Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

2 hours ago, LegionCynex said:

Consider it done!

I want a Umbra Ash! or Vauban

23 minutes ago, (PS4)joe03827 said:

I want Umbra Nova , ples DE

dear lotus what have i started O-e  

..umbra ash sounds epic all things considered  ... 

umbra nova..... *throws plat* yes o. o please 

2 hours ago, (PS4)joe03827 said:

I like who everyone didn't understand what i said lol

i kinda understood it..but wasnt sure if the meaning was right 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Speculation:

if umbra dont need operator and have a special focus trees. that mean the 4 socles inside the orbiters will maybe be a emplacement for a umbra itself (like a guard) or a special focus tree!

4 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

dont know ......it could be like change mod, use operator with prime vanilas or change over to umbras no operator ?

Perhaps the bond between Operator and Warframe is a symbiotic relationship. If the Operator's influence over the Warframe some how increases it's strength/ability and and the Umbra Warframe realizes this and in pursuit of power it allows the Operator to use it in transference.

Going through this thread makes me gain and lose hype everytime I'm here. Like, we have been waiting a long time for a dribble of hints or leaks.

My hype is still neutral. This game is fun and boring, rewarding and frustrating. With the lack of updates and content this year makes me think that umbra will be in u19p3 but I think that's just my optimism. I don't think he will be in 19 and that's really frustrating. Reason being, what would a war involving the grineer queens have anything to do with umbra? How would they write that together? If umbra and and the stalker and the acolytes are related, then how would the be related to the grineer? Stalker has a lot more connections with the sentience than with the grineer.

6 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

dont know ......it could be like change mod, use operator with prime vanilas or change over to umbras no operator ?

I like the idea of an umbra being the warframe and separating. second dream made me uspet that we are pretty much a remote control and rc battle armor

14 hours ago, yual said:

Speculation:

if umbra dont need operator and have a special focus trees. that mean the 4 socles inside the orbiters will maybe be a emplacement for a umbra itself (like a guard) or a special focus tree!

I whuold like that, but I also whuold like this for all our frames, if maybe we can have a special Focus, that forces us to make each Tenno to fit each Frame, you kown, like..the..Excal Codex said?

Just saying, if it turns out to be the case that an Umbra 'frame works by somehow replacing the Tenno Operator, or forcibly uploading the Operator, or surgically mutilating the Operator to fit into some kind of cavity in the Warframe, then I will respond by destroying Umbra Warframes on sight. If an Umbra 'frame comes within a kilometer of my landing craft I will not permit it to survive, and if one attempts to get on board my Orbiter then I may actually respond by nuking a small but significant part of the landmass where it tries this.

i-say-we-take-off-and-nuke-the-entire-si

Edited by BornWithTeeth

11 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Just saying, if it turns out to be the case that an Umbra 'frame works by somehow replacing the Tenno Operator, or forcibly uploading the Operator, or surgically mutilating the Operator to fit into some kind of cavity in the Warframe, then I will respond by destroying Umbra Warframes on sight. If an Umbra 'frame comes within a kilometer of my landing craft I will not permit it to survive, and if one attempts to get on board my Orbiter then I may actually respond by nuking a small but significant part of the landmass where it tries this.

Umbras are so edgy, it will slash proc the nuke from its launch and detonate it instantly.

I think it's pretty safe to assume that Umbra is going to be an enemy warframe, the same class as the Stalker and his acolytes. I'm going to bet that they won't have access to the focus system since they won't be controlled by an operator, per se. They will probably have some kind of 'Umbra system' thing instead. I say this because this next quest is obviously going to deal with 'The War Within', a.k.a. operator vs. warframe conflict (in direct reference to Lotus' last line in the Second Dream quest). On top of that, the way the Stalker (and the Shadow Stalker) behave is only indicative of a rage-filled warframe who is not operating under the control of a operator, as indicated during the final sequence of the Second Dream and by the fact that the Stalker seemed fine with Hunhow essentially telling him to go kill the operators ('cleave it beating from its nest'). That's how I see it. I'm also certain that Umbra will manifest during The War Within quest. This whole thing about the Grineer Kweens is most likely going to be a coverup for the real 'thing' we run into on the way there. Now, I don't know if we will be able to get our hands on Umbra in this update. But since Steve stated that the quest will result in game changing mechanics, I'm pretty sure Umbra is going to some part of that. 

8 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

lol whenever i see nuke in warframe i think of my concept design 

8 hours ago, LogaMC1995 said:

Umbras are so edgy, it will slash proc the nuke from its launch and detonate it instantly.

giphy.gif