Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This is the kind of event I'd like to see less of in WF

Tureynul

No challenge, lots of waiting, no new level(s), lots of useless trash rewards; even the wiki says they're trash. This crap feels like work. The fun part is when you get stop farming because the acolyte is dead or you got the mod you wanted - drop chance for rares is still 2% according to dataminers. Ideally an event should pose a break in the endless grindwall this game has become, not an even more tedious extension.

the event is okay but some of the mods need fixing imo.. maybe give the accuracy mods a homing property to non hitscan weapons? there's one mod in particular that bugs me a lot. focused defense. it's really crappy. but all the other melee mods are more than okay.

9 minutes ago, Tureynul said:

No challenge, lots of waiting, no new level(s), lots of useless trash rewards; even the wiki says they're trash. This crap feels like work. The fun part is when you get stop farming because the acolyte is dead or you got the mod you wanted - drop chance for rares is still 2% according to dataminers. Ideally an event should pose a break in the endless grindwall this game has become, not an even more tedious extension.

Completely agree. Bored me to tears. Between this and the Fissures tracking you through levels and dropping Nullifier bubbles filled with knockdown spam on your head...I'm just disgusted with the direction the game is taking. Break time.

25 minutes ago, NightBlitz said:

personally, id rather see MORE events like the acolytes

Agree, It's really interesting hunting down bad guys, Warframe has also been shown as a "Bounty Hunter game", this defines it more properly. There's more than just assassins chasing down us.
But I'd like to see more refinement, like:

Traces to find the Acolyte like Synthesis Target's ones, so we don't have to go around blindly.
Less Oneshots and unavoidable skills (Malice's Magnetize and unavoidable Opticor's Shot); some telegraphing would be welcomed.
More work on the AI and character skills, to make out more interesting fights, as if they would be proper minibosses.
     Check Rathuum's Executors, and keep developing them please!
► In the end they're a Capture-sorta missions, It would be nice to see a peculiar development here too.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

1 minute ago, --Q--Lotus_Underwear said:

If event have good drops,then event is good.

I disagree. If the event has good game play, the event is good.This event is awful. Rush the mission; shoot OP enemy with OP weapons. Rinse. Repeat until enemy moves to new location.

Then wait.

Every. Single. Time. No variety. And useless junk niche mods.

I forgot to mention how entertaining it is to wait 5 minutes in a mission because the acolyte spawn might be delayed, only to have it not spawn at all. Other players get to play 3 missions in that time, our unlucky team gets nothing and misses the chance to start further missions until next reappearance.

2 hours ago, NightBlitz said:

personally, id rather see MORE events like the acolytes

Please explain your opinion. All of his points were valid, I don't understand why you'd refute them without a justification?

1 hour ago, Tureynul said:

I forgot to mention how entertaining it is to wait 5 minutes in a mission because the acolyte spawn might be delayed, only to have it not spawn at all. Other players get to play 3 missions in that time, our unlucky team gets nothing and misses the chance to start further missions until next reappearance.

acolyte spawns arnt based on time like the stalker is.

basically teh acolyte is hiding in a tileset for that mission and until atleast 1 person on you team enters that specific tile, he wont spawn

32 minutes ago, Grimlock84 said:

acolyte spawns arnt based on time like the stalker is.

basically teh acolyte is hiding in a tileset for that mission and until atleast 1 person on you team enters that specific tile, he wont spawn

Yeah, this whole event is just...terrible. One team I was with triggered an Extraction and realized too late they forgot to slow down and thoroughly explore the map. No Torment that run. Not angry at them, though; Its not as if DE has made ANY ATTEMPT AT ALL to explain how this works. Again.

It is kind of strange they'd bring back the acolytes without polishing their system up a little bit, as I'm quite certain they brought the flaws of the system to light in one of the Devstreams so they must be aware of it.  Though... I did get a chance to get Body Count after missing it the first time, but I literally stopped chasing the Acolyte after I got that mod.

I guess they did also release Primed Pressure Point a week or so after confirming they were going to remove flat damage mods from the game... so I guess DE isn't overly organized/unified on these particular fronts.

The event is fine, the drop rate of argon scope is not fine.

edit: just to add, basically my problem with the event is that I shouldn't have to kill the same mob 100 times to get the one mod I need from the short term event that will likely go away for months after we finish. Kill them all a handful of times, fine, don't make people have to wait 12+ hours farming the same mob for one mod. It's ridiculous. I've killed torment over a dozen times by now (I'm not actually counting because it would be too depressing). 

I still do not have an argon scope.

edit2: I looked at my mod counts and have actually killed torment over 30 times without getting an argon scope. That's ridiculous for a temporary short term event.

Edited by Borg1611

Yup, I still don't have an argon scope. There are four freaking items in torment's drop table and yet you have to run it dozens of times to still fail to get one of four items?

That level of RNG is unacceptable in a short term event. On a mob that's always around that you can farm whenever? Sure, but not on a temporary event reward. 

There should be a backup plan for the level of RNG fail that can occur during this event. Let us trade our extra acolyte mods to some vendor for some currency that we can then use to buy the acolyte mods. What else am I going to do with my 15+ of each of the other 3 torment mods...

Edited by Borg1611

2 hours ago, LuckyCharm said:

This isn't even really an event though. THIS event has already been and gone, this event is DE being nice and giving people a second chance to get mods they missed out on

without the buffed rng of when they rezed torment. People still miss  out  regardless of what effort they put in. I played for 12 hours today and ran torment on every opportunity. Still didn't get it. It took what... a year to bring them back. You do realize the pontential timeline some people can be at with the drop rates and this being a once a year thing right?

42 minutes ago, hammerheathen said:

without the buffed rng of when they rezed torment. People still miss  out  regardless of what effort they put in. I played for 12 hours today and ran torment on every opportunity. Still didn't get it. It took what... a year to bring them back. You do realize the pontential timeline some people can be at with the drop rates and this being a once a year thing right?

I realize that yeah. But the whole event thing is silly anyway. I'm still waiting for primed chambers re-release. All mods should be available all the time. That way people can jump into the game whenever they like and be caught right up with everything except event weapons (though DE keep re-releasing those too >.<), meaning that even new players have the option of following guides etc online and actually getting the mods listed in them, and no one would miss out on mod customisation which is kinda what the games all about

I disagree with a lot of what's been said in the OP. Hunting Acolytes is great for getting players to run regular missions, which are tremendous fun yet ignored most of the time, their timed reveals are a good way to shake up the pace of mission runs, the actual fights are pretty decent, and the mods are generally quite nice, even if a handful stand head and shoulders above the rest. My criticism:

• Mod drops are inconsistent, and the very idea of rare or low drop chance mods on a limited time event is egregious. Not everyone has the time to run the same Acolyte 50+ or even 10+ times within a day, and even those who do don't have a guaranteed chance of getting the mod they were aiming for. Either the drop chances need to be adjusted, or the Acolytes should just be put on permanent rotation (I'd personally go for the second option), but the current situation is frustrating for many, particularly since some rare Acolyte mods are especially desirable.
  • Acolyte hunting within a mission also feels somewhat inconsistent. From what I understand they trigger upon entering a tile, but since that can be any tile, including one far off the main path, some missions turn into duds just because nobody walked into the proper randomly selected location (and fully exploring a level isn't usually on the table because that might just end up wasting further chances of spawning an Acolyte more easily). Apparently Acolytes can also leave mid-mission if their timer runs out before you find them, which makes for even less consistent hunting. Acolytes should remain present throughout the entire duration of a mission, and should trigger more consistently, e.g. after completing a mission objective or hitting a "main" tile.
  • From experience, the Acolytes repeatedly spawned on a limited set of nodes (e.g. Adrastea, Gabii, Ananke, etc.). No idea why, but they should spread out more.

Ideally, I'd really like this kind of event to be a permanent game feature. If there were some kind of associated resource sink (e.g. building some kind of consumable triangulation device to locate the acolyte at a cost in trash resources, like Rubedo, Ferrite and/or Control Modules), it would be a fantastic way of encouraging players to explore the regular star map instead of constraining themselves to "special" nodes, i.e. sorties/trials/alerts/syndicates, plus dark sectors, and would help significantly in taking some over-accumulated resources out of the game. I also don't think mods like Body Count, Argon Scope or Bladed Rounds, or really any Acolyte mod, should really be event-restricted, as they're tremendously useful on particular builds and weapons (Body Count is more generally good, though mainly because it's a crutch for a melee combo timer that's far lower than it should be), nor do I really see the value in keeping this an event other than for in-game economy and scarcity reasons.

13 hours ago, Destrab said:

Please explain your opinion. All of his points were valid, I don't understand why you'd refute them without a justification?

He didn't refute them. he just has a different opinion on the event. 2 people can have completely different feelings for something for the exact same reasons.

So I just found Malice.

The game saw fit to spawn him right on top of me. Just AFTER it spawned an Eximus Nullifier, overlapped by ANOTHER Nullifier, and covered two Bombards AND an Ancient. 

Someone want to tell me what is either fun, or fair, about ANY of this? 

While Warframe's Core of movement and shooting might be well designed, it is surrounded by some of the absolutely WORST peripheral systems in all of gaming. I dont know why it took this long for me to realize just how poorly designed much of the game is. But it really is. I never had a chance in this encounter. And it wasnt because of poor decisions I made; heck, I tried to escape and back off from the fight, but a rocket knocked me out of the bullet jump I used because it was supposed to protect me from enemy aim, and a grappling hook caught me before I had even finished falling. RNG first put me in a no win situation, THEN punishing, unfair mechanics kept me there.

Its utterly ridiculous that this can happen. We have powers for a reason: To help us against tough encounters. Except...THAT is where DE have gone and made them USELESS. When we need them the most.

Face it: We are only powerful against trash mobs. REAL power in this game comes from gear checks and good luck, not tactics and skill.

The return of the Acolytes is proof DE cant take constructive criticism to make things better the second time around rather then improving the acolytes loot tables to the equivalent of a 100 void trace drop chance ratio they ignored us and the youtubers they invited to tennocon and sent the acolytes on another cycle in their original horrid drop chance configuration.

All these mods the acolytes drop should be replacing the mods that drop in the void.