The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

Wait. Hang on. People are actually pissed about not being able to get Excalibur Prime? Like, actually angry. This is a thing which really gets to people, that they didn't get the founder's package and that it remains exclusive. That thing I said? Cripes. Y'all are, indeed, absolutely saturated with a bizarre sense of entitlement.

You miss the point once again BWT. I'm pointing out that DE clearly haven't learned from the past when releasing another exclusive variant Excalibur. They really messed up. Most people understand why EP is exclusive to Founders and I support that decision fully as WF couldn't have been a success without them. However, it still doesn't douse the feeling of disappointment when entering the game and finding out there is an exclusive frame that has zero chance of being released again.

People accepted that EP was exclusive and moved on. But now DE has released another Excalibur and made it unnecessarily exclusive, which to many players, is the ultimate $&*^ move.

Edited by (PS4)Redemption_015

Well I've been digging on different fan website and roughly translating them and found out a few things.

-They call Umbra Excalibur, "Shadow Sword Sanctuary"

-I have no clue what this is in our version "Sanctuary paternity edge" as a melee

-I have no clue what this is in our version "Sanctuary spiral flying edge" as a vice weapon

-there is something call the "dark sword" and it being its first exposure. Don't know if its the same one we have or goes by other name in their version.

Sanctuary = Prime

Shadow = Umbra

Sword = Excalibur

Spiral flying edge = Throwing Dagger = Kunai

You miss the point once again BWT. I'm pointing out that DE clearly haven't learned from the past when releasing another exclusive variant Excalibur. They really messed up. Most people understand why EP is exclusive to Founders and I support that decision fully as WF couldn't have been a success without them. However, it still doesn't douse the feeling of disappointment when entering the game and finding out there is an exclusive frame that has zero chance of being released again.

People accepted that EP was exclusive and moved on. But now DE has released another Excalibur and made it unnecessarily exclusive, which to many players, is the ultimate $&*^ move.

First off, I'd like to say that not only does Umbra look better than Excalibur Prime (He has an entirely original design, isn't just a reskin with a different helmet, and has better stats). This is really the only loophole towards consoles and other PC players getting an upgraded Excalibur. The fact that it isn't Excalibur Prime doesn't bother me. The mere fact that the fans desires to have a primed Excalibur after a promise that sealed the deal with founders was made, one that caused a lot of salt, wasn't very well thought out, and probably never should have been made, has been sorted out. DE probably realized not too long after they decided Excalibur Prime would be a limited time exclusive deal giving people lots of bragging rights that it would anger alot of newer players. They might not EVER do a founder's promise like this ever again with future games (hopefully they learned their lesson). The only way Excalibur Prime could ever legally come back as himself is if they release him through in a sequel, prequel, or spinoff, i.e. a different game. The promise is only binding to this Warframe game anyway.

All the confusion results from the name change. We're getting the same exact thing as China, only they're changing the name. Somebody else said there's an Umbra and Umbra Prime in China. If this is true, I'd like to see evidence that there's two different ones. Maybe a picture of their separate codex entries or different entries in the arsenal. For now though, it's simple enough to assume we're getting the same exact thing with a name change for legal issues.

All the confusion results from the name change. We're getting the same exact thing as China, only they're changing the name. Somebody else said there's an Umbra and Umbra Prime in China. If this is true, I'd like to see evidence that there's two different ones. Maybe a picture of their separate codex entries or different entries in the arsenal. For now though, it's simple enough to assume we're getting the same exact thing with a name change for legal issues.

Their isn't one people are just assuming that because China has Prime that they must have regular one as well which isn't the case.

First off, I'd like to say that not only does Umbra look better than Excalibur Prime (He has an entirely original design, isn't just a reskin with a different helmet, and has better stats). This is really the only loophole towards consoles and other PC players getting an upgraded Excalibur. The fact that it isn't Excalibur Prime doesn't bother me. The mere fact that the fans desires to have a primed Excalibur after a promise that sealed the deal with founders was made, one that caused a lot of salt, wasn't very well thought out, and probably never should have been made, has been sorted out. DE probably realized not too long after they decided Excalibur Prime would be a limited time exclusive deal giving people lots of bragging rights that it would anger alot of newer players. They might not EVER do a founder's promise like this ever again with future games (hopefully they learned their lesson). The only way Excalibur Prime could ever legally come back as himself is if they release him through in a sequel, prequel, or spinoff, i.e. a different game. The promise is only binding to this Warframe game anyway.

a very sensible point.

is it even possible that umbra could be the next founders promise?

to bring more content like the second dream to our fingers