Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #78 Overview.

[DE]Taylor

Hey Tenno!

Devstream #78 was chock full of Update and content news, so we figured we'd give you the rundown while it was still hot off the presses! Want to learn more about the revised Update schedule, Titania, and more upcoming content? You can catch all the action in the livestream, or read the play-by-play in our overview here

56 minutes ago, Gurpgork said:

Still not a perfect solution, since they're still tied to cosmetics, but it's a step in the right direction. 

I personally like them tied to cosmetics, the old arcane helmets weren't retired because they tied stats to cosmetics, it was that you had to wear the particular cosmetic to get the desired bonus. With Arcane Enhancements, you can put them on whatever cosmetic you want. I have always wanted them to add enhancements to cosmetic armor as well in fact.

19 minutes ago, Urlan said:

I personally like them tied to cosmetics, the old arcane helmets weren't retired because they tied stats to cosmetics, it was that you had to wear the particular cosmetic to get the desired bonus. With Arcane Enhancements, you can put them on whatever cosmetic you want. I have always wanted them to add enhancements to cosmetic armor as well in fact.

I'd rather them be disconnected from cosmetics entirely. I have more syandanas than I know what to do with, but only a handful of Arcanes to use. What's the point of having all of these damn syandanas if I'm confined to just two or three?

I know this is one of my first worldiest complaints about this game, but I do believe it is a valid one. I paid good money for my cosmetics, and I'd like to be able to make the most of them without making my configurations suffer. 

Edited by Gurpgork

Anyone hyped about new augment mods?

Valkyr, Inaros and Nyx sounds interesting.

• Do you think Hysteria teleport would have additional features?
  • Would Nyx be able to shoot/cast while in bubble, or it will allow only to float a little?
  • Would elemental mods affect only procs chance as well or only a type, what about damage?

That is sorta the point, you power up the cosmetics and make them useful or don't and keep them for "fashionframe". Now with the ability to pop them on and off, that should allow for even more options for both unique looks and useful effects. They are not just another mod, they are an attempt at little passive bonuses that could be used with any favored cosmetic to make them functional - this is something I think is a good design space.

More like Rakta Redundanct Dagger.

Daggers come down to Covert Lethality regardless of what their damages are.

I don't see how a Rakta of Dark Dagger is going to perform any different them Dark Dagger, could have twice the damage, it still wouldn't make that much of a difference (because Covert Lethality). Could have twice its status chance (but Dark dagger's augment does exactly just that).

Rakta Dark Dagger won't be a good stealth weapon either because it's doomed to break stealth game with the inevitable syndicate burst/buff. Which ironicaly is entirely optional for Dark Dagger (simply by equiping the mod or not). I mean, the appeal of Syndicate weapons is the buff as much as the status boost, with a small drawback, all syndicate buffs are stealth breakers, and them you pick the one class of melees from the game that benefit the furthest from Stealth gameplay?

Don't get me wrong, I do like Dark Dagger. But making a syndicate version is just... redundant status wise, and kills the one thing daggers do the best, stealth chains. Pick Dark Sword, it pleads for an improved attack speed, Dark Split Sword too, but not Dark Dagger, it's the one Dark blade that will benefits the less from having a syndicate variant.

Edited by Duduminador

I am totaly hyped for Titania and I want her as soon as possible :D
I just hope she is not confined to a single syndicate because New Loka (which looks like the most fitting for Titania) is hating me ever since Syndicates began.

I am kinda disappointing by Valkyr's Hysteria Augment since the teleport does very little. You sacrifice a mod slot (often used for eternal war augment) for mobility you don't need.
Valkyr is mobile with her grappling hook and general parcour skills. You jump in a group and slay everything. The teleport does very little on its own. So I hope there is more to it than just a teleport. There is a reason why Ash' teleport got some rework because frames are mobile enough to not need something as a teleport ability. Here's hoping there is more to it :)

I am looking forward to the melee syndicate weapons and see what they can do :D

Overall I loved the devstream and hope it is mid August rather than late August for us to play with the new goodies ^^

10 hours ago, MarshallBanana0815 said:

you're taking away my army of minions????

noooo, that build is just so much fun :-(((((

sad tenno is sad

but hurray for the other stuff

Where does it say you lose your army? You get a stronger army instead :D Maybe less of them but you can summon them more often in a way :p