The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

20 minutes ago, Kethos said:

They take way more than 9 months to make. Making video games, even portions of them, is quite time consuming. 

obviously you do not get the point? in  9 months can be a lot to be done, especially when it came to the one frame and a one quest for him!just trying to say that everything has a solution especially if you want it to be  finished in the game right on time... but here we can see that this obviously DE they do not want to do ...

Edited by Vlada91

I hope umbra comes with a whole new set of abilities.

No point getting just the same frames with a tiny change here and there and a different look.

The theme of the frame should be the same but the abilities should be different.

For example, an Excalibur Umbra with Exalted Sword & Shield or a Radial Blind that pulls in enemies or no wave but extremely tanky and 100% damage mitigation with the shield.

This will give more options since we get the normal frame, the prime (same frame with a bit of stat change) and umbra (same frame with stat change & abilities change) but still within the same theme.

Maybe even put the abilities up for poll (1 by 1) so the community decides how an Umbra should play differently from the Prime and normal versions.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

4 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

I'm just going to say one more thing! for  9 months can make a whole new game. For example assasins creed which comes out every year. Poor excuses are nothing more than poor excuses. if they wanted to insert Umbra in the game, they would have set him 99 times already. DE have become a great warframe team, and all this with our support. 

I think you really have no grasp about what goes into making a game if you think 9 months is the average lead time for a game to be made. Even more so if your basis for comparison is the likes of the Assassin's Creed series, which is backed by the multi-million dollar company Ubisoft. Dunno if you've noticed, but DE has nowhere near the same amount of funds to throw around the way Ubi does.

However, it is very safe to say that Umbra Excal is likely already built and coded into the game. The problem is that (and sometimes I think this is easy to forget) clients between different countries often have pretty large differences. Not ones we as a gamer would even necessarily see, too. So even though the Chinese client has seen the release of features that EU/NA client hasn't, it doesn't necessarily mean you can just port straight across and shove it in hoping it'll all work. Basically: it takes far longer than nine months to make a game, you can't use a company like Ubisoft as a basis for your comparison to the far smaller DE, and while I can't begin to pretend Umbra probably doesn't exist in some close to complete form on the EU/NA client if he's released in the client of another country, it would also be unfair to assume the case is as simple as just porting him across.

6 hours ago, Airyllish said:

I think you really have no grasp about what goes into making a game if you think 9 months is the average lead time for a game to be made. Even more so if your basis for comparison is the likes of the Assassin's Creed series, which is backed by the multi-million dollar company Ubisoft. Dunno if you've noticed, but DE has nowhere near the same amount of funds to throw around the way Ubi does.

However, it is very safe to say that Umbra Excal is likely already built and coded into the game. The problem is that (and sometimes I think this is easy to forget) clients between different countries often have pretty large differences. Not ones we as a gamer would even necessarily see, too. So even though the Chinese client has seen the release of features that EU/NA client hasn't, it doesn't necessarily mean you can just port straight across and shove it in hoping it'll all work. Basically: it takes far longer than nine months to make a game, you can't use a company like Ubisoft as a basis for your comparison to the far smaller DE, and while I can't begin to pretend Umbra probably doesn't exist in some close to complete form on the EU/NA client if he's released in the client of another country, it would also be unfair to assume the case is as simple as just porting him across.

Actually, DE stated long ago that they have everything needed for Excal Umbra to be added. What takes it so long is the introduction system.

The fact is that many players who wait for Excal Umbra don't care about the system, only the warframe itself.

10 hours ago, Kethos said:

Umbra exists. People choosing to be abusive about it is their choice.. They could also choose to wait patiently instead of lighting torches and grabbing pitchforks over what is essentially a skin with some minor stats attached to it. It's a matter of some being responsible for their behavior instead of blaming DE for how some are choosing to react to the situation.

And you have summed up the entire reason why these people are raging. They are raging because it is a skin with minor stat improvements, that has been delayed for nine months. Umbra exists yes, but what about OUR one? You know the one that is 96% similar to the Chinese Umbra? What does he look like?

8 hours ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

No point getting just the same frames with a tiny change here and there and a different look.

The theme of the frame should be the same but the abilities should be different.

For example, an Excalibur Umbra with Exalted Sword & Shield or a Radial Blind that pulls in enemies or no wave but extremely tanky and 100% damage mitigation with the shield.

This will give more options since we get the normal frame, the prime (same frame with a bit of stat change) and umbra (same frame with stat change & abilities change) but still within the same theme.

Maybe even put the abilities up for poll (1 by 1) so the community decides how an Umbra should play differently from the Prime and normal versions.

Actually, the only main point of Umbra is to be an alternative to Excalibur Prime, so an enhanced version of Excalibur available to everyone; people want to use Excalibur but with a deluxe version of the frame, which is available currently for every frame Primed so far but him.

There woulnd't be all this interest on Umbra if it wasn't Excalibur.

Edited by siralextraffo

8 hours ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

And this is precisely why, delaying Umbra even further is a bad thing. Peoples expectations are getting more and more outlandish.

Assassin's Creed has multiple studios working on different games, so that a new one comes out every year even though each game took years to make.

Syndicate was made by Ubisoft Quebec. Unity was made by Ubisoft Montreal. Rogue by Ubisoft Sofia. Some of them, like Revelations, had SIX studios dedicated to making the game. (Montreal, Annecy, Bucharest, Quebec, Singapore, and Massive, because RIP Massive.)

21 minutes ago, (PS4)Redemption_015 said:

And you have summed up the entire reason why these people are raging. They are raging because it is a skin with minor stat improvements, that has been delayed for nine months. Umbra exists yes, but what about OUR one? You know the one that is 96% similar to the Chinese Umbra? What does he look like?

I imagine it looks very similar, with about 4% of a difference.

You're kind of tinfoil hatting pretty hard right now, dude. Hatters gonna hat, etc. DE have no reason to create Umbra and then completely screw up the visual design of him, just to annoy you.

Which is, to be honest, where most of the theories kinda lose me.

DE are refusing to release Umbra! (No, they're not. They're just holding off on releasing Umbra into the global build until they have a satisfactory way of doing so.)

DE aren't even working on Umbra! (As noted one page back, DE is not one monolithic point of view which can only work on one thing at a time. Furthermore, it is ok for them have Umbra on a little bit of a back burner while they sort out some other issues. Finally, DE do not have to run their weekly work schedules past the players for approval.)

Just release Umbra as a skin, that's what everyone wants! (No, that isn't what everyone wants. DE are focusing more and more on cinematic quests and expanding the setting lore, slowly revealing the tragedy of what happened during the Void Era. Multiple players, myself included, have posted to this thread stating that just dumping Umbra as a meaningless skin would be a real waste of a good opportunity.)

It's cool. Umbra will come when it comes.

16 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

You're kind of tinfoil hatting pretty hard right now, dude. Hatters gonna hat, etc. DE have no reason to create Umbra and then completely screw up the visual design of him, just to annoy you.

DE are refusing to release Umbra! (No, they're not. They're just holding off on releasing Umbra into the global build until they have a satisfactory way of doing so.)

DE aren't even working on Umbra! (As noted one page back, DE is not one monolithic point of view which can only work on one thing at a time. Furthermore, it is ok for them have Umbra on a little bit of a back burner while they sort out some other issues. Finally, DE do not have to run their weekly work schedules past the players for approval.)

Just release Umbra as a skin, that's what everyone wants! (No, that isn't what everyone wants. DE are focusing more and more on cinematic quests and expanding the setting lore, slowly revealing the tragedy of what happened during the Void Era. Multiple players, myself included, have posted to this thread stating that just dumping Umbra as a meaningless skin would be a real waste of a good opportunity.)

A lot of players on this thread have also stated, like myself, that they do not care for lore and just want Umbra to be released. It's two sides of the argument BWT. It is okay for them to have him on the back burner, but not for nine months!

We are not asking for a weekly schedule, we are asking for a simple solid information update, which we have never got. There will always be issues in this game, so by your way of thinking, they will have Umbra on the back burner forever. It's been nine months of waiting. I can't believe people are still standing up for DE on this.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Redemption_015 said:

A lot of players on this thread have also stated, like myself, that they do not care for lore and just want Umbra to be released. It's two sides of the argument BWT. It is okay for them to have him on the back burner, but not for nine months!

We are not asking for a weekly schedule, we are asking for a simple solid information update, which we have never got. There will always be issues in this game, so by your way of thinking, they will have Umbra on the back burner forever. It's been nine months of waiting. I can't believe people are still standing up for DE on this.

you are 100% right, We deserve to know more for released date,and we need more information on Umbra...

i think it would be ideal to put him in update18.5  because it's about time for him  to be in our game

Edited by Vlada91

26 minutes ago, (PS4)Redemption_015 said:

I rest my case.

You rest your case on a tautology.

" i think it would be ideal to put him in update18.5  because it's about time for him  to be in our game " is a circular statement. It just means "I think Umbra should be released now because I think Umbra should be released now." It's cool to have an opinion, but that does not put forward any kind of proof or conclusive argument. 

Maybe Umbra will be in 18.5. Probably not though. Getting angry with DE is not going to help much.

2 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:
2 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

51 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

You rest your case on a tautology.

" i think it would be ideal to put him in update18.5  because it's about time for him  to be in our game " is a circular statement. It just means "I think Umbra should be released now because I think Umbra should be released now." It's cool to have an opinion, but that does not put forward any kind of proof or conclusive argument. 

Maybe Umbra will be in 18.5. Probably not though. Getting angry with DE is not going to help much.

i_like_you_supernatural.gif

Edited by siralextraffo
Dafuq is wrong with multiquote??

18 minutes ago, siralextraffo said:

i_like_you_supernatural.gif

+1QFT 

The notion that a player "deserves to know" is the most entitled notion I've ever heard. 

Umbra will be released when DE feels all aspects of the game are ready for him and not before. Unless you can cite official sources that give specific dates or numbers, claiming specific dates or numbers is foolhardy at best and rumour mongering at worst.

Just now, (PS4)Redemption_015 said:

After nine months of sculch, I think the community has at least earned the right to a snippet of information wouldn't you say? Is it truly hard to ask for an update on the so called 'system' they are working on? A completely spoiler free one mind you, like how exactly will we be able to get him? A quest? A new type of farming? Simple questions, still going unanswered.

The issue with that is, however, that not every player would be reasonable. I mean hell this thread is a fantastic example of what happens when the name is even mentioned by DE - people start demanding irrationally, start throwing their weight around and a good number of people start to make up "facts".

Nine months of silence, especially for smaller studios, sounds average.

Look at Riot for example, if you don't believe me. They released, officially, design, name and theme of a new dragon champion - Ao Shin. The hype was so real for this new mid-laner.

Then Riot went dark about Ao Shin for THREE YEARS and didn't speak of him again. Until this month, where they confirmed a dragon champion was being made. They confirmed his name was changed and no longer Ao Shin. They also confirmed he'd be released at some point in 2016.

Three. Years.

So no, I stand by what I said. Players don't deserve anything. And nine months of silence in the grand scheme of things? That is considerably short.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Redemption_015 said:

I rest my case on account that you are incorrect in assuming that the majority of players, would prefer an even longer waiting time for a quest that will be over-hyped and fail miserably, as is the tradition. Half of the players here want him released as standalone frame, the other half do not. Take a long look back through this entire thread, then come back.

Second Dream didn't fail miserably. Second Dream was awesome. It really changed how I felt about the game, it was spectacular.

Also, you're right that there's a split. I never claimed that the majority of people want to wait. However....every time this argument recurs, the players who want Umbra released immediately with no lore are the ones claiming to speak for everyone. Seeing as I have read the thread, I can go and find a whole load of posts by such players presuming that everyone agrees with them. So, when that happens, I'll pipe up, and point out that that isn't true.

1 minute ago, Airyllish said:

The issue with that is, however, that not every player would be reasonable. I mean hell this thread is a fantastic example of what happens when the name is even mentioned by DE - people start demanding irrationally, start throwing their weight around and a good number of people start to make up "facts".

Nine months of silence, especially for smaller studios, sounds average.

Look at Riot for example, if you don't believe me. They released, officially, design, name and theme of a new dragon champion - Ao Shin. The hype was so real for this new mid-laner.

Then Riot went dark about Ao Shin for THREE YEARS and didn't speak of him again. Until this month, where they confirmed a dragon champion was being made. They confirmed his name was changed and no longer Ao Shin. They also confirmed he'd be released at some point in 2016.

Three. Years.

So no, I stand by what I said. Players don't deserve anything. And nine months of silence in the grand scheme of things? That is considerably short.

Irrelevant. This Warframe, not League of Legends. Two completely different studios, who have completely methods of handling issues. DE is very tight-knit with it's community, one of the most considerate developers I know of. They are always giving us information on the upcoming updates. Mummy frame? We know he is coming with his own quest, we know he's in the Dev build and they're going through the final tweaks for him. Umbra? Nothing. He has been around while nearly five frames have passed the green light. Ridiculous? I believe so.

Just now, (PS4)Redemption_015 said:

Irrelevant. This Warframe, not League of Legends. Two completely different studios, who have completely methods of handling issues. DE is very tight-knit with it's community, one of the most considerate developers I know of. They are always giving us information on the upcoming updates. Mummy frame? We know he is coming with his own quest, we know he's in the Dev build and they're going through the final tweaks for him. Umbra? Nothing. He has been around while nearly five frames have passed the green light. Ridiculous? I believe so.

You are absolutely entitled to believe that this is ridiculous. That's fine.

I do not agree that anyone is entitled to be abusive and demanding towards the devs on account of this, though. I also think that some of the tinfoil hatting is becoming genuinely unreasonable.

1 minute ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Second Dream didn't fail miserably. Second Dream was awesome. It really changed how I felt about the game, it was spectacular.

Also, you're right that there's a split. I never claimed that the majority of people want to wait. However....every time this argument recurs, the players who want Umbra released immediately with no lore are the ones claiming to speak for everyone. Seeing as I have read the thread, I can go and find a whole load of posts by such players presuming that everyone agrees with them. So, when that happens, I'll pipe up, and point out that that isn't true.

Did I even mention anything about the Second Dream? No I didn't, because that wasn't pushed back nine months. Look at Ride to Hell Retribution, what an absolute failure that was, and it was hyped over. WatchDogs, over-hyped, under-delivered. It will be the same with the player base. Nine months, after all this waiting we get lore and people will think it'll be the new Second Dream, then it under-delivers. Just take a look back through the thread, we've had people thinking Umbra will have a completely different power set to Excalibur, we've had people thinking he will be the Godframe of this game, we've had people who think he's going to introduce some new game-breaking mechanic and it is only getting worse the more they continue to hold out on us.