Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

1 hour ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Hey guys, you know that thing where people say "Now, I'm not talking about datamined spoilers, but here are my thoughts about the datamined spoilers,"?

Y'all are doing it again.

yep.. it still is a EULA offense as its technically promoting it 

"2a) LEAKED/DATA-MINED CONTENT- Please do not promote or share leaks or data-mined information in the forums. If you are concerned about leaks please PM the DE staff. Continued posting of leaks/rumors will result in a warning point if the action continues after initial contact. We want to assure all Tenno are able to share in the excitement of new content when it is released to public. Addressing speculation and rumors takes attention away from the crucial content, changes, and fixes that are prioritized to further improve the game."~NovusNova

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

so...

as mods have stated , the frame itself was ready, but the additional content was not ... some contemplation  arose in my mind...

lets think on this .. the next big quest is war within..so it is a likely launch platform ...as umbra excal was hopefully to launch soon ... and de did plan for an earlier U19 launch..its just been..bug/glitch ridden and they need that cleaned up before consoles get it .....probably made them relook at the warwithin update and see if any "issues" were laying in wait .... thus the delay to resolve unforeseen problems in the coding

some thoughts ive had due to the trailers and others provided thoughts..

from that we know the twin queens and teshin(now) is involved in war within ....

(  Rebecca made little remarks about teshin being a betrayer  <-seemed like hints?)

from this we cannot draw any conclusions as of yet ...

but the operator wandering about in the snow, near a temple /cave of sorts has me wondering ...

if the umbra series is to be a limited one .. and umbra excal was completed already 

does that mean they were busy creating some other umbras to release along side him possibly?

as of yet we dont know how we get "umbras" but unlike primes which have a prime access and a slow cycle , it isnt out of the question for DE just to release more then one or release them much faster then the prime counterparts ....\

just speculation though 

Born from the from the ashes of our great empire. Our vengence will come from the darkest of shadow .- Ballas on the Umbra collection

Lore

An umbra is the darkest part of a shadow so based on that definition essentially umbra are frames bathe in the purest of void energies which are found in the deepest and darkest corners of the everlasting void. It will be revealed that not all the true orokin are dead. Ballas remains. Essentially he somehow survived the massacre of the orokin. He finds out the tenno were deceived into betraying him and he hatred for the sentients grow. However because lotus looks or, is margulis he has a soft spot for her. Essential when speaking to lotus he will always call her margulis similar to how hunhow calls her natah. Teshin will basically suck up to Ballas at all times because hes an orokin.

Purchases

Umbra access will be a thing for those players who would rather buy the content rather then grind for it. Same prime as prime access.

How Umbra's work

Ballas essential acts as a vendor. In exchange for tokens of Umbra. He sells the lastest umbra frame parts for these coins .The coins themselves can be bought from baro as a permanent addition like the inaros quest for 150 ducats per coin or maroos bazaar for 300 ducats. They can also be earned from void rare crate or, as a sortie reward. To build a umbra in addition to normal building requirements a fully ranked frame in required. The Umbra frame should be viewed as a direct upgrade to your current frame rather then an entirely new frame. They should emphasize sacrifice being that each variant suffers from a stat being lowered to greatly boast another i.e. base power duration is higher vs a lower power strength.  Also while using a umbra ballas will talk not lotus

Fedback

8 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

so...

as mods have stated , the frame itself was ready, but the additional content was not ... some contemplation  arose in my mind...

lets think on this .. the next big quest is war within..so it is a likely launch platform ...as umbra excal was hopefully to launch soon ... and de did plan for an earlier U19 launch..its just been..bug/glitch ridden and they need that cleaned up before consoles get it .....probably made them relook at the warwithin update and see if any "issues" were laying in wait .... thus the delay to resolve unforeseen problems in the coding

some thoughts ive had due to the trailers and others provided thoughts..

from that we know the twin queens and teshin(now) is involved in war within ....

(  Rebecca made little remarks about teshin being a betrayer  <-seemed like hints?)

from this we cannot draw any conclusions as of yet ...

but the operator wandering about in the snow, near a temple /cave of sorts has me wondering ...

if the umbra series is to be a limited one .. and umbra excal was completed already 

does that mean they were busy creating some other umbras to release along side him possibly?

as of yet we dont know how we get "umbras" but unlike primes which have a prime access and a slow cycle , it isnt out of the question for DE just to release more then one or release them much faster then the prime counterparts ....\

just speculation though 

I don't think that they are releasing a playable umbra this update, let a lone multiple

2 hours ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

Born from the from the ashes of our great empire. Our vengence will come from the darkest of shadow .- Ballas on the Umbra collection

Lore

An umbra is the darkest part of a shadow so based on that definition essentially umbra are frames bathe in the purest of void energies which are found in the deepest and darkest corners of the everlasting void. It will be revealed that not all the true orokin are dead. Ballas remains. Essentially he somehow survived the massacre of the orokin. He finds out the tenno were deceived into betraying him and he hatred for the sentients grow. However because lotus looks or, is margulis he has a soft spot for her. Essential when speaking to lotus he will always call her margulis similar to how hunhow calls her natah. Teshin will basically suck up to Ballas at all times because hes an orokin.

Purchases

Umbra access will be a thing for those players who would rather buy the content rather then grind for it. Same prime as prime access.

How Umbra's work

Ballas essential acts as a vendor. In exchange for tokens of Umbra. He sells the lastest umbra frame parts for these coins .The coins themselves can be bought from baro as a permanent addition like the inaros quest for 150 ducats per coin or maroos bazaar for 300 ducats. They can also be earned from void rare crate or, as a sortie reward. To build a umbra in addition to normal building requirements a fully ranked frame in required. The Umbra frame should be viewed as a direct upgrade to your current frame rather then an entirely new frame. They should emphasize sacrifice being that each variant suffers from a stat being lowered to greatly boast another i.e. base power duration is higher vs a lower power strength.  Also while using a umbra ballas will talk not lotus

Fedback

I assume this is speculation

3 hours ago, Nashucus said:

I really like the idea, I just think it might be a little lore breaking given the current idea of umbra versus prime

Plus, Steve said really early on in development that the idea behind Umbra warframes are darker, warped versions of currently existing frames. In order to be considered a "dark" version of a warframe, there must be an aspect to it unlike any other, and it can't just be the intent behind its creation. There needs to be one/several things "off" about this variant (lore wise or mechanic wise).

Edited by LazerSkink

On 7/30/2016 at 6:56 AM, LazerSkink said:

I personally see a sincere lack of empathy as another problem regarding the topic of Excalibur Umbra (specifically Excalibur). Steve has stated that he understands players are anxious about him. Given recent events, I'm not entirely sure that's true, though to be completely honest, I've felt this way since a few months after it began. If he truly understood the playerwide longing for Excal Umbra, we wouldn't be hearing the same answer on a constant basis; instead a message actually assuring.

What I'm most personally bummed out about is what seems to be an unshared interest, seen almost transparently at TennoLive 2016. I swear to god if Sheldon didn't say "within a cycle of months", Steve would have continued to stutter and sweat eventually leading to a possible nervous breakdown on stage (he himself went on to "around the corner"). The entire "discussion" at the event was just awkward and uncomfortable, and it didn't help when Geoff said literally the same thing he once had before on a devstream; "We have plans for Umbra", obviously after a struggle to find any words, let alone the "right" ones. All of this just bums me out as it seems DE doesn't care about the individual frame as much as many players do. I mean no disrespect to DE, trust me, though I feel whenever the word comes up, Steve sighs and thinks "Not this s*** again". It didn't help when Rebecca asked, "But it's this year, right?", and went entirely unanswered. Though, all of this stuttering and gaps between words may very well be careful prowling so as not to avoid spoiling something that possibly has had a lot of work done on it. This thought seems to be only wishful thinking however.

I want Excalibur Umbra to be released in the War Within; I want him to look exactly as he does in the Chinese build; I want to finally own an upgrade to Excalibur who happens to be one of my few most played frames (and there is absolutely nothing wrong with this no matter what anyone says). Will any of these desires be fulfilled? Who the hell knows, I just want all of them to happen (which is expecting too much). 

I get what you mean, but honestly when it comes to content in anything as the creator you want it to be received a certain way and meeting the players half way with even talking about it in any capacity means something. If I'm writing a multi part series that has a lets say average fan base, I don't want people knocking down my door constantly asking about whats gonna happen to the character next, or who's gonna die next. As much as I want to know something, as much as I want to see something, as much as I want to play Excal Umbra, DE as the creators are entitled to releasing the content when they see fit. People can say that they'll stop playing/leave/say mean things , but DE still and will always have that entitlement to their own creations.

Also in my opinion Umbra will probably be released in the War Within.

Played Warframe for 3 years and have yet to create something out of it.

The hype for Excalibur Umbra is still there since 1 year ago, and I desire a form of reminder of why I still follow Warframe.

11 hours work on this one and only logo...
with reference attached too. :)

13686744_1049105018503939_53185818019728

Edited by GamelYosh