The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

8 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

why do people who come late to the party not check the ops info...i do keep it up to date ....

wUkooEz.png

Please note:

the figure seen in this is NOT Umbra per DE dev stream

they specifically stated that the Figure in the Junction is not (an) Umbra , NOT that UMBRA wouldn't be in U19.

a few tenno seem to misinterpret the words due to a language barrier or second hand info. please rember to check out the news section 

DEV 76 time-stamped 

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, just was about to say this too.

7 hours ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

its their fault because around December they decided he was gonna be released by the end of the year, then suddenly changed their mind and outta nowhere decided to come up with quest and write it around him. They CHOSE to do it this way. So yes, it is their fault. Rub the brown off your nose and get back to reality.

He is right ^

This has gone too long, Toothless is right 

13 hours ago, Tymerc said:

I hope that at least the original 8 get Umbra variants for the time being. I love my Frost Prime, but if it's true that Umbra are "stronger but darker" then the choice is obvious. Embrace the darkness for Master Xehanort and obtain even stronger abilities on top of possibly looking even... cooler. 

Frost is not part of the original 8

14 hours ago, Tymerc said:

I hope that at least the original 8 get Umbra variants for the time being. I love my Frost Prime, but if it's true that Umbra are "stronger but darker" then the choice is obvious. Embrace the darkness for Master Xehanort and obtain even stronger abilities on top of possibly looking even... cooler. 

I feel like DE will use the Acolytes to determine the Umbra series. It was said to be limited, so they probably meant the number of frames that will get a variant will be limited. The acolytes are perfect for this.

i dont understand the whole thread as well as im not allowing anybody to play with me ^^)

sometimes creations are done and then them which create this creations have to stand what is said about without any excuse ... earth is not flat

11 hours ago, KJRenz said:

Okay? It's their choice as a developer to change things. If they feel the need to make something more special than just another boring "skin", then they can do that. Another thing, they never promised anything. They've only stated "maybe" , "might"

It's not their fault that a bunch of people decided to bother them over and over about a leak to the point where they had to say something even though it wasn't final.

And coming from what you've said already proves my point. Childish. 

Now, are we here to discuss about Umbra, or bash DE for no reason?

11 hours ago, KJRenz said:

Okay? It's their choice as a developer to change things. If they feel the need to make something more special than just another boring "skin", then they can do that. Another thing, they never promised anything. They've only stated "maybe" , "might"

It's not their fault that a bunch of people decided to bother them over and over about a leak to the point where they had to say something even though it wasn't final.

And coming from what you've said already proves my point. Childish. 

Now, are we here to discuss about Umbra, or bash DE for no reason?

its people like you that keep making excuses for them that has allowed them to drag this out for this long. Yeah we wanted this real bad, but honestly, they knew we wanted it bad. They knew back in July. They coulda released him after the exclusivity period just like Wukong and Nezha, they coulda released him giving him nothing really more than a codex entry with some explanation into his existence and people woulda been fine. They still coulda did the second dream and the war within and had the umbras tied into it still. There was absolutely no reason to shelf umbra while they shove out a bunch of other frames in his wake. They had no reason to tell us he'd be out, then change their minds, then be all vague and weird and act like its a surprise. They better have one hell of a reveal for the build up. Its gotta deliver now.

1 hour ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

its people like you that keep making excuses for them that has allowed them to drag this out for this long. Yeah we wanted this real bad, but honestly, they knew we wanted it bad. They knew back in July. They coulda released him after the exclusivity period just like Wukong and Nezha, they coulda released him giving him nothing really more than a codex entry with some explanation into his existence and people woulda been fine. They still coulda did the second dream and the war within and had the umbras tied into it still. There was absolutely no reason to shelf umbra while they shove out a bunch of other frames in his wake. They had no reason to tell us he'd be out, then change their minds, then be all vague and weird and act like its a surprise. They better have one hell of a reveal for the build up. Its gotta deliver now.

So you're going to blame players who have a more logical sense of understanding of what is going on now?

You're completely ignoring the point I've made so far, ignoring the fact that BECAUSE OF A LEAK, PLAYERS BOTHERED DE TO NO END

Guess what? They could've released him but during the development process they changed their mind. You wanting Umbra badly does not give them a reason to just release him. You're further proving the points that I have made.

Again, are we here to discuss about Umbra, or bash DE with pointless statements?

Edited by KJRenz

31 minutes ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

It is not, and has never been, DE's fault that a relatively small group of players decided that Excalibur Umbra was the be-all and end-all of development. DE have never, ever told people to get hyped, have never advertised or encouraged interest in it. DE did not actually promise the release of Umbra in a timely fashion, they said they were working on it.

DE are not obliged to adjust their development priorities, nor to share their internal processes, just because (as noted) a relatively small group of players have become massively excited over one Warframe. If they decide to do something more interesting with a new Warframe variant than just shove it out the door and say "This is a new Warframe type", they entirely have the right to do so. And yes, you absolutely have the right to complain about it and say that you would prefer it if they just released it as is......but you can't say that DE have somehow breached your trust or broken a promise to you, and you certainly cannot say that DE got you all hyped up for nothing. DE have never, ever encouraged people to be super hyped over this Warframe variant. They are not responsible for your feelings.

I for one am very interested to see exactly what they do with it in the sense of the game's lore. As noted, I am a connoisseur of fine internet salt, and they have hinted that the exact manner of Umbra's introduction may disappoint some people/upset some established assumptions. I'm looking forward to it. Who knows, it may even disrupt some of my own assumptions about how stuff works, and that will be great. Every time a person is proved wrong about something, it means they've learned something new.

2 hours ago, KJRenz said:

So you're going to blame players who have a more logical sense of understanding of what is going on now?

You're completely ignoring the point I've made so far, ignoring the fact that BECAUSE OF A LEAK, PLAYERS BOTHERED DE TO NO END

Guess what? They could've released him but during the development process they changed their mind. You wanting Umbra badly does not give them a reason to just release him. You're further proving the points that I have made.

Again, are we here to discuss about Umbra, or bash DE with pointless statements?

We are talking about Umbra, we have been, in particular, about his release. For 150+ pages I've been part of the action, I've read about the good, the bad, and the really stupid ideas surrounding Umbra, and watched us retread the same grounds over and over again. It's good to know that they have some super patient followers, people who are willing to wait for over a year for a frame. Hopefully he'll come out in pt. 3 of the War Within, but I suppose they can rest assured that guys like you won't care. Hell, they can say "well, we're gonna wait 'til next year to release Umbra" and you guys will sit there like "ok DE, you take as long as you need".

69068622.jpg

6 hours ago, EmptyDevil said:

I feel like DE will use the Acolytes to determine the Umbra series. It was said to be limited, so they probably meant the number of frames that will get a variant will be limited. The acolytes are perfect for this.

thats my feelings as well. but we dont know. they could throw us a curveball like nova prime

i just hope its something linked into lore or maybe some sort of system weve overlooked 

1 hour ago, LegionCynex said:

Wait, Tymerc  Im slightly confused, what are people qouteing you about?, also this topic is about to reach 200 pages, good god..

dear lotus ..i better get the sir exalibur umbra draft done soon then D: 

10 hours ago, .The_Stalker. said:

I just want to know how many Umbras can I have..because obviously 3 appearance slots aren't going to be enough for me.

its not known yet how many other then its limited in number 

as I understand it, all frames have a prime, not all will have an umbra 

that could be taken as 90/100 %  could get umbra variant or 50/50 % ect .. we dont know 

2 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

-snip-

+1 

When the developers in charge of making a game grow in new directions and to invent new content,  tell you they have exciting ideas that they don't want to spoil for us, and then compare that reveal to their biggest update yet wich is The Second Dream - they set our expectations as high as they can go.

I was never that interested before they made that announcement, and I find that funny because it was directed at the people who were really hyped for Umbra. 

In short; they generated new Hype intentionally or not.

Stalker feels like the road they will take, ever since they talked about expanding him as a character and build the Lore, I have been waiting for more.

Accolytes, the independence from Lotus, the questionable nature of his warframe; I won't rule out that Steve wanted to eat the cake and keep it.

Second Dream explained the unliving and confusing warframes found by the enemy. But our questions and doubts remained by the warframe breaking War, and the unexplained nature of a warframe and the truth about the Stalker and what he can do.

So the Umbra might be the other side of that coin. Warframes without a Tenno Operator. Controlled by another means.

Remember this line from Stalkers Codex? 

"I have watched you from that dark place." What dark place eh? Not the blinding bright Void surely. Something we haven't seen yet.

Then he is reworked as a shadow, and eventually Umbra will somehow surprise some of us.

I am still not hyped, but I have high hopes nonetheless. 

58 minutes ago, arch111 said:

When the developers in charge of making a game grow in new directions and to invent new content,  tell you they have exciting ideas that they don't want to spoil for us, and then compare that reveal to their biggest update yet wich is The Second Dream - they set our expectations as high as they can go.

I was never that interested before they made that announcement, and I find that funny because it was directed at the people who were really hyped for Umbra. 

In short; they generated new Hype intentionally or not.

Stalker feels like the road they will take, ever since they talked about expanding him as a character and build the Lore, I have been waiting for more.

Accolytes, the independence from Lotus, the questionable nature of his warframe; I won't rule out that Steve wanted to eat the cake and keep it.

Second Dream explained the unliving and confusing warframes found by the enemy. But our questions and doubts remained by the warframe breaking War, and the unexplained nature of a warframe and the truth about the Stalker and what he can do.

So the Umbra might be the other side of that coin. Warframes without a Tenno Operator. Controlled by another means.

Remember this line from Stalkers Codex? 

"I have watched you from that dark place." What dark place eh? Not the blinding bright Void surely. Something we haven't seen yet.

Then he is reworked as a shadow, and eventually Umbra will somehow surprise some of us.

I am still not hyped, but I have high hopes nonetheless. 

yeah thats been a big part of the discussions since it started , u18 kind of added fuel to that fie with hunhow stating

"All your dread-long life, you've waited for this moment. But you're asking yourself, 'Was I one of these wretched things?' You know the answer. You still hate them. You still hate yourself."

which foreshadows many things

weather he is a full transference emptydevil frame is yet to be officially known 

my hope is the devs do a collaboration of all the ideas presented so far (or the popular ones) and add in some new twists, that way we will feel like weve at least contributed to the end result 

but in all honesty secod dream threw us a curve ball , so i hope another one like that happens

but as umbras are the dark side to the primes light side, i can only assume their is some sort of darker implications to the story we havent contemplated 

45 minutes ago, WaRsHooTer666 said:

...it´s so awesome .. yes it´s fanmade ... but i also thought there must be a Connection between prime and Umbra (excalibur)

thats awesome O> o i love how they did the primes movements 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)joe03827 said:

No i meant about Mako drawing ... j-just forget about it

probably 

something like this 

umbra_like_a_sir_by_drkmako-da7u9a0.jpg