Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

22 minutes ago, Vlada91 said:

I guess DE said that the umbra is the big thing in the main quest in update19... so if he does not come out then, then he never will! -_-

No they didn't.

They said it provided some explanation behind umbras. Not that it's coming out or that it's the big thing of 19. 

Edited by Naith

36 minutes ago, Vlada91 said:

I guess DE said that the umbra is the big thing in the main quest in update19... so if he does not come out then, then he never will! -_-

they never said anything about umbra being in update 19 nor it being the major thing , please get your information correct

3 minutes ago, (PS4)joe03827 said:

they never said anything about umbra being in update 19 nor it being the major thing , please get your information correct

Actually they did. Rebecca practically screamed it at us when she said "If we had told you what the Tenno were before the Second Dream, you'd have been disappointed."

Obviously that's not an outright yes, but it's pretty heavy in implications. Please don't start acting all high and mighty when you know just about as much as the next person.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Redemption_015 said:

They hinted heavily that Umbra is coming quite soon. Also considering the fact that they keep saying U19 is huge in terms of content, I'd say it's a good bet Umbra will be in there somewhere.

i have no problem with that but he said it like it was a fact and confirmed or something

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Redemption_015 said:

They hinted heavily that Umbra is coming quite soon. Also considering the fact that they keep saying U19 is huge in terms of content, I'd say it's a good bet Umbra will be in there somewhere.

They hinted it's coming. What they didn't hint was that it was coming in 19. 

Background is coming in 19. Not the fully fledged Umbra content. 

Edited by Naith

Just now, Naith said:

They hinted it's coming. What they didn't hint that it was coming in 19. 

Background is coming in 19. Not the fully fledged Umbra content. 

So they'll add the background but not the actual frame that's been sitting on the shelf for ten months? Yea.....no. I don't think DE can pull any more troll moves with this anymore.

I guess DE said that update 19 will be show in Tenno-Con and it's only for 53 days for this miracle to happen. I think that's enough time to take out the full update with the umbra and other things?

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Redemption_015 said:

Actually they did. Rebecca practically screamed it at us when she said "If we had told you what the Tenno were before the Second Dream, you'd have been disappointed."

Obviously that's not an outright yes, but it's pretty heavy in implications. Please don't start acting all high and mighty when you know just about as much as the next person.

I'm not trying to be high and  mighty i just down wanna have my hopes up and get sad  , let's all just hope that it is indeed U19

2 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

maybe we should make a poll for umbra U19 

anyone want to make a straw poll :? 

Making a poll is the most pointless thing we could do. 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)joe03827 said:

uuh that was me talking aout me thing that umbra would be at tennocon but nobdy knows just my speculation , i just want umbra , i cry

@Vlada91

Oh you're on console now Vlada?

If you proceed on the assumption that Excalibur Umbra must and will come with Update 19, then one of two things will happen:

1. It does, and people will respond with "Finally, goddam give me my Umbra."

2. It doesn't, and people rant and rage and say some very silly things indeed.

If you proceed on the assumption that Excalibur Umbra may be coming with Update 19, then one of two things will happen:

1. It does, and everyone gets to be pleasantly surprised as we figure out what the Hek the deal is. Some people will be annoyed because their headcanon gets rekt by the lore implications, which is great. I play this game for tragic lore implications and shocking post-human hubris, played out over centuries. Also to shot mans.

2. It doesn't, and while people are disappointed and say so, no-one actually explodes in INTERNET FURY because everyone had reasonable expectations.

Play it cool. Proceed with the idea that Umbra is probably, but not certainly, coming with U19, and you can't get too upset.

15 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

If you proceed on the assumption that Excalibur Umbra must and will come with Update 19, then one of two things will happen:

1. It does, and people will respond with "Finally, goddam give me my Umbra."

2. It doesn't, and people rant and rage and say some very silly things indeed.

If you proceed on the assumption that Excalibur Umbra may be coming with Update 19, then one of two things will happen:

1. It does, and everyone gets to be pleasantly surprised as we figure out what the Hek the deal is. Some people will be annoyed because their headcanon gets rekt by the lore implications, which is great. I play this game for tragic lore implications and shocking post-human hubris, played out over centuries. Also to shot mans.

2. It doesn't, and while people are disappointed and say so, no-one actually explodes in INTERNET FURY because everyone had reasonable expectations.

Play it cool. Proceed with the idea that Umbra is probably, but not certainly, coming with U19, and you can't get too upset.

I'm proceeding with may. I never set anything in stone anymore.

21 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

maybe we should make a poll for umbra U19 

anyone want to make a straw poll :? 

And if Umbra is not coming out in u19, we'd be postponing U19 EVEN MORE due to extra dev time if DE chooses to listen to that kind of poll. Which they probably won't.

from what i gathered from the last dev stream, umbra is still a ways away, i took it as they want to release it with a huge chunk of lore that involves not just the umbras but the other warframes as well. while it MIGHT  come with u19, theres nothing to indicate that it actually will, and if it does then it'll probably the related to The War Within. .....actually, that would make some sense potentially, depending on how they're working with The War Within, but players should never just assume something is going to happen, unless the devs directly state the X iis going to happen, then if it doesnt its not the players expecting things that were never confirmed

27 minutes ago, NightBlitz said:

from what i gathered from the last dev stream, umbra is still a ways away, i took it as they want to release it with a huge chunk of lore that involves not just the umbras but the other warframes as well. while it MIGHT  come with u19, theres nothing to indicate that it actually will, and if it does then it'll probably the related to The War Within. .....actually, that would make some sense potentially, depending on how they're working with The War Within, but players should never just assume something is going to happen, unless the devs directly state the X iis going to happen, then if it doesnt its not the players expecting things that were never confirmed

Well, no one knew exactly what was coming in U18 and it can only go uphill from there. War Within will probably clear up whether or not the Warframes are sentient beings in there own right. I have a feeling that Umbra will be related to that.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Redemption_015 said:

Well, no one knew exactly what was coming in U18 and it can only go uphill from there. War Within will probably clear up whether or not the Warframes are sentient beings in there own right. I have a feeling that Umbra will be related to that.

Mabye the war between the light and the dark WARFRAMES?

42 minutes ago, Necrius said:

Guess what - Umbra frames are Sentients' attempt to counter Tenno. We'll fight them and defeat them and get their blueprints to use as our own.

Steve said it will not be as easy as "the blueprints' are in the game, go get it now". It will be somehow difficult to acquire the parts. 

15 minutes ago, LogaMC1995 said:

Steve said it will not be as easy as "the blueprints' are in the game, go get it now". It will be somehow difficult to acquire the parts. 

Lower chance than vengeful revenant , YAY 

Edited by (PS4)joe03827