The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Range

(PSN)Darth-Escar

Question

What melee weapon have the best attacking range? I'm trying to do testing with Unairu, and I need a melee weapon with long range. Weather by slam attacks (finding statistics on slam ranges is tedious) or regular strikes, I just need something that'll hit many enemies at once. Preferably something that doesn't slow you down, like Serro, my current weapon of choice, or requires the weapon held out, like Lacera does. Any weapon with good range is a consideration for me though, especially if it has CC effects.

16 answers to this question

Jat Kittag is amazing for CC, and it's a hammer so has very good range especially with a max Primed Reach. Take into account the guaranteed blast proc on a slam attack and you can't really go wrong here. It's crushing ruin stance is very good for crowd CC as well as the second part of the combo has a guaranteed proc which sends enemies to the other side of the map when used with the Kittys blast damage. If you want to go for all out range then I'd recommend either the War or Galatine, although Orthos Prime lets you hit multiple enemies very quickly in a wide arc at a very nice range as well. 

Pretty much any of the polearms have a good range on them, and are able to hit multiple enemies at the same time. The Tipedo's a good choice. Fastest attack speed of any polearm, and high crit makes it good for Berserker to increase that speed even further.

5 minutes ago, Drathe said:

Pretty much any of the polearms have a good range on them, and are able to hit multiple enemies at the same time. The Tipedo's a good choice. Fastest attack speed of any polearm, and high crit makes it good for Berserker to increase that speed even further.

Tipedo is a staff, the polearms are a different class.

Orthros P has the highest reach of any polearm, it gets to ~8m with max P Reach.

I think Orthos has a decent range and it's fast. Then if you don't mind some mobility a dual dagger equipped with Sinking Talon mod has a basic combo that moves your frame a lot and brings you close to enemies who are far away just by mashing the melee attack button. Also a Nikana with Blind Justice stance has a lot of movement involved (even a massive dash in one of its' combos) and if you just hold down the parry button and mash the melee attack button you will always perform a high mobility combo finished up with a small aoe smash.

Highest range belongs to Atterax. Second place is Orthos Prime. Most of other weapons are pretty short compared to these two.

Blade and whip weapons are exception, as some of their whip attacks can be even longer, but as it only applies to few of them, the range is inconsistent during the combo nor is high on spins/slams/jump attacks.

By the way, Scindo is extremely short.

I personally prefer my hammer, the Jat Kittag, with the Crushing Ruin stance, I have memorized the spin combo, so I personally just spin into enemies and watch them disappear, I need no other range, and use the Jat Kittag exclusively as my primary weapon. If you need any other assistance, please feel free to ask and someone will find an answer that fits your needs. Have a nice day.

May the Lotus be with you.

dunno about the frame u are playin, but if u want to hit many enemies with melee blows, try out wukong, the range on his ult increases for each hit, also ur are able to ragdoll entier rooms when u choose a jat kitty + augment for his first (but i dunno if slam attacks count towards the armor reduction of unairu)

furthermore his survivability is great and this is what u need if u are going into levels where armor reduction matters

Edited by Dragonblack175

28 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Tipedo is a staff, the polearms are a different class.

Orthros P has the highest reach of any polearm, it gets to ~8m with max P Reach.

It's longer than that even with R8 P reach actually

Whats been said

Orthos (Prime)!

Jat Kittag, Galatine and War

Whips

Well and I suppose in a way technically the Redeemer, haha

I think the Nikana's with Tranquil Cleave as the Stance mod feels like it has "ok" reach. Not like the others of course but once you're "in it" you can cleave some bodies there.

Honourable mention for the Tonbo. It's a polearm, it's sexy as F***, it has a little bit less range and attack speed than the Orthos in exchange for quite a bit more damage and status (1.17 speed vs 1, 65 vs 80 dmg and 15% vs 25% status) but both work wonders with Maiming strike. AND are much better when not equipped since fast melee doesn't slow you and slide attacks are their bread and butter.

Oh, and check the whips too. Lecta is an amazing status dealer and Atterax has an incredible damage potential.

Edited by Autongnosis

Longest range while still dishing out serious damage goes to the under-rated Atterax.  This is an early weapon that is easily one of the best.  Also I agree with Fivey on the Nikana series with Blind Justice.  You can lay waste to a lot of stuff really quickly with this weapon.