Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Story Behind Your Name

DawnThade

So today marks my first year with warframe and in that time i have thoroughly enjoyed this game.

In that time though, i have seen some really funny names and some really cool ones. So i thought why not make a topic for the community to share the story that lead to the name they chose(no matter how boring or weird it was) for warframe.

Personally, i started with the "Thade" part of my name because i always liked the name from the character "General Thade" in the 2001, planet of the apes movie, when i watched it as a kid. I however did not want to call myself general thade, i thought instead to go for dawn because that is the time of day i enjoy the most so it fit well.

Whats your story?

Which name? I had many.

Ded_Sek: The ded part is just an misspelt version of Dead and the Sec is the shortened form of Security but ending with a k.
TheErebus: I searched up gods of darkness and I found the primordial greek god of darkness, Erebus.
ScrublordPrime: Basically just me playing up my scrubbyness.
TheSpookyGhost: I think I changed it to this during one halloween because I wanted to be spooky.

oweing to my curse of favoring antagonists over prim and prissy justicelord protagonists and love of things which sound and look similar to war of the worlds (2005) and wolfenstein tno(also similar to wotw) i found appreciation in the aesthetic and overall style of the combine, but specifically in civil protection.

maybe the 'hey-go-ahead-abuse-your-authority-we-dgaf-m8' and actual enjoyment through overly violent humor is what had me over other combine stuff.

dunno but I will still forever be a sh1tl0rd.

Kenshin from Uesugi Kenshin (or Kenshin Uesugi....first name then last name) 

he was one of the shoguns in Total War: Shogun 2. A game that I enjoyed very much, he was my favorite shogun since I liked their clan name, sigil and theme. Plus it's a cool Japanese name :3 

P.S. : sorry to all the Ruruoni Kenshin fans, I haven't watched the anime yet, but it sounds awesome and it's on my list 

My IRL best friend and I used to go bear hunting all the time in RDR, because the multiplayer spawns in that game were... A little wonky, sometimes after you killed a few, one would spawn about 3 feet behind you, and death by surprise bear mauling. We also played a lot of Halo, and I always wanted a name that made the kill feed look funny, "A Frikn Grizzly killed you" and my name was born. I've had this name for going on 6 years, I've adopted the moniker of "Grizzly" and I don't plan on changing it ever again.

It's my name's initials, plus some random numbers an old online game I can't remember proposed.

Alternatively, I also go as Name.Is.Futile, because I was(/am) a pretentious little bastard during my mid-teen years, or DepressiveBunny, because I like bunnies.

I also go as "tunk", for some cruel people.

Me? How I got my name?

Well, my real name is Ibraahiim. When I was around six or seven my friends started to call me "bro". After a while one kid said "Ibro" by taking first three latters of my real name then adding a "o" at the end. Next thing you know people started to call me "Ibro".

The numbers are random.

Edited by Ibro156

The Alpha part is...do I have to explain?

Phenix is one of my many versions of spelling ''Phoenix'' before learning the correct way...no, you don't want to know the rest.

As for why I chose to keep the error...less chances of seeing ''The username is taken''