Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

3 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

Warframe0003.jpg- wait....by their hands or ours? 

I think this might simply means something like "Alad V will die", or something like that.

The acolytes are hunting Alad V during the event.
During second dream, Hunhow identifies Alad V as an Orokin and threatens to kill him.
The Stalker is under Hunhow's control, and it is implied that the acolytes are Stalker's followers.

I may go as far as theorise that chronologically, the hunt of the acolytes for Alad V may have started during second dream, when he tells us that something found him and he has to flee, interrupting comunications.

Some of these might be wrong, but notable things i heard were:

- "Join us"

- "You are just a puppet"

- "We're taking over" 

- "You will give in to us. You can not see"

- "You will join us. Give up, you're are just a puppet"

- "You are not dead"

Shadows of the Executors : a warframe hypothesis 

stalker and acolytes + executor orokin based theory

weve see that executor balas has been involved with vauban and saryn primes  

the executors were the judge jury of the orokin 

so i have a hypothesis on this 

so lets recap the executors did trials in this place (now on moon)  

Spoiler

HallofJudgement.png

tumblr_o3l84eUv7Z1umt0tio1_1280.jpg

now if we think on these executors as the judges of orokin society 

(fan art concept art by stallordD)

Spoiler

CW8CURf.jpgnnmHtyG.jpgH5lfyIK.jpg

now lets proceed with some conjecture:

reviewing that one acolyte states 

X2xiToL.jpg

i began wondering on what if the orokin had developed warframes specifically for the executors to use for trials and judgments (warframes are weapons ).

I mean they are high in the society, getting their hands on a personal warframe dosnt sound far-fetched, maybe even create autonomous ones that obey them and are created to serve their needs

Spoiler

Some have walked these desolate worlds while you have slept. Some like me. I remember what you did. I remember the day.
The Tenno appeared at the Terminus, gleaming and victorious. Our cold and gold Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds, all at once, the ceremonial Naga drums. A royal salute to the honored Tenno. Ten solemn beats to declare the suffering was over. I watched from a distance, with the rest of the low Guardians. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. The Tenno were not stoic and silent. They were waiting. They were poised. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.

When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by Tenno blades. The drums, the Empire, fell silent forever.

Now I hunt, dividing your numbers. Watching from that dark place, cataloging your sins, I am the ghost of retribution. You may forget but you are not innocent.

now thinking that if the shadows were made to be executor's hands or the weapons to execute those sentenced to death (maybe even tenno deserters/berserkers/wildcards/experiments gone wrong..ect)

then developing them to have more powers or ones specific to doing the whole executing job seems reasonable. they were custom made to do the job and as weve seen they can take more damage and punishment then a typical warframe. each one was a army to itself capable of taking a lot of punishment from many warframes 

stalkers powers:

Spoiler

Stalker is shown to don a uniquely made, one-of-a-kind Warframe; completely immune to all Warframe abilities, regardless of whether they affect him directly or indirectly. He is also capable of casting a wide varieties of abilities from multiple Warframes. His known used abilities are:

Slash Dash - Stalker will usually start the fight by charging at his target with his melee weapon, heavily damaging any targets in the way—Akin to the older version of this ability. After which, he will usually switch to his bow or throwing knives.
Shuriken - Stalker may occasionally use this ability when using his bow or throwing knives as a supplementary damage. This may prove to be dangerous as the projectile guarantees a Slash b Slash proc, which may kill weaker players.
Smoke Screen - Stalker may occasionally disappear from sight during the battle, during which he will use Teleport in tandem to his invisibility to move erratically across the battlefield.
Teleport - If the Stalker is currently using his melee weapon, he will often teleport behind players and use his melee to strike the unsuspecting Tenno. He usually uses this ability in tandem with his Smoke Screen to unpredictably move across the battlefield.
Reckoning - Activated roughly 10 meters towards allies who are supporting the victim player. All those who are caught by the ability are held in the initial Reckoning trance for a short duration, allowing the Stalker to resume attacking his target unimpeded.
Pull - Rarely used, if the players are out of his aiming range, he may use this ability to pull a faraway target towards him—which in turn stuns the players.
Absorb - This is the Stalker's desperate ability. If he is low on health, he will use this ability to absorb all damage and repels it back towards nearby players—Which may prove to be fatal for high-damaging players.
In addition, he possesses his own signature ability: Dispel, which purges all kinds of supportive abilities used by players, rendering all special abilities useless. It has infinite range and zero cooldown.

if these could be controlled by executors or served each one or the group then that could account for why they were a guardian order, meanign they were the personal guard to the orokin (if so they failed huh?)

im also wondering if the number of shadows = number of executors? 

From Dev Stream 74 overview:

"Umbra:

The radio silence about Umbra has been deafening in the face of all your questions, but we have been tight-lipped for a reason. Much like the identity of the Tenno for the Second Dream quest, any discussion about Umbra will spoil the lore that will be introduced by upcoming updates. There is no definitive release date, but keep an eye (and an ear) out for more info as it comes out!"

From: https://warframe.com/news/devstream-74-overview?hootPostID=0cb8edcb7889d5eda4bc5e63d5151f43 

38 minutes ago, NovusNova said:

"Umbra:

The radio silence about Umbra has been deafening in the face of all your questions, but we have been tight-lipped for a reason. Much like the identity of the Tenno for the Second Dream quest, any discussion about Umbra will spoil the lore that will be introduced by upcoming updates. There is no definitive release date, but keep an eye (and an ear) out for more info as it comes out!"

From: https://warframe.com/news/devstream-74-overview?hootPostID=0cb8edcb7889d5eda4bc5e63d5151f43 

Still no release date? Yeah right. Like I'm going to believe that after ten months. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Redemption_015 said:

Still no release date? Yeah right. Like I'm going to believe that after ten months. 

You, uh. Are not required to believe it. There's no release date because they didn't give one. That's what a release date is. It's the date the makers announce for the release of a thing. They've made no such announcement, ergo there is no release date.

The time around which DE are, amongst themselves, considering releasing Umbra is not the same thing as a release date.

Y'all have seriously got to stop trying to dictate terms to the devs.

1 minute ago, BornWithTeeth said:

You, uh. Are not required to believe it. There's no release date because they didn't give one. That's what a release date is. It's the date the makers announce for the release of a thing. They've made no such announcement, ergo there is no release date.

The time around which DE are, amongst themselves, considering releasing Umbra is not the same thing as a release date.

Y'all have seriously got to stop trying to dictate terms to the devs.

I'm not dictating anything. I'm simply saying that I firmly believe Umbra has already got his release date but they don't want to tell us because of spoilers. U19 incoming.

2 hours ago, NovusNova said:

"Umbra:

thanks 

6 hours ago, NovusNova said:

"Umbra:

And I have planned to share this with others :smile: (introduced by upcoming updates)  something tells me that is coming in to a major update 19 :cool: 

9 hours ago, NovusNova said:

"Umbra:

Well, thanks for posting here!

I assume, that while many people still won't accept it due to the overhype growing since 11 months, this means it won't be in U19.

First of all because it speaks about majour updateS, so it may be a process starting in one update(= introducing the lore, preparing the set) and ending into another(= actually releasing the frame); second, but probably more obvious, do you really think U19 release date is not set yet? It's not like we're in U18.6 where U19 is still months away.

Sure, U19 is soon but not in a matter of a week or 2, but still I'm pretty sure they have a release date in mind, which might change depending on the development but that it's not for sure "no definitive", like if it was something a few updates away.

At least DE acknowledged his existence, more so than before. Knowing that he is going to be part of a Second Dream style lore bomb, I rather them take the time and make it wondrous like the Second Dream or even better.

If it is not in Update 19:

Ryan-Gosling-Shrug.gif

But if it is:

Jonah-hill-omg.gif

5 minutes ago, CloneWarsrulz said:

At least DE acknowledged his existence, more so than before. Knowing that he is going to be part of a Second Dream style lore bomb, I rather them take the time and make it wondrous like the Second Dream or even better.

If it is not in Update 19:

Ryan-Gosling-Shrug.gif

But if it is:

Jonah-hill-omg.gif

I agree with you sir

30 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

continuing with my stalker + executor theory 

from what ive gathered orokin had  7 executors from the moon tiles court area (7 face locations) 

tumblr_o3l84eUv7Z1umt0tio1_1280.jpg

and we know there are  7 shadows (stalker) + 6 acolytes

it has sense, one guardian for a executor