Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

13 minutes ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Maybe because Umbras could talk to us and could tell us about our past and maybe the Umbras could take the reigns with enough willpower like when they killed the Orokin? Maybe the Umbras are like stalker,can have different powers, can talk and are pure Orokin?

I entertained the thought that the Umbras might challenge the Lotus for the leadership over the Tenno. Since Lotus practicaly stole and hid us from Teshin and the rest of the world.

17 minutes ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

I also noticed that Umbra looks more like Excalibur than the prime. The prime seems more like an altered vanilla version. While the umbras *horns* and gold pieces match up with the energy and metal pieces on excaliburs head the back of the primes head looks nothing like either. Almost like excal is a cheap mass produced copy of umbra. I also noticed that Umbras horn is angled like excalibur while primes is....angled in a completely different direcion.

You didn't read much of my conversation with mako did you? :D

I wrote

1 hour ago, Deshiel said:

Not 100% sure but I think that DE described Prime items as regulars upgraded with Orokin tech.

Maybe Umbras will be the actual Orokin warframes, meanwhile the Primes are just Orokin'd tenno warframes.

1 hour ago, Deshiel said:

The more I compare the look of Excalibur Umbra to Excalibur Prime the more It starts to make sense.

If you look at Excalibur Prime, all his golden parts are somewhat inserted in. Mostly his visor looks like it was chiped in.

Umbra on the other hand has his golden parts positioned around the warframe as decorations and it appears less crude and more elegant.

3 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

Nope. Differently. Umbras would want to take the tenno back from the Lotus. Stalker just wanted to murder everybody.

Yes but the stalker loved the orokin and the stalker and the orokin hated the sentients/lotus due to them killing the orokin but than again we cant be sure of why the tenno killed to orokin. 

Just now, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Yes but the stalker loved the orokin and the stalker and the orokin hated the sentients/lotus due to them killing the orokin but than again we cant be sure of why the tenno killed to orokin. 

We already know why... Did you play the quests? :D

1 minute ago, Deshiel said:

We already know why... Did you play the quests? :D

Yes...what I'm saying is that we can never be 100% sure. I know the operator says that couldn't let the orokin go... But then if the operator is the one at fault why does the stalker punish the Warframe and not the operator?

2 minutes ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Yes...what I'm saying is that we can never be 100% sure. I know the operator says that couldn't let the orokin go... But then if the operator is the one at fault why does the stalker punish the Warframe and not the operator?

Because the warframe is the operator. Hes just not wearing it. The operator stands behind it. Guiding its actions. Also Stalker didn't "punish" the warframe. He tried to disable it to prevent the operator from using it on him.

11 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

Because the warframe is the operator. Hes just not wearing it. The operator stands behind it. Guiding its actions. Also Stalker didn't "punish" the warframe. He tried to disable it to prevent the operator from using it on him.

Im talking about after the quest..if he can get into your liset which now we know he can why doesn't he..mabye because he's not after the operator. The warframe shows that it has sentience, look up the second dream sketches. The frame gets up and fights the stalker while the operator is basically unconscious in the original sketch and the devs said the ONLY REASON that they didnt use it is because it was cheesy so the lore from that sketch technically still stands. 

Those saying Prime looks like modified regular frames need to understand the lore of the game, again. Primes are THE original frames and vanilla frames are mass-copy of Primes. Excalibur Prime looks closer to vanilla than comparing Umbra to vanilla is because he was the FIRST Prime to be designed by DE so not much bling added upon the vanilla model. Unlike current Vauban Prime that have blings everywhere. I would say that Umbra maybe used by the "low guardian" or maybe Umbra will be an actual suit that Operators can wear.

7 hours ago, Deshiel said:

The more I compare the look of Excalibur Umbra to Excalibur Prime the more It starts to make sense.

If you look at Excalibur Prime, all his golden parts are somewhat inserted in. Mostly his visor looks like it was chiped in.

Umbra on the other hand has his golden parts positioned around the warframe as decorations and it appears less crude and more elegant.

I guess it's just because Excalibur Prime was the first Prime at all and DE didn't even know if the game was making it to open Beta; I mean, we can all see how the game and the developers themselves have improved in 4 years!

Prime frames are one of the indicators, with the very first ones being quite simple and trivial and the latest being much more defined and detailed.

Comparing Excalibur Umbra to Excalibur Prime is like comparing the first tileset to the Moon one and assume the differences mean something lore related.

P.S. as always, not trying to burst anyone's bubble, just trying to be realistic and sticking to the facts! ;) Overhyped as always about Umbra and curious about its lore!

Edited by siralextraffo

7 hours ago, Deshiel said:

Not 100% sure but I think that DE described Prime items as regulars upgraded with Orokin tech.

Maybe Umbras will be the actual Orokin warframes, meanwhile the Primes are just Orokin'd tenno warframes.

Nope. If you search Prime on the wiki, it's stated that the Primes are the original Warframes. The Tenno ones are based off of the Prime design but aren't as good.

7 hours ago, LogaMC1995 said:

Those saying Prime looks like modified regular frames need to understand the lore of the game, again. Primes are THE original frames and vanilla frames are mass-copy of Primes. Excalibur Prime looks closer to vanilla than comparing Umbra to vanilla is because he was the FIRST Prime to be designed by DE so not much bling added upon the vanilla model. Unlike current Vauban Prime that have blings everywhere. I would say that Umbra maybe used by the "low guardian" or maybe Umbra will be an actual suit that Operators can wear.

3 hours ago, siralextraffo said:

I guess it's just because Excalibur Prime was the first Prime at all and DE didn't even know if the game was making it to open Beta; I mean, we can all see how the game and the developers themselves have improved in 4 years!

Prime frames are one of the indicators, with the very first ones being quite simple and trivial and the latest being much more defined and detailed.

Comparing Excalibur Umbra to Excalibur Prime is like comparing the first tileset to the Moon one and assume the differences mean something lore related.

P.S. as always, not trying to burst anyone's bubble, just trying to be realistic and sticking to the facts! ;) Overhyped as always about Umbra and curious about its lore!

3 hours ago, (PS4)Redemption_015 said:

Nope. If you search Prime on the wiki, it's stated that the Primes are the original Warframes. The Tenno ones are based off of the Prime design but aren't as good.

My theory would justify why does Excal Prime look so cheap in comparison to the other Primes. :D

3 hours ago, siralextraffo said:

Not only that but the excal prime statues debunk this theory as well.

9 hours ago, Deshiel said:

I entertained the thought that the Umbras might challenge the Lotus for the leadership over the Tenno. Since Lotus practicaly stole and hid us from Teshin and the rest of the world.

9 hours ago, Deshiel said:

Nope. Differently. Umbras would want to take the tenno back from the Lotus. Stalker just wanted to murder everybody.

12 hours ago, (PS4)joe03827 said:

and so lotus took away the umbras to hide the fact who we are and what our past is and  stuff like that , i think this theory is pretty solid

Hmmm. Just a gentle reminder that if the main thing going for a theory is that you think it would be a cool story, then that theory may not be super well supported. Right now there is no evidence for Umbra being the 'real' originals while Primes are just a closer copy. Instead, there is evidence that Primes were made by the Orokin.

Aside from that, are folks proceeding on the assumption that Umbra Warframes are fully sapient and independent? That when you say "the Umbras" did this, or "the Umbras" wanted that, you mean the Warframes and not a faction of Operators?

By the way, Teshin is a scrub. He talks big and encourages people to do pvp, but he has never, ever actually shown himself to have any kind of great knowledge or capability or contacts. People be all like "Teshin is honourable and would tell us the truth!". Well here we are, and it's time to put up. Right here, right now, tell me about one time that Teshin shared a big and important truth with us, a truth which came from him, not the Lotus. 

Edited by BornWithTeeth

Ok so I probably participated in those old conversations, but here's my current thought. 

Prime = Orokin Prototype

Umbra = Orokin Production Model

Regular = Tenno Mass Produced copies with performance reduced slightly because of need to build them quickly and cheaply and not having the capability to build Umbras.