The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

No, there is alot we can do, keep doing this topic as it is, Steve was NOT forced to do anything, and if there is more delays, more people will be angry, its that simple

Do you remaber, when people got upset over Chromoa's helmet? well this is the same thing, just another context, but alot worse , and it will get worse until we HAVE Umbra

Same thing, just as stupid. Drac is Chroma's best helmet.

Several replies of "Yeah, I'd prefer to just get Umbra as a skin now!" Ok.

Thing is....if Umbra is just a skin, with no lore and no associated quest, then why so hype in the first place?

Why were some people hyped about Rhino Palatine? Some are hyped about the new Trinity Skin. My clannies were really hyped about Valkyr Gersimi.etc etc

Simple answer, we like the design. If you don't then no worries. Just don't buy it but please don't hate on those that do. If DE released Umbra as a skin I know a lot of people in my clan who would be content

EDIT: Also I'd like to point out that whenever we get a new Prime Warframe we get no associated quest with it. The best we get for lore is a short codex entry. All we know about Primes for that matter is that they were versions created by the Orokin and at best a Prime Warframe is just a reskinned warframe with added stats much like... see where I'm going here?

All the info we get about primes are barebones in terms of lore but a lot of people are always hyped whenever a new Prime comes. I believe this is a reasonable comparison for the hype surrounding Excalibur Umbra

Edited by Loki

"The S#&$storm will continue, and will only get worse until we get what we want."

Mang.....and what if DE reply by saying "Sorry kid. We don't negotiate with terrorists," and kick you off the forums until folks chill out? 

Lol, too be fair, that whuold be funny to see DE say that..

However, its been like that for a while now, back when we had that issues with the Helmet, then when we first found out about Umbra, and I can't remaber, but was it the original plan to give us the China stuff, or was it a forced hand? 

Edited by LegionCynex

Yeah, I like that Helmet, it looks like a skinned dragon, put onto a helmet, but to be fair, I do like the other better

Tho I am so shocked, how much negativity that helmet got, and I never was able to given the chance to ask Why? 

Lol, too be fair, that whuold be funny to see DE say that..

However, its been like that for a while now, back when we had that issues with the Helmet, then when we first found out about Umbra, and I can't remaber, but was it the original plan to give us the China stuff, or was it a forced hand?

No one knows specifically. At first DE said it was intended, but ChangYou came forward and said "Nope", shinning a light on DE's dishonesty. The storm has only gotten worse since then.

You call it stupid, but the Drac helmet isn't Chroma's default. Proves Legions point; complain enough and you will get what you want in this game.

You call it stupid, but the Drac helmet isn't Chroma's default. Proves Legions point; complain enough and you will get what you want in this game.

He isn't wrong though, Drac helmet was ACTUALLY chroma's default. People complained about him looking like an anteater so they changed his default helmet to what we have now. And i personally also like the drac helmet the most.

No, there is alot we can do, keep doing this topic as it is, Steve was NOT forced to do anything, and if there is more delays, more people will be angry, its that simple

Do you remaber, when people got  upset over Chromoa's helmet? well this is the same thing, just another context, but alot worse , and it will get worse until we HAVE Umbra  

I do remember it mate and I do see some analogies, though this Umbra issue is running since months and I don't really feel like there was any progress due to our feedback/complaints/rage/thoughts.

Chroma helmet was changed(or at least, we assume it was) in about 15 days? 

Honestly I saw DE quite annoyed by the topic, especially during Devstreams; it was like if Steve's mouth was saying "It's coming soon don't worry" but his face was showing "It comes when it comes, goddamit".

Anyway, if the threads remains civil and constructive I see no reason not to keep discussing about the matter until we get some news!

Edited by siralextraffo

No one knows specifically. At first DE said it was intended, but ChangYou came forward and said "Nope", shinning a light on DE's dishonesty. The storm has only gotten worse since then.

Really?, thats odd..I'm sure it was, but I had the feeling it was not, tho I whuold not understand, as I didn't pay much attention to the China Frames, that much untill I took it to the face, by the Topics, that where about it, and Ohoh boy what a slap in the face was..

As for the Drac, Unsure I didn't pay much care into his helmet as I don't really like Dragons that much to begin with (Chroma fans please don't kill me). I never played him, so I don't kown how "cool" he is, as my Poiroity right now is Prime Warframes, and the wait of Syarn & Umbra.

(Yes Im one of them people who ONLY put Forma/Exlis and full time and mods into Prime Warframes only, the other warframes are cosmetic to me)

Well, chroma didn't get released for us with drac helmet. He got released with the helmet he has now, but he got previewed in a devstream and that drove some many people mad ^^

As for the Drac, Unsure I didn't pay much care into his helmet as I don't really like Dragons that much to begin with (Chroma fans please don't kill me).

Unacceptable!

Edited by IceColdHawk

I do remember it mate and I do see some analogies, though this Umbra issue is running since months and I don't really feel like there was any progress due to our feedback/complaints/rage/thoughts.

Chroma helmet was changed(or at least, we assume it was) in about 15 days? 

Honestly I saw DE quite annoyed by the topic, especially during Devstreams; it was like if Steve's mouth was saying "It's coming soon don't worry" but his face was showing "It comes when it comes, goddamit".

Anyway, if the threads remains civil and constructive I see no reason not to keep discussing about the matter until we get some news!

Yeah, alot to, and I can see the same analogies as well, as for any real progress due to our "this and that", I don't kown i whats going on, tho I am coming up with a theory now, after what Red Said. And well I'm unsure if I should post it, its nothing against DE or anything, just my idea why its taking so long.

And where did you see that excaly, I'm really good at spotting emotions via eye contact (Yes I kown, it sounds creepy when I say it out loud), chuold you point me out to one?, tho it sounds like we're getting under their skin, and coming to Drac level, thus forcing Umbra to come. (No pun intended)

As for Civil and stuff, yeahhhhh..its a little late for that..now, even if this topic gets locked a new one WILL come up, both compaling about how they locked it, and still not given us Info, turst me...it will happen Dx

As for Civil and stuff, yeahhhhh..its a little late for that..now, even if this topic gets locked a new one WILL come up, both compaling about how they locked it, and still not given us Info, turst me...it will happen Dx

The forums being a toxic place where players harass the devs is not somehow a good thing.

All of this just makes me sad in a way. This could all be avoided if DE simply just come forward and explain.

Totally Agree.

I'd prefer DE saying "stop the hype, there will be no excal umbra for global build" rather than the current lack of information with bandaids like "you'll get it soon, but we don't even know when nor how, so don't ask"

On the other hand, DE has been saying we're getting umbra during the last 6 or 7 months, but still no real information about it, so saying there will be no umbra might rise lots of salt.

The forums being a toxic place where players harass the devs is not somehow a good thing.

Well..yeah..but like Red said: This could all be avoided if DE simply just come forward and explain.

so saying there will be no umbra might rise lots of salt.

Geez, you think?, after all this time?

Who KNOWS what will happen, if that happened, I kown for sure, that a ALOT of people will leave 

Geez, you think?, after all this time?

Who KNOWS what will happen, if that happened, I kown for sure, that a ALOT of people will leave

Well, I didn't want it to sound like a threat, but after 6 months of hype hearing that we're gwtting Umbra Excal, a sudden change of mind will obviously rise lots of salt. Even myself might get salty and stop supporting DE, if they keep messing this way I might even stop playing for a while. I know just one player isn't a big loss, but sadly I might not be the only one (playerbase keeps growing anyways)

On the other hand, we have DE in the uncomfortable position between a part of community asking for at least some info on this topic (some other players demand the frame release asap, but imho, going that far is a little much) and LeYou / Changyou owning DE and saying Umbra Excal is exclusive to chinese originators and thus he won't drop in-game (another money exclusive? It will rise more salt and divide community)

Like it or not, this might be harder to DE than it seems, thus the stall on this topic.

PD: hopefully we get umbra excal on late February / early March to stop all speculation.

Amd hopefully our umbra is pretty similar (or better looking) than the chinese primed brother

Edited by -----LegioN-----

On the other hand, we have DE in the uncomfortable position between a part of community asking for at least some info on this topic (some other players demand the frame release asap, but imho, going that far is a little much) and LeYou / Changyou owning DE and saying Umbra Excal is exclusive to chinese originators and thus he won't drop in-game (another money exclusive? It will rise more salt and divide community)

Like it or not, this might be harder to DE than it seems, thus the stall on this topic.

Be great if DE came forward and confirmed this. Yea, it'll make them incredibly unpopular, but at least they didn't drag it out to a point where everybody was expecting Umbra.

Rebecca, when are we getting that long lost FAQ you promised us in July?

n0lPI5w.png

'Timezones and languages'. That was the first excuse.

Edited by (PS4)Redemption_015

Ironically I'd be fine if Excalibur Umbra is released to us as a sort of Deluxe Skin as I mainly interested in his Aesthetics (The Scarf is too good)

I don't care for the 6k Mastery points, I don't care much for the possible added stats since I've survived the highest content with normal Excalibur's stats. I just want the looks of Excalibur Umbra

Instead of  doing this however DE has decided that Excalibur Umbra, a reskin with added stats, should be delayed because #Lore

Yes I'm salty, come at me

You would be ok with waiting over half a year for a skin? For a frame we already have like 5 different skins for? Not I.

Well, I didn't want it to sound like a threat, but after 6 months of hype hearing that we're gwtting Umbra Excal, a sudden change of mind will obviously rise lots of salt. Even myself might get salty and stop supporting DE, if they keep messing this way I might even stop playing for a while. I know just one player isn't a big loss, but sadly I might not be the only one (playerbase keeps growing anyways)

PD: hopefully we get umbra excal on late February / early March to stop all speculation.

Amd hopefully our umbra is pretty similar (or better looking) than the chinese primed brother

This is what I have been saying for a while, but no one listens to crazy old MK.

giphy.gif

People. Please.

I am pretty sure you know DE have a lot of things in the pipe right now. There is much coming up and the Umbra Frames are progressing ever closer, I am sure. This tinfoil hat-wearing approach to how there is some conspiracy to why they are being held back is completely ludicrous though. As for their explanation, if you have had any experience in DE's storytelling, you would know they keep their cards pretty close to their chest until the big reveal.

This is nothing new.

Have some patience, keep your civility and continue in constructive discussion. Dev Bashing, wild business speculation and disrespectful comments are not going to get you any information any faster and lowers the quality of the discussion.

If you can't keep it civil, I'm locking the the thread.

Game on.