Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discounts on Plat

Xyhon

I've had like 5 20% since SOR update, and although I want platinum theres no way I'll pay full price (It's stupidly expensive) and I already know there's a better 75% off deal (had it within the first week or so and bought platinum).  No one in their right mind will buy platinum (not including prime packs) at the full price and this goes to an arguement I have with ALL freemium games, they always make 'platinum' expensive but most people will only buy on sales, so why not just have a lower price ALL the time, the odds are more people would buy it without thinking or waiting for the 75% deal.  At a cheaper price it becomes a 'disposable commodity', at full price it's a case of do I really need it and usually no I don't wins out.

Edited by LSG501

Well, since I got plenty past those months, and currently top was 20% for many of my friends, we started to think this is intended change, since lowest we got pre-update was 25%, and highest 75%. Also, I wanted to know what devs got to say on that, since on PHP you ask other players (obviously). Thanks anyway.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

Also remember the probability is also affected by the mr of the player, so lower mr are much less likely to get a good discount from logins.

Well, with our 21 MR, kinda hard to depend on that ;)

23 minutes ago, Cydro_ said:

Since when?

Since its release in Update 18. According to warframe.wikia Mastery Rank increase adds 5% to increased rare drop chances.

So for rares: 
MR-related chance = base chance * (1 + (MR*0,05))
Let's say you're MR 22 and the base chance for 75%-discount is 2%, then the MR-related, modified chance would be 4,2%.

I can confirm that the 75%-discount is still in the game, got one this weekend.

17 minutes ago, Hellequinn. said:

Trust me on this one.. discounts are most likely to appear after a long pause. It's just a small thing to pull you into buying some plat and start playing again, not that it's a bad thing.. Try not logging in for a few days.

Bad voodoo advice. Chances are higher with a daily login, really and you're not messing up the queue on your milestone rewards.

14 minutes ago, Toran said:

Bad voodoo advice. Chances are higher with a daily login, really and you're not messing up the queue on your milestone rewards.

It has always worked for me.. I only play warframe for a few weeks at a time, and everytime I come back after a long break I get a 50% or 75% discount within two login rewards. Try it for yourself. Make an alt and come back to it every few weeks. 

There is logic behind this.. 

5 hours ago, Xyhon said:

I would like to ask, if 75% discounts were removed from the game with Specters update? All of my friends get 20% discount only now. I would like to know if this is intended, or not.

I went almost 3 years without getting a single 75% discount coupon.  I would do the the skip the daily login trick for a week to reset the bonus.  I did that scores of times.  I immediately purchased the first one I saw.

In 2016 I've received five 75% coupons.  FIVE.  Got one yesterday.

The problem is I really don't need them now.  I realize it's RNG, supposedly, but if DE had given them to me earlier, when I didn't have everything in the game, I would have purchased them.  At least a couple if not more.

But they didn't.

2 hours ago, Toran said:

Gotta agree with that.  Read my message above.  I haven't skipped any daily logins for a year or more and I've received 5 75% discounts this year.

Keep your login milestones current.

Actually I wouldn't say it's voodoo, it does seem to work at least with some players.  I just logged into my second account (can't remember why I started it, likely to try mag as it's the only frame) and it gave a 50%, pretty sure the last time it gave me 75% after a break.