The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Eximus Sortie Defense Sucks

Epsik-kun

Or of their quite peculiar vision on the term "Fun".

A bit of backstory though, that was n-th attempt at the latest Grineer Eximus Sortie Defense. Do you like Sortie Defenses? Sure you do. Everyone does.

I love them so much, I normally run Fast Nova on them, to make that love more concentrated and not over a period of over 20 minutes. But this one was even better than usual! Not only we had all these cool explosions all around the place and awesome arctic bubbles that make you as fast as a snail on steroids. We also had these awesome and novel spawn addition, where the game after a few minutes long pause just plainly drops a pack of like 20-40 enemies quite literally on top of your head.

These enemies then proceed to activating their "auras" which usually results in a variety of quite amusing stuff that's going to happen:

a) You can get like 30 of these cool explosions in a row, that'll result in you being thrown around like a kitty that's slowly and helplessly dies to ~one hundred damage nukes.

b) You can get like seven millions of Arctic Eximus, that'll make you not just 20% cooler, but closer to the actual Absolute Zero, when you just, you know, stand there. You can move your legs which is weird, but don't let that fool you - you ain't going anywhere! Nor will you be able to revive that dude you're supposed to defend, because he isn't directly under you and to cover any distance with a speed equal to zero you would need about an infinite amount of time, which is a tad bit longer than what you actually have.

c) Something surprisingly fun will happen! What will it be? You'll never know. You might lose your ability to fight, or the whole team might just die randomly!

d) Combination of all above, because why not?

The next mission of the Grineer Sortie was Corpus Mobile Defense.

But I got my Naramon Lens, so in the end it was surely worth it.

Edited by [DE]Taylor
removed clickbait title

This is the setup I was in with random pugs today:

- Banshee using her ult for the entire mission. Basically, stunning the whole map.

- Ivara (me) using clock arrow covering Banshee and the Operative

- Frost putting bubble done on the Operative, Ivara and Banshee (grouped) and destroying them when not being used.

- Ash doing what Ash's do. Spamming their Press4ToWin

This isn't proof, this is just an oversight in design (probably the low level swap caused more artic/arson eximus spawns)

These things always happen in game development, its why we're in Beta. 

2 hours ago, Agentawesome said:

This isn't proof, this is just an oversight in design (probably the low level swap caused more artic/arson eximus spawns)

It isn't an oversight, its people not using the right tool for the job and complaining about it.

I thought this was pretty fun. Used a slova and melee (Atterax), although Antimatter Drop certainly had its moments when a whole bunch of arctic eximi showed up.

The final mission being a corpus mobile defense was pretty lols

4 minutes ago, DonGheddo said:

[removed by moderator]

That would be a lie, actually.

One post shows:

1) Terrible mission design

2) Enemy spawn bugs

3) Enemy aura functionality bug

4) Melee bug

5) Movement bug

6) Sortie mission placement bug

All of which could've been avoided if DE play tested the sortie.

Edited by Epsik-kun
removed quoted comment and then I lost my grammar yet again

11 minutes ago, Agentawesome said:

7 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

It isn't an oversight, its people not using the right tool for the job and complaining about it.

Actually, it's a little bit of both. It's about using the right tools, but these kinds of situations are why we test for this stuff in PC Beta.

I did it with myself runnin a vauban prime, a guy in a range stompy rhino and 2 ash's we had no problems whatsoever. The Defense putz never even got licked, maybe just maybe you need to rethink what your strategy was and try something else.

2 hours ago, EndlessHallucinogen said:

Actually, it's a little bit of both. It's about using the right tools, but these kinds of situations are why we test for this stuff in PC Beta.

Plenty of people ran this sortie just fine, the only real bug that was encountered was the melee bug. That is the one and only thing that needs fixing because it actually inhibits intended game play.

Edited by NeithanDiniem

I did it on my first try with randoms.. I was Valkyr (as usual), then we had a Frost and the other two I don't remember. Anyway, it was definitely not fun getting launched into the ceiling every 2 seconds but we managed somehow. My laptop almost melted as well from all the flames and ice and aura effects xD I even went down to like 5 fps a few times lolz. But I maxed my focus for today easily which is nice.....

Edited by Momo93