Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

34 minutes ago, ChaoSoldier1986 said:

An Umbra Mechanic that could be interesting is that they constantly lose Health Over Time and have a Lower Health Pool, but come with an innate Life Strike ability as well as increase Power Strength and Range.

Like I said just a thought I was mulling over.

I absolutely hate that idea.

27 minutes ago, (XB1)Yeah Its Eli said:

How much was the last founders pack cost and how do you become a founder?

Founders program had different packs, which costed $20, $50, $100 and $250 and gave access to different stuff based on the tier:

Founders access was offered as a one-time only, so there's no way to become one since November 1st 2013 

More info here

3 hours ago, -----LegioN----- said:

Founders program had different packs, which costed $20, $50, $100 and $250 and gave access to different stuff based on the tier:

Founders access was offered as a one-time only, so there's no way to become one since November 1st 2013 

More info here

And I'm fairly certain Grand Master was dropped to $150 in the final week.

1 hour ago, Aresco said:

Wish there were still a way to upgrade cuz why not -shrugs-

1 hour ago, WaRsHooTer666 said:

Yes .. same here .. we are still founder .. i never understood that , why we arent able to upgrade any more

I'm pretty sure that, if founders could upgrade their account at any time there would be a big part of the community in arms for it because founders could upgrade their status by paying the difference between their last paid pack and the next one, meaning that founders program would still be available but only to founders, which makes no sense.

On the other side, if the pack had been announced as something remaining but only for founders, there would be way more disciples, mostly players giving the minimum and waiting to see what happens in the future to see if the game is worth spending some money to upgrade their status.

Imo, things are fine this way, give a chance to upgrade and higher tier founders might complain because they have nothing new to get while their lato prime is coming back for founders who didn't get it on the first release, even tough they were promised it would stay exclusive. While on the other side, the biggest part of the community is kept away from any chance at that pack anyways, so if they eventually decided opening an "upgrade your founder status week" might be basically the same, or even worse than plainly breaking their promise and re-releasing that pack (which I hope won't happen)

1 hour ago, WaRsHooTer666 said:

we need more exc. primes out there

I guess that's another story that has only one way to be fixed and DE is most likely not gonna allow it anyways.

18 minutes ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

Unless I'm mistaken, this marks the very first time PC and console are on the same update.

Yeah, now it's time to wait for next updates to be released on similar dates. If things keep this pace, console and pc players alike will be getting SotR and TWW on very close dates. What if eventually everyone starts getting updates at the same time? Imo, that would be wonderful.

52 minutes ago, -----LegioN----- said:

I'm pretty sure that, if founders could upgrade their account at any time there would be a big part of the community in arms for it because founders could upgrade their status by paying the difference between their last paid pack and the next one, meaning that founders program would still be available but only to founders, which makes no sense.

On the other side, if the pack had been announced as something remaining but only for founders, there would be way more disciples, mostly players giving the minimum and waiting to see what happens in the future to see if the game is worth spending some money to upgrade their status.

Imo, things are fine this way, give a chance to upgrade and higher tier founders might complain because they have nothing new to get while their lato prime is coming back for founders who didn't get it on the first release, even tough they were promised it would stay exclusive. While on the other side, the biggest part of the community is kept away from any chance at that pack anyways, so if they eventually decided opening an "upgrade your founder status week" might be basically the same, or even worse than plainly breaking their promise and re-releasing that pack (which I hope won't happen)

I guess that's another story that has only one way to be fixed and DE is most likely not gonna allow it anyways.

Yeah, now it's time to wait for next updates to be released on similar dates. If things keep this pace, console and pc players alike will be getting SotR and TWW on very close dates. What if eventually everyone starts getting updates at the same time? Imo, that would be wonderful.

I'm not sure well ever see them simultaneously because it seems like they use PC as the testing ground for hotfixes because they can put them out right away there. I think well always be behind due to them using PC to iron out bugs. Hopefully bringing them closer though means they'll focus on bringing strong builds so they won't have make a hundred hotfixes before bringing console a decent build. I'd rather them not rush and put together sloppy builds because that ultimately leads to them taking even longer than pacing themselves and releasing something solid.

1 hour ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

I know you PC people will be salty as hell if DE heads off to Tennocon leaving you guys without Spectors tomorrow.

You know what would make me salty as hell. If at the end of The War Within Umbra is revealed and talked about, but the quest ends and we have to wait ANOTHER update for him. I think I would actually just lay on my floor for days

1 hour ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

I know you PC people will be salty as hell if DE heads off to Tennocon leaving you guys without Spectors tomorrow.

Do you actually resent the folks who play Warframe on PC? Because that really is the impression which I often get from your posts.

1 hour ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Do you actually resent the folks who play Warframe on PC? Because that really is the impression which I often get from your posts.

nah, I hate the elitists on there but that's about it. Also, the most recent post in which you quoted holds no I'll will in context towards PC players. I was simply making a statement on something I believe would be true. The only jealously I honestly hold towards PC players is that you guys get your updates slightly faster, and more often than we do, and that you guys had an opportunity at a founders pack that console players never got and I don't think that's right. The first ones nobody's fault and the second ones DE's fault. I notice a trend of PC players butting heads with me on here. This is pretty much the only topic im on because its such a long-running thread, probably one of the most popular topics on the whole forum. I suppose once Umbra comes out and we know what's going on with the other Umbra frames you'll never see my posts again.

1 hour ago, Demoonic said:

You know what would make me salty as hell. If at the end of The War Within Umbra is revealed and talked about, but the quest ends and we have to wait ANOTHER update for him. I think I would actually just lay on my floor for days

why not, we already waited a year, whats another major update? Jk. im sure people will be up DEs case if they dont deliver him on pt 3.

Edited by (XB1)ToothlessApollo