Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What happened to the toggle-able desecrate for Nekros?

3 minutes ago, F4talFr4me said:

You said i know nothing about nekros. thats a fact now? ok mate.

Nekros such a good frame nobody plays him. im just obviously bad at the game. must be because a single skill is bad and this simple fix will make him playable again.

i didnt said that, i just did point out that not having to press 3 the whole time will allow him to use his other 2 decent abilities and shoot, wich is a great improvemente.
Also with a decent build his other abilities arent that bad, he can be a good support frame with shades running around and taking fire for the whole group and the emergency button that is terrify. Both these will never be the best cc abilities, but you are supposed to be in a team of 4, and in any decent team you can fill the support/loot role in a good way.
In most cases better than a trinity wich is the top tier support frame.

you still didnt answer my question

9 hours ago, Alcatraz said:

No that was not stated at all. That was just the update to fissures only, no where in the devstream did they mention that. Also you are late to watching the devstream, that's been over a week old already.

Actually, it was stated in a Prime Time that it was coming on the Monday that the relic update was supposed to come.

i kind of wish they'd pay more attention to warframe reworks. maybe giving nekros a 'tweak' while they're working on TWW wasn't a good idea. it would be awesome if they made did a full rework of each of his powers, not just the one. i really really want to use nekros, but right now he's just a little too gimmicky imo

I just want a toggle-able desecrate so I can actually use my guns, and other skills without being forced to remain idle in a single spot because of an animation that isn't cancel-able.

A toggle-able desecrate is fine, why are some people against this simple change?

Yes it doesn't change everything else about him, but why not welcome this easy change when we can wait for other tweaks later. Plus Oberon needs the bigger tweaks first.

Edited by --GOOLOO_GOOLOO_GOOLOO--

1 minute ago, F4talFr4me said:

Because this is DE we talking about here. cant trust them to ruin the only skill people actually use.

I hardly call that ruining the skill. I literally don't care if it gets me slightly less loot. I want my freedom while still being loot-efficient.

Edited by --GOOLOO_GOOLOO_GOOLOO--

2 minutes ago, MadHatHacker said:

I love how ninety percent of this thread is the Warframe hivemind going "loooootbooot, DE suuuuuxxxx, kekekekek, boltoooooor".  

Nekros is actually a solid endgame pick if you know how to use him effectively, particularly in survival. 

The only hivemind here is people against such a tiny and beneficial change.

I mean if you're going to use Nekros for loot, this change is godly. I'm trying to help someone get 120k alloy plates, and I am not enjoying it, even though my method is effective. I'd rather have the increased mobility the toggle-able version would give me, even if it means less loot. And why not this change... it affects nothing about his other abilities. 

With this change I can actually REMOVE overextended because I will be able to move around, thus making overextended kinda redundant. Then I can mod more for other stuff too.

7 hours ago, Master-Nachash said:

Actually, it was stated in a Prime Time that it was coming on the Monday that the relic update was supposed to come.

I haven't watched any prime times so if they said they'd come out with nekros skill then ok. But I watched the devstream and they said the fissure update would be the Monday following that stream and it actually came out on Tuesday.

Take this youtube link from where it starts, they just gave away a platinum prize, and then started back about fissures and traces, the update was mentioned around 13 minutes in that it would be coming Monday. This stream was Live on Friday July 22, Monday would be July 25; actually hit PC on Tuesday July 26.

https://youtu.be/fzGKYUc5o8Q?t=12m26s

Here's link to the patch notes for that specific change to fissures.

Edited by Alcatraz
Added Link to Patchnotes

I talks about how the fourth skill for 6 days, maybe you've never seen, however, I send you a link to my topic that has had more visits, in addition,i think nekros is a wonderful, but  many more like him (hydroidfor example), are not appreciated  and  the DE seems to have fear to perform a real REWORK and then make small steps to avoid creating a Warframe OP, however  i have to say in mine 1 year of expirience: the ability of the desecrated must be used if you want to survive with NEK because with the right build, is the only skill that will: provide energy, armor, and more ammo  and health, without it nekros will die from tactical point of view.

here i write what i say in the topic:

now that Desacrate was arranged ... We must focus on Shadow Of The Dead .....
I read in a forum, and I also commented, where there was talk of making the TOGGLE skills:
for me is OK, but with an essential change:
1) the cost in energy and divided by every undead back to life (for example 0.5 second base cost for undead) and just add duration or efficiency to reduce it.
2) a specific change, the mentality of AI:
- Ability to give orders as with Specter
- The undead act by attacking all an objective at a time (by doing so you will be able to kill more enemies, because they using military tactics such as hedging or take cover sothey do lose a lot of time if every undead attack 1 enemy, but with this you can kill more easily).
  With these rules I say that even with a base Build Mods Primed, Neckros will be a powerful support for all .... WHAT DO YOU THINK you lovers of the necromancer? And what you think other players? We hope that the DE listen to us for once

4 hours ago, --GOOLOO_GOOLOO_GOOLOO-- said:

Why?

With Nekros being my favorite frame I would rather see them buff Shield of Shadows with better AI and or movement speed than nerf Desecrate with this toggle fiasco. Spamming Desecrate inbetween wiping waves of enemies is to me fun. Trying to balance the 2 (killing and Desecrating) so that I get it off hundreds of times while maintaining either the highest or second highest kill count in the group. That is enjoyable and will be lost when all I'm doing is shooting because Desecrate is now a auto ability.

Edited by blackheartstar_pc

23 hours ago, Ruby_Rose_ said:

Maybe it was planned for then and they found and issue or bug with it, so they just pushed it back to accompany the release of his Prime?

A lot of the older frames have been getting small touch up before, with, or shortly after their primes or unique skins.

Possible, they may have also made more changes to him as a whole rather than just his desecrate.

On 8/3/2016 at 3:58 AM, SinergyX said:

Well, he got a point though, rename Nekros to Descrate and it pretty much reflects what majority of players use this frame for (bar a few that use the army).

desecrate is like the ONLY ability i dont use for him, i cant stand that garbage, i actaully use the shadows of the dead the most, im up to 18 shadows now, My soul punch does 1,100 so far.

On 2-8-2016 at 10:58 PM, FrackingBiscuit said:

I think on the last Prime Time they said it wasn't out yet because they were still working on its energy cost and timing.  They talked it possibly costing energy per enemy and they still hadn't settled on the delay between an enemy dying/a corpse entering range and the effect triggering on it.

have you seen the new descecrate in action? please don't tell me it's a channeling skill now with animation that still disables your play

this would make nekros so much worse :/

3 minutes ago, Shade-Nightclaw said:

desecrate is like the ONLY ability i dont use for him, i cant stand that garbage, i actaully use the shadows of the dead the most, im up to 18 shadows now, My soul punch does 1,100 so far.

I would use nekros for his 4th ability if it wouldn't be nullified

but as it can be nullified... it's pointless to play him like this

Tbh it'd be better if the change was delayed until Nekros Prime is released. Just imagine if they rolled out the patch and people started leveling/potato-ing/forma-ing their Nekros' only to have him Prime released a few days later. The salt would be immense. 

This seems to be the most logical reason for the delay. 

Edited by Agentawesome

That or they are waiting to see what people think of it, when i saw the thing ninitally i thought they wer ehaving terify be a toggle, that would be so much better, hes supposed to be an icon of death, he should scare anyone that gets close, i wouldnt give a crap if it had a high cost id just go for max eficiency

His 4th is pretty good if you don't use the overkill that is overextended. 

You just need to target high Priority or more useful enemies like Ancients and Nullifiers. You have yourself a team that can block damage for you alongside one that decreases the amount of damage you take

You know desecrate aura is going to cost so much more. Also you will have less body parts that can be shredded since the aura will auto desecrate them.

Since right now i can desecrate a huge pile of enemies after there dead. When you kill the corpus/grineer you can only desecrate the body/parts only after 4 to 6 seconds and they disappear at 8 seconds. While infested you need to wait 2-3 seconds and they tend to disappear at 4-5 seconds. The pile of bodies will only cost me on my current build 12 health, with what the new aura will be by the sounds of it will cost 12 health per body desecrated.

Therefor the auto-desecrate aura will cause a small problem with "slash" weapons. When higher slash numbers dominate the weapon you can cut bodies in multiple parts 2 to 4 parts depending on how high and how many shots hit the body. For example if you use the Twin Kohmak you can cuts bodies in to 4 parts no problem everytime. So a group of 10 enemies now turn into 40 body parts on the ground for you to desecrate. Which would only cost me 12 health, but with the new function it would cost me in theory (if i am capable of breaking them into parts before the aura gets to them) 480 health since it does 1 body/part at a time, by the short footage I've seen (i might be wrong, since i have yet to test the new system or read a nice layout of when is going to happen).

You can actually bring Nekros to just about any type of content and have a good time. I just dont understand why everyone keeps saying he is used for loot and loot only. Their is so much more functionality to him. With the right mods you can make him a crowd controller, you can build him into 2 different types of tanks, you can make him a healer, you can build him for defense. You can even build him for all around, which would get you to at least level 50 content with out pushing it too much.