The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

Alright, due to the fact that someone removed the post about the "New Enemies" or have melded it with this topic, yet edited it, due to "Reasons", I'll have to repost what I requested.

Has anyone tryed making the " Shadow Debts" In-game?, due to how they look I can't see that they will be that hard to do, so if anyone is able, send your pics.

Now what I wonder is, tho I kinder hope not: Do you think we'll get a Stalker Helmet, or these Frames as our own.

(Reason why I hope not, is we'll have Stalker wanna-bes walking around)

no they stated the event shadow debt is not linked to umbra , but they did not say those new shadows arent. Rebecca was careful with her wording

Uhm, right, thought when Steve talked about Umbra he seemed to describe a system that is not only far from done(even in the concept), but is something new?

I mean, I suppose that if it was something related to things already in game it could have been much easier and faster to implement Umbra, but apparently they're still on the "figure out how to" stage..

Now what I wonder is, tho I kinder hope not: Do you think we'll get a Stalker Helmet, or these Frames as our own.

(Reason why I hope not, is we'll have Stalker wanna-bes walking around)

2Edgy4me

But yea, those topics are deleted due to them breaking guideline rules of leaking stuff on the forums.

But I agree, I don't want to see Stalker wannabes running around being Edgy

Uhm, right, thought when Steve talked about Umbra he seemed to describe a system that is not only far from done(even in the concept), but is something new?

I mean, I suppose that if it was something related to things already in game it could have been much easier and faster to implement Umbra, but apparently they're still on the "figure out how to" stage..

ya that why i do agree the shadow debt event wont be linked to umbra , but that they may use the frames presented in the initial enemies as a possible pool for umbra .. 

but yes it still looks like they are at the "brainstorming stage" , maybe we can brainstorm concepts as well that could give them inspiration?

ya that why i do agree the shadow debt event wont be linked to umbra , but that they may use the frames presented in the initial enemies as a possible pool for umbra .. 

but yes it still looks like they are at the "brainstorming stage" , maybe we can brainstorm concepts as well that could give them inspiration?

here is my inspiration xD

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/598799-de-fan-art/

i think DE dont wanna see excal primes and excals deleted off uncountable accounts because of the new umbra and his stats ...

so they have to do a real WISE job with the umbra =)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Edited by Guest

i think DE dont wanna see excal primes and excals deleted off uncountable accounts because of the new umbra and his stats ...

so they have to do a real WISE job with the umbra =)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Why would anyone intentionally delete Excalibur Prime? 

Edited by EmptyDevil

I bet some customization items (attachments, skins and color setups) will still looking better on vanilla abd prime Excalibur than on Umbra, and if the last one gets to have some downsides heavy enough, even if said downsides are situational, vanilla (and prime) excal will still have their use (and if those downsides are way too heavy people might hate more than baro today)

Why would anyone intentionally delete Excalibur Prime?

Some people just want to see the world burn

I bet some customization items (attachments, skins and color setups) will still looking better on vanilla abd prime Excalibur than on Umbra, and if the last one gets to have some downsides heavy enough, even if said downsides are situational, vanilla (and prime) excal will still have their use (and if those downsides are way too heavy people might hate more than baro today)

Some people just want to see the world burn

in all honesty i dont want much on my umbra other then edo and a nikana (p?) 

i still think umbras will just add more flavor to the pot

my hope is that it makes us got outside the "meta" squad or team and help facilitate better squad dynamics 

A post from a moderator on the matter:

Umbra will come when DE are ready with the system that they want to use to release him with.

No amount of begging, drawing fan art of them (to beg them for it) will make them drop everything and either work solely on Umbra or the "Umbra system" that they say they are working on.

You just have to be patient, we don't need Excal Umbra right this minute, its just you want him right this minute. 

To all those who have been sending Steve hate mail over Umbra, you do know that your likely making it even longer right? Why would they work on something that constantly gets them bashed by the community?

They want to do it the way they have said, with introducing lore on why this third variant of Excalibur exists, what is an Umbra frame and setting up a system in case they do future umbra frames.

And with them just come back from doing Second Dream and Christmas. I would say (in my personal opinion) it would be worth the wait to get a cinematic quest for Excal Umbra on the same level of Second Dream.

Yep. I'd much rather get an interesting Warframe variant, after a tough quest which reveals lore, than just get a skin.

Also, do remember that the Mios was two years coming, and it's a great weapon, fun to use, decent stats, looks fantastic. Good things come to those who wait.

Looks like this quest might be involving Alad V maybe?, to repay his dept?

I think I remaber at some point, he wanted us to repay him, and if IIRC Huhow sent people after him, due to he was helping us. So maybe we need to save him from them Stalker things?

Well, that's exactly how it is going to be.

Though, we maybe should discuss about the event in some related threads! :D

That seems likely. If so, it ties the Stalker ever further to Hunhow. I think Stalky may have gotten himself (herself?) in deeper than was intended, poor fool.

If.

I would stab myself repeatedly if stalker turned out to be a little girl. >.<

I would stab myself repeatedly if stalker turned out to be a little girl. >.<

Say, if you die, chuold I sell your body parts and organs?

I'll give you some of the cash, no worry Tenno

Well, that's exactly how it is going to be.

Though, we maybe should discuss about the event in some related threads! :D

Oh?

Boring. What did I miss Umbra wise?

Steve said that somebody has been realy vicious on his twitter about umbras, was that you? :P

Anyway, he said that Umbra has some new system thingy being implemented on it and he mentioned it as another reason why it is not coming yet. 

Still no estimated date tho. Pls don't explode.