the holster customization, but I do wish they'd shipped a complete system as opposed to what we got.  In the current system, you cannot adjust the default holster position or move weapons in the Z-axis, which turned out to be the biggest two things I actually wanted out of the system.

The fact that people upvoted your complaint of "why we don't get more free stuff" is kinda..unnerving...

Seriously, you don't need cosmetics to play the game, it's just there for the true end-game, FASHION FRAME.

P.S: Never, ever, in your friggin life, pay for resources in any online game.

Edited by BlazerEraser

I think it's because you don't NEED it. You can keep your base holster/animation positions and be just fine. But if you want to have that Nikana on your Back, or stand like Limbo's Agile animation, then you pay for it if you want it enough. If you're like me, then you don't care where things are holstered or how you stand. I'm too busy killing things to notice. So I won't pay a cent for it. But if you want that look and that stance, then...

A holster costs what, 20 platinum? Takes ten seconds to post a WTS message in trade, drag some guy into your dojo and throw a mod or some prime part at him for 20 platinum. It's not like spending a few pennies was the only option. Or like the alternative was super time-consuming.

read with me

*Additional content that does not affect the game or pay-gate the game for players*

Different holster styles are for looks. Nothing else. So you gotta pay for that extra work.     And yet you get tons of weapons for free melee ect that have animinations that come with them FOR FREE and thus you spend a week grinding it.

I bet you if actually figured it out. Making 1 Weapon or  warframe isn't cheap.

Its not like : Oh here is weapon  GUESS WHAT YOU GOTTA PAY EXTRA FOR ANY ANIMINATIONs LAWL T-pose

Or YOU GOT TO SPEND 20$ for this GUN LAWL LAWL NEXON

Because Fashionframe cost pretty penny. And because it costs pretty penny people who fund the game can say; to quote Markiplier:

"B!tch I'm fabulousssssss"

But yeah. Cosmetic items is what makes DE pay the bills. Try trading chat to get platinum or make rich friends that gift it to you.