The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

After seven months they haven't managed to get the resolution to an acceptable standard? Apologies but my trust is lost there.

You have good points otherwise though. Still doesn't stop me from being annoyed, but you offer valid insight. If he is going to be involved in a quest, it better be pretty damn impressive, maybe even more impressive than the SD, for all the grief and toxic it has caused.

No one is going to tell you to stop being annoyed. That's your right. I also agree, The Second Dream has raised the bar pretty high. It would be sad to see a story quest come along that seemed pale in comparison when there is a lot of potentially juicy lore to be had with the umbra.

All I can urge to anyone reading this is patience. It's coming. I have faith.

Grief and Toxin aren't DE's fault. That's how some players choose to respond. Response is purely in the responders' hands.

Grief and Toxin aren't DE's fault? Well then how does grief and toxin come to be? Not out of thin air certainly. Whatever path they take, it will displease somebody.

Edited by (PS4)Redemption_015

Not really as that is as vague as the other responses. Just maybe elaborate a bit more yes?

They can't actually elaborate if it's not finalized - hard to explain an answer you don't actually have. 

And given how this community deals with any and all changes, a guess - which will likely be changed - will cause people to complain when it's changed, even if they were told from the get-go it wasn't finalized.

Grief and Toxin aren't DE's fault? Well then how would the grief and toxin come to be?

By the person responses.

Are you seriously saying it's DEs fault?

You could be like Tim, but now you're just being like Bob

Edited by KJRenz

By the person responses.

Are you seriously saying it's DEs fault?

You could be like Tim, but now you're just being like Bob

Didn't recognise the reference.

They can't actually elaborate if it's not finalized - hard to explain an answer you don't actually have. 

After seven months?

player expectation vs reality of system and software restriction 

Touché.

Derailing posts cleaned.

To quote Silverbones for emphasis:

You are free to state whatever you want. You are a consumer and you may exercise your right to consume or not to your desires.

But, much like a library who asks people to not talk loudly in their building, it is not impeding on anyone's civil right to remove someone screaming profanity or making unfounded claims about the library's owners ability or loyalties to the customer. That is simply an owner of the premise showing the disruptive person the door so other people can enjoy reading in peace.

[...]

Voicing your opinion does not immediately mean that you get to do it in a way that insults the developers or other players. I am not saying everyone in this thread has been doing so, but there is a trend in posting that had gone from discussion and feedback to accusation and insults.

This holds true under all circumstances; the forums are a place for civil discussion. At no point is disrespectful behavior ever warranted or allowed. Patience is a virtue and respect is a must here.

Patience is a virtue and respect is a must here.

That is a great point letter, thanks for bringing it up, Respect is a Must, but I can't really agree with how patience is a virtue, have you seen how long people have been waiting for?

Tho glad some of the things have been cleaned up!

much appreciated 

Was that necessary Mako?

Anyways Onto Topic:

I want to ask, and hopefully won't blow up on my face..

What Warframe, whuold you like to see as Umbra?

Edited by LegionCynex

Grief and Toxin aren't DE's fault? Well then how does grief and toxin come to be? Not out of thin air certainly. Whatever path they take, it will displease somebody.

Disagreement doesn't create Toxin. Immature spoiled people create Toxin.

... ..

all of them. Why would any need to be excluded?

Was that necessary Mako?

Anyways Onto Topic:

I want to ask, and hopefully won't blow up on my face..

equinox, im intrigued to see its dual nature effects with umbra powers we have discussed at length

just showing appreciation, take it as you will

might have been asking about ones youd want to see more then others. or your preferred frame  

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Hmm....Equinox just made me have a thought:  What if Umbra Excal isn't a frame, but rather an aspect of a Frame?  Umbra itself is a new frame, and it changes - probably involuntarily - between all possible Umbras?   You choose to play as Umbra, and in mission you switch from Umbra Excal to Umbra Mag to Umbra Volt, depending on what type of damage you receive?

Hmm....Equinox just made me have a thought:  What if Umbra Excal isn't a frame, but rather an aspect of a Frame?  Umbra itself is a new frame, and it changes - probably involuntarily - between all possible Umbras?   You choose to play as Umbra, and in mission you switch from Umbra Excal to Umbra Mag to Umbra Volt, depending on what type of damage you receive?

Hmm. A bit Sentient like...

that is very intriguing , so a shape shifter frame that adopts powers of other frames 

Hmm. A bit Sentient like...

a we bit

That whuold be cool as hell and well worth the wait

Edited by LegionCynex

Dunno, having 3 versions of each warframe seems a bit too much to me.

And having Umbra clearly better than Prime or the other way around wouldn't work as the reasons to farm the weaker gear would fall.

DE makes a lot of money with Prime Access, so unless we're starting to get Umbra versions for non Primed yet frames I doubt we'll get a full set of Umbra.

Excalibur makes sense as there's no Prime version available to everyone, I welcome it, but I see no reasons to make Umbra "a thing", as Steve was saying.

Umbraing only a few frames would be bad for fans of the frames left out, but Umbraing them all?? I mean, Prime release can't keep up to standard frames one, can you imagine a double premium release of two different kinds??

equinox, im intrigued to see its dual nature effects with umbra powers we have discussed at length

just showing appreciation, take it as you will

might have been asking about ones youd want to see more then others. or your preferred frame

ok, then Frost, because he's cool, Volt, because a new look for him would just be shocking, Ember could have a more smoldering look...

And having Umbra clearly better than Prime or the other way around wouldn't work as the reasons to farm the weaker gear would fall.

DE makes a lot of money with Prime Access, so unless we're starting to get Umbra versions for non Primed yet frames I doubt we'll get a full set of Umbra.

Excalibur makes sense as there's no Prime version available to everyone, I welcome it, but I see no reasons to make Umbra "a thing", as Steve was saying.

Umbraing only a few frames would be bad for fans of the frames left out, but Umbraing them all?? I mean, Prime release can't keep up to standard frames one, can you imagine a double premium release of two different kinds??

very logical

but at same time that would then lead to umbra bieng a frame onto itself, it should have powers that

i dont know, standout and make it fun / viable / and useful in game

I always thought it was just Excalibur Umbra. I'm of the same mind that there would be too many frames and not enough room for them all.