Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Napalm, napalm everywhere!

1tsyB1tsyN1nj4

11 hours ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

Good tips, but that stuff doesn't always work. I mentioned an Invasion on Ceres for a reason. It was Exterminate, so you have to kill all Grineer, problem is, tons of Eviscerators spawn on Ceres too. Napalms and Eviscerators are a combo from hell, and throw in some Scorpions too for good measure, because the Napalms have no problem parking a dank wad of fire on your face while you're getting dragged

Just curious, but who do you play? (Or more accurately, what's your loadout?) I've had a hard time with some Grineer, I've been met with challenge and the occasional failure, but it's never felt impossible or unfair.

23 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

Just curious, but who do you play? (Or more accurately, what's your loadout?) I've had a hard time with some Grineer, I've been met with challenge and the occasional failure, but it's never felt impossible or unfair.

I enjoy playing mag solo on grineer survival, but now that the highest level grineer survival is on sedna these units are a real problem for me. Generally I like to stand just inside of my bubbles and pull enemies into them, but the napalm can kill me regardless of whether I'm inside a bubble or on the opposite side from him. Sometimes one will even kill me after I put a bubble on it directly. Usually after about 15 minutes of Selkie, Sedna, they're high enough level that one touch from their aoe is guaranteed death unless I spam restores. Couple that with a deceptively high range on that aoe, and this single unit makes mag's life hell.

1 hour ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

Cheese is never fun. Although yeah, I do love me my Loki Prime and Nyx Prime for making enemies mostly useless

Of course it's not fun. But this kinda scaling garbage has been going on for years now. IMO Scorchers are x10 worse. Ever seen a lvl 200 Scorcher?

Basically cheese is your only option, it's been 2+ years and nothing has changed. Here have another Stradavar instead.

Edited by Xzorn

1 hour ago, SenorClipClop said:

Depends. I don't have much of a problem when playing Rhino obviously, but Mag, Nyx, really any other frame I have apart from Chroma has problems when there are more than 2 Napalms in a room. Honestly, it's really just Corpus invasions on Ceres that highlight the problem

2 hours ago, Lord_Azrael said:

I enjoy playing mag solo on grineer survival, but now that the highest level grineer survival is on sedna these units are a real problem for me. Generally I like to stand just inside of my bubbles and pull enemies into them, but the napalm can kill me regardless of whether I'm inside a bubble or on the opposite side from him. Sometimes one will even kill me after I put a bubble on it directly. Usually after about 15 minutes of Selkie, Sedna, they're high enough level that one touch from their aoe is guaranteed death unless I spam restores. Couple that with a deceptively high range on that aoe, and this single unit makes mag's life hell.

Oh cool, I use Mag a lot too. Dealing with AoE damage (because Magnetize doesn't stop the flames that stick to stuff), I find it works best when I use the Magnetize bubbles offensively, tagging a distant wave when it's in a chokepoint on the map (doors or narrow hallways). The gravity from it usually holds units within the bubble, but a weapon that can hand out Cold, Blast or Electric procs will do wonders for keeping them in their own self-damaging magnetic prison. Once I've done that, I can deal with enemies on my other side or Pull enemies into/out of that bubble for melee finishers, or leap into the bubble (if it's safe) and start casting Crush in midair, and the stun from it is usually enough time to do a number on the high-priority enemies like Napalms. This usually works for me against high-level Grineer. I haven't played Mag in Survival since the Specters update, but I'll check out how she plays on Sedna.

Edit: @1tsyB1tsyN1nj4

I don't really play Nyx, but I guess just peg the Napalm with mind control? If you disarm it, problem solved. If you don't back up and let the Napalms fight? I'd have to try to this.

Edited by SenorClipClop

10 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

Oh cool, I use Mag a lot too. Dealing with AoE damage (because Magnetize doesn't stop the flames that stick to stuff), I find it works best when I use the Magnetize bubbles offensively, tagging a distant wave when it's in a chokepoint on the map (doors or narrow hallways). The gravity from it usually holds units within the bubble, but a weapon that can hand out Cold, Blast or Electric procs will do wonders for keeping them in their own self-damaging magnetic prison. Once I've done that, I can deal with enemies on my other side or Pull enemies into/out of that bubble for melee finishers, or leap into the bubble (if it's safe) and start casting Crush in midair, and the stun from it is usually enough time to do a number on the high-priority enemies like Napalms. This usually works for me against high-level Grineer. I haven't played Mag in Survival since the Specters update, but I'll check out how she plays on Sedna.

Edit: @1tsyB1tsyN1nj4

I don't really play Nyx, but I guess just peg the Napalm with mind control? If you disarm it, problem solved. If you don't back up and let the Napalms fight? I'd have to try to this.

Mind Control works nicely, but their fire blasts still do damage to you, rendering it sorta moot

19 hours ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

We all know our big Grineer buddies with those insufferable fireball cannons, especially if you've ever done any Invasion on Ceres and sided with the Corpus, they just love to crawl out of the woodwork 4 or 5 at a time and stay in one room. Hell (which the map literally became) something like that literally happened to me today! D: I have to ask, are they ever going to get looked at again? In essence they're a Grineer heavy unit just like the rest, alloy armor, shockwave ground pound, and lots of health, but why do their weapons of choice feel so broken? Bombards and Heavy Gunners don't have this problem, because their weapons can be dodged and they do reasonable (but still lots) of damage if allowed to, where Napalms pretty much do almost unavoidable damage with no drawback to themselves. The actual fireball they shoot is deceiving in appearance, because the AoE on it is much bigger than you'd think, the fire you see being shot is only a small damage over time patch, and there doesn't seem to be any fall off for damage over distance from the impact point. So, as more Napalms are introduced to an area, it becomes less of a fight and you just wait for the inevitable moment your body turns to ash. On top of that, their weapon could use a look at, because the old Ogris model is sorta clunky looking.

They also go through frost's bubble in a way.

The fireball sticks to the wall, but if you go anywhere near it, like weenie-roasting distance on a campfire, you get instantly killed unless you're Wukong or something. 

18 hours ago, Killersguns said:

It seems you are having fun with grineer 

I'm having fun with Scrambus disabling all my abilities plus the 3 nullifiers helping him not take any damage. Oh whats that little Jimmy? A BURSA AT THE SAME TIME! WELL JOLLY IT'S A GOOD DAY TO BE LIVING DON'T YOU THINK! 

DE help

And that's when you realized that a sapping osprey showed up

And you're Loki

And it's sortie three. 

Press F to pay respects.

F.

1 hour ago, (PS4)B_Psycho2 said:

And that's when you realized that a sapping osprey showed up

And you're Loki

And it's sortie three. 

Press F to pay respects.

F.

You forgot those three Techs spam deploying Shield Ospreys while hosing you down with their Supras, and then the Grineer also show up to the party because it changes to a crossfire mission, drop pods loaded with Scorches, Hyekka Masters, a random Drahk Master, some Napalms, a Bombard, some Heavy Gunners, and a Maniac for good measure show up too, only for the entire sortie 3 party to become an Infested Invasion loaded with Toxic Healer Eximi Ancients and Sanguine Boiler Eximi. Welcome to Hell, population: you

7 minutes ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

You forgot those three Techs spam deploying Shield Ospreys while hosing you down with their Supras, and then the Grineer also show up to the party because it changes to a crossfire mission, drop pods loaded with Scorches, Hyekka Masters, a random Drahk Master, some Napalms, a Bombard, some Heavy Gunners, and a Maniac for good measure show up too, only for the entire sortie 3 party to become an Infested Invasion loaded with Toxic Healer Eximi Ancients and Sanguine Boiler Eximi. Welcome to Hell, population: you

And then, the lights flicker.

20 hours ago, Killersguns said:

It seems you are having fun with grineer 

I'm having fun with Scrambus disabling all my abilities plus the 3 nullifiers helping him not take any damage. Oh whats that little Jimmy? A BURSA AT THE SAME TIME! WELL JOLLY IT'S A GOOD DAY TO BE LIVING DON'T YOU THINK! 

DE help

DE won't help...

Because...

DE is the one that did this to you.

You are all alone little Jimmy.

On 2.8.2016 at 6:47 AM, SenorClipClop said:

Too hard for you?

no, they are not to "hard" for you still can get the job done - like todays 3rd sortie (mob-def), where a lot of those suckers spawn - but it is neither fun nor challenge getting them in those close-quarter mission, especially when you have to defend a static object (or semi-static ones too). there is always a lot of dying and even more wtf-calls involved. so unless you go in "meta" to cc the lot of them (and even that won't help you always if you can't spot them in the next room).

they are unnecessary op to the point of beging annoying (just what everthing would think of our warframes too, i guess). they should be changed into something "normally" annoying like bombards, nullies and ("put-in-your-most-hated-enemy-in-here").