Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition to Remove Nullifiers

WinterishRope

No.

Nullifiers are fine.  Either shoot them with a high fire rate weapon to burst the bubbles or use a tougher frame with a life strike weapon to get into the bubble and beat them to death.

Multiple Bursa combined with Sapping Osprey spamming bombs are more of a problem.

The game needs to have a bit of a challenge at higher levels, otherwise what are we gearing up for?

2 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

I can't recollect properly (yes, this is intentional), but wasn't it because of an internet petition that Deadpool got made?

And it resulted in a really entertaining experience for everyone.

11 minutes ago, Tymerc said:

No support. Nullifiers are not hard to fight whatsoever. I have no problems stopping them from reaching my globes. 

How often do you want to ignore the actual problem and missing the point? Who is saying they are "hard to fight"? That's implying warframe is in any way CHALLENGING, which it's not.

31 minutes ago, Zoracraft said:

Also, haven't seen very many Nullifier removal petitions myself, but even if there are a lot of them, that just shows that a lot of people want them gone.

To be fair i've only really been active on the forum for the past couple weeks and have seen 4 or 5 anti nullifier posts either asking to remove or nerf them. 2 weeks and I'm getting sick of them already.

Just now, (XB1)AnnoyedHaddock said:

To be fair i've only really been active on the forum for the past couple weeks and have seen 4 or 5 anti nullifier posts either asking to remove or nerf them. 2 weeks and I'm getting sick of them already.

Oh you're still a young'un in the ways of the forum. Stick around longer and the anti-nulli threads will make your eyes bleed their own blood.

1 minute ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Oh you're still a young'un in the ways of the forum. Stick around longer and the anti-nulli threads will make your eyes bleed their own blood.

Blame the devs for not speaking about it. Unlike umbra or founder, nothing has been said regarding this concern yet.

2 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Blame the devs for not speaking about it. Unlike umbra or founder, nothing has been said regarding this concern yet.

Don't get me wrong: I'm not critiquing one way or the other. This was merely to make an observation and make them aware to expect oodles and oodles of threads on the topic.

20 minutes ago, Nisotak said:

Nullifiers are fine.  Either shoot them with a high fire rate weapon to burst the bubbles or use a tougher frame with a life strike weapon to get into the bubble and beat them to death.

Game design where you are practically forced to take weapons and frames you don't like is not the definition of "fine"

We know how to kill nullies. Nullies aren't hard. But nullies aren't fun either

47 minutes ago, cghawk said:

the problem isn't their difficulty though, the problem is how limiting they are, what's the point of bringing a sniper, bow, shotgun or any other low rate of fire weapon if nullifiers just lol at you, why bother even using wukong? nullifiers make certain frames just either flat out useless or annoying to play with it, nullifiers are simply bad and cheap design.

You know you can carry two guns right?

Bring a secondary that can deal with bubbles then. I've been bringing a LATO to fissurrs and even that can tear a bubble apart in 2 seconds. Sorry, I don't buy it. Equip yourself for the situation; like everything else.

Apparently most of the players who request nulls to be removed don't know these bubbles takes 8 shots on average to be popped up..

If you know you are going to run a high lvl corpus/fissure mission, you should know you will be likely to find them there.. so gearing up is taken to a new level than equiping that mirage with synoid simulor and forget about the rest..

Equip a secondary weapon with 8 or more bullets on the chamber and you will be good to go!

I don't like nullifiers either but they are part of the corpus so if you are looking for fun and are running a high lvl corpus you KNOW what is there. 

Question: if you are playing for fun and you don't like nullifiers why run corpus/high lvl corpus missions for fun?

Nullifiers, while currently the most interesting enemy on the starchart, is destructive to good gameplay. While designed to neuter "press-4-to-win", this has done anything but; instead, creating an environment where Corpus are un-fun and annoying to play against.

(1) Nullifiers trivialize high-burst weapons, such as shotguns and sniper rifles, and causing a MK-1 Braton to be better vs lvl 130 Nullifier bubbles than a 6 forma Sancti Tigris.

(2) Nullifiers not only prevent power usage (Something not even Stalker can boast), but also dispel ALL warframe powers (something Stalker cannot do either, although he can ignore most), and prevent their use towards nearby allies (again, Nullifiers beat Stalker hands-down.) This causes Warframes that rely on powers for self-defense (Valkyr with Warcry, Inaros with Scarab Armor, Frost with Snow globe, Banshee with Savage Silence, just to name a few) to be near-useless or immensely suicidal when a Nullifer enters the scene.

(3) In connection with the above (2): Nullifers remove agency from gameplay. Instead of allowing players to tailor loadouts around a faction, players are forced to tailor weapons around one specific enemy unit. High fire rate weapons with ammo mutation are a must, or a melee-centric loadout with Primed Reach or Naramon's Shadow Step. And don't even get me started on Nullifers dropping from ledges unseen, dispelling my powers instantly. Used to be there was a delay as long as you didn't attack, but not even GTFO-ing will save your sorry hide now.

(4) Nullifers start missions with their shields out, causing stealth-based warframes to be near-useless on Corpus missions. (Usefullness is somewhat arbitrary on this one.) Could just cause them to only deploy shields once they spot an enemy, thus allowing an aware Tenno to take them out with ease.

(5) And the clincher: Nullifers are the single most powerful enemy on the star-chart, and they are one of the most common Corpus units. If they were a mini-boss (a la Stalker), this could be argued against. Stalker's Dispel is less dangerous, and Zanuka's dispel doesn't always target you. Both are Boss-level enemies, that you'll see at most once per mission, not 3-4 at once.

Rework Nullifiers or remove them, IDGAF at this point. Just one more thing that shows DE doesn't play their own game.

27 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Game design where you are practically forced to take weapons and frames you don't like is not the definition of "fine"

You say this as though the game is at fault for your opinion of what you do or do not like. FALLACY. o3o

Just now, DiosGX said:

You say this as though the game is at fault for your opinion of what you do or do not like. FALLACY. o3o

You say that as if human beings are wrong for having the ability to form opinions and favorites, Mr. Fallacious

A game that rewards players for getting out of their comfort zone is good. Nullifiers are not how you go about such a goal