The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

Remember when I compared folks to children who accidentally found the presents in the attic and now won't stop yelling for their parents to give them the presents right now?

You guys are just making that comparison more and more apt.

Except in this situation its more like finding out about a present because your parents gave it to one of your siblings first, and being told to wait an undetermined amount of time to get it yourself. Its also been several months so right now isn't really the right phrasing, more like we've already waited so long, can we have it already?

Are you planning on saying anything useful rather than try and stir up trouble?

Alright.

They say they want to release Umbra with some interesting lore attached, so that it's not just "Here, have a Warframe variant for no reason at all."

They're also planning on revamping the star chart soon, and radically changing how we access Void missions. That's cool.

The 'frame which Stalker uses sure looks to resemble what we've seen of Umbra Excalibur.

The Stalker once referred to himself as a low Guardian, and he sure seems hurtmad about the fall of the high Orokin.

I'm gonna stick these four bits of information in a blender and come out with a piece of WILD SPECULATION.

Umbra Warframes were a specific type of 'frame used as guard forces. Hell, maybe they were even used as bodyguards for some of the Orokin. That might fit with some of how the Orokin viewed themselves, i.e. as bright shining golden Science! gods. Such blinding lights would cast the deepest shadows....their Umbra bodyguards, culled from the most fanatically loyal, heavily brainwashed Tenno.

When the Orokin fell, some of the survivors escaped the blades of the vengeful Tenno by fleeing to far, uncharted emergency strongholds, hidden in folds of the Void which few Keys were ever crafted for, accompanied by their silent shadows.

With the collapse of the traditional means of accessing the Void, the Tenno are forced to use their existing Keys in conjunction with unstable rifts on the other planets and planetoids, which has the strange and frightening result of occasionally, just sometimes, accidentally reaching ancient Orokin refuges, untouched for millenia. These refuges don't contain Corrupted Grineer or Corpus, but contain forms of Orokin fighter which haven't been seen since the fall of the empire.....including, in each refuge, the remains of an Umbra 'frame. Their Operators long dead, these 'frames cannot access Focus powers or use their Void-born abilities, but have been upgraded with deadly effective combat software, and a friend or foe system set to repel the treacherous Tenno.

Defeat such an Umbra 'frame in a challenging boss battle, and when it has been destroyed, scan its remains for a chance at a component blueprint, or a part of its weaponry, once restricted to the guard caste.

And that's why we can't get Umbra yet, gotta wait for star chart 3.0 and the destruction of the Void.

Probably total nonsense, and I have no reason to think anything like it is true, but it would be a lore-based reason.

Edited by BornWithTeeth

Except in this situation its more like finding out about a present because your parents gave it to one of your siblings first, and being told to wait an undetermined amount of time to get it yourself. Its also been several months so right now isn't really the right phrasing, more like we've already waited so long, can we have it already?

If only I could up vote more than once. +1

Alright.

They say they want to release Umbra with some interesting lore attached, so that it's not just "Here, have a Warframe variant for no reason at all."

They're also planning on revamping the star chart soon, and radically changing how we access Void missions. That's cool.

The 'frame which Stalker uses sure looks to resemble what we've seen of Umbra Excalibur.

The Stalker once referred to himself as a low Guardian, and he sure seems hurtmad about the fall of the high Orokin.

I'm gonna stick these four bits of information in a blender and come out with a piece of WILD SPECULATION.

Umbra Warframes were a specific type of 'frame used as guard forces. Hell, maybe they were even used as bodyguards for some of the Orokin. That might fit with some of how the Orokin viewed themselves, i.e. as bright shining golden Science! gods. Such blinding lights would cast the deepest shadows....their Umbra bodyguards, culled from the most fanatically loyal, heavily brainwashed Tenno.

When the Orokin fell, some of the survivors escaped the blades of the vengeful Tenno by fleeing to far, uncharted emergency strongholds, hidden in folds of the Void which few Keys were ever crafted for, accompanied .

With the collapse of the traditional means of accessing the Void, the Tenno are forced to use their existing Keys in conjunction with unstable rifts on the other planets and planetoids, which has the strange and frightening result of reaching ancient Orokin refuges, untouched for millenia. These refuges don't contain Corrupted Grineer or Corpus, but contain forms of Orokin fighter which havent been seen since the fall of the empire.....including, in each refuge, the remains of an Umbra 'frame. Their Operators long dead, these 'frames cannot access Focus powers or use their Void-born abilities, but have been upgraded with deadly effective combat software, and a friend or foe system set to repel the treacherous Tenno.

Defeat such an Umbra 'frame, and when it has been destroyed, scan its remains for a chance at a component blueprint, or a part of its weaponry, once restricted to the guard caste.

And that's why we can't get Umbra yet, gotta wait for star chart 3.0 and the destruction of the Void.

Probably total nonsense, and I have no reason to think anything like it is true, but it would be a lore-based reason.

Nice. Keep offering intelligent posts like that instead of off-topic analogies. +1 Edited by (PS4)Redemption_015

I'd just like to see more concepts and lore discussion in this thread like this, good job, even if a bit chaotic you tried :3

Side note:

to any of those having issues with one another, please take it to PM and not flood the discussion thread with spats and open arguments on personal issues 

If you dont want others to answer you, dont post it to a thread with followers who get updates on newest posts.

keep to the topic 

UzTpIFi.gif

~Thank you 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Side note:

to any of those having issues with one another, please take it to PM and not flood the discussion thread with spats and open arguments on personal issues 

If you dont want others to answer you, dont post it to a thread with followers who get updates on newest posts.

keep to the topic 

~Thank you 

Whoa, like I kown you MADE the topic, but truth to be told you don't OWN it

Also. where is that GIF From?